Armor For Sleep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathblow
Wow I really like this band, I was very suprised how much I enjoyed their album 'Dream to Make Believe', especially as it was an impulse buy. This is emo as it should be; heartfelt, but not whiney and angsty, and they have more of an indie vibe rather than the pop-punky kind of sound most emo bands have. It's a very melodic and soothing CD, and the songs are all genuinely uplifiting.

I'd recommend them even to people not into emo yes

Anyone else heard of/like them?

Deathblow
0 replies eek!

furryman
Your sorry threads.. yeah I like them stick out tongue

Korri
droolio yeah...

SnakeEyes
I heard their song Car Underwater, and its really cool...

Df02
yep, although not my favourite emo band theyre up there amongst, top 2-3 maybe wink

All Warm and Being your walls are my 2 favourite songs thumb up
not a huge fan of 'What to do when you're dead' - the album just doesnt click with me like the first 1

Alpha Centauri
Steered way clear just because at first glance they quite obviously seemed like the typical emo band, and it appears I'd be forgiven for thinking so.

Have heard of them, not heard much tho. Not too sure I'll like, pretty sure.

-AC

Red Superfly
What is it with emo bands and putting "For" in their name?

It's always Something For Someone, or A Thing For Something.

Why is "For" so God damn Emo?

SnakeEyes
Because it causes people like you to question it and become EMOtional about it. Get it!

NicktheBassist
Lmao! i get it! but seriously, i heard a few of their songs... well to be honest, only one so i guess i can't make a very adiquate judgement, but from what i have heard, i like them a lot.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Because it causes people like you to question it and become EMOtional about it. Get it!

True. It's also because they don't have any f**king imagination.

MildPossession
Not a fan of the band, heard their albums and can't find anything in their music which will get me to listen to them again.

Kumar
i like them a lot. i ownloaded some of their songs and i am probably going to go buy "what to do when you are dead". in my group of buds, we all like mostly the same stuff but we all have our one band that only we like and Armor for Sleep is mine

SlipknoT
I hate this band..But I hate all emo so erm

RedAlertv2
^ Why do you dislike entire genres of music? Seems pretty dumb, cuz you'll miss out on good bands

SlipknoT
Well, First off I hate Emo kids with a passion, Girl Pants Wearing Pussies, I dont like People Who cry, And plus I hate Whinney vocals..I just hate Anything that has to do with emo, Sounds narrow Minded but meh...

Kumar
and indeed you are narrow minded. but at least they aren't a bunch of guys dressed up in halloween costumes running around screaming their heads off about death and Satan all the time. smokin'

SlipknoT
But at least those Guys make good music so it evens out...

Kumar
Except they DON'T!!! they just scream......
the defense rests

Bad Boy
I saw these support Fightstar! They sucked hard!

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Kumar
Except they DON'T!!! they just scream......
the defense rests Well, You have a Blink 182 avatar so I'm not going to take your musical oppinion to seriously

Kumar
At least they sing instead of yelling into a microphone

Imaginary
Yes, whiny singing. That's so good no expression

SlipknoT
Indeed, Whiney singing About your 6th grade Girlfriend is Never good

StinkFist462
im pretty much on the same page with slip about the emo thing.

Alpha Centauri
Jimmy Eat World don't whine about their girlfriends, nor are they 6th graders.

Surprising how uneducated some people are.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Personally, Ill listen to any genre of rock, even emo. If a song is catchy, Im not gonna say I hate it just because it is emotional.

I think the reason emo gets so much negative attention is because poeple are afraid that listening to emo will make them look like a wuss.
Not to say there arent emo bands out there worthy of being hated.

Alpha Centauri
But there are also bands worthy of being hated in any genre.

I could sit here dissing metal because of all these shit metal/metal"core" bands. I don't because there's no point.

-AC

Kumar
i agree. there is no reason for a person to hate an entire genre of music. there is some good stuff in almost every genre..... almost

SnakeEyes
I agree with some of the people above. Armor For Sleep is a really good band for all the reasons Deathblow mentioned. My Town and the Truth About Heaven are my 2 favorite songs by them.

Df02
Slipknot are shit

Deathblow
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Well, First off I hate Emo kids with a passion, Girl Pants Wearing Pussies, I dont like People Who cry, And plus I hate Whinney vocals..I just hate Anything that has to do with emo, Sounds narrow Minded but meh...

And I hate bands who look like cheap rejects from the Rocky Horror Show, who play watered-down death metal to appeal to greasy loser wannabe-goths who think the world is completely against them.

Btw ''I don't like people who cry''...seriously, you have issues.

Df02
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Indeed, Whiney singing About your 6th grade Girlfriend is Never good

every post you make causes you to look more of an idiot.

could top it off by putting on a boiler suit and haloween mask

Alpha Centauri
Let's not get into some big "Slipknot are shit" debacle. Their masks and their fans aside, they aren't a shit band by any means.

-AC

Df02
i don't like the music they make so i can say they're shit - in the same way Slip can say emo is shit

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but by noting the way they dress and noting their fans, it just gets a bit hypocritical and *** for tat.

-AC

Df02
im not actually going to bring this into a massive ongoing thing.. i just wanted to point out to him how what he's saying could be construed as hypocritical, and how unjustified opinions (or atleast opinions based on poor reasons) are just annoying

RedAlertv2
I think Slipknot has never bothered to listened to good emo, and instead of doing so, is choosing to blindly insult the whole genre.

Alpha Centauri
Whatever gave you that impression?

-AC

RedAlertv2
are you being sarcastic or serious?

Alpha Centauri
Sarcastic, with no offence.

-AC

RedAlertv2
okay, good.

SnakeEyes
Bumping this thread because I still really like this band and I've heard a lot more of their stuff.

RedAlertv2
Yeah I bought What To Do When You Are Dead the other day and I think its a pretty good album. I also like Dream to Make Believe. Good band.

SnakeEyes
BUMP

Looking forward to seeing them on Warped this year.

Kumar
yeah, i missed them last year and i was really pissed. it will be a good show this year though.

RedAlertv2
At this point Ive bought both of their albums and I have to say they are both solid. The 2nd one is a bit better, Id say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.