sub zero vs iceman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

5knuckleShuffle
hmmm tough one to pick.

MatchesMalone
Bobby Drake makes Sub-zero look like room temperature. Iceman gives him the beating of his life.

jinzin
Hmmmm are you not familiar with sub zero's upgrades of late, I'de say it's nearly an even bought but subs would win.

baddspellahl4
sub zero can be frozen, while Iceman can't. sub-zero only shoots ice. iceman shoots, controls, and can turn into ice. sub gets his kung-fu fighting ass whooped hands down.

MatchesMalone
No, I am not familiar with his upgrades. What are they?

ayjay
i go da Big Ice MAn...like Baddspellahl4 said...he can CONTROL and manipulate ice and stuff....so yeeh...i think sub-zero is outmatched

mr.smiley
iceman transformed into a giant and beat those chinese guardian immortal dudes.sub zero might be able to out fight iceman but all out sub zero totaly gets his ass whupped

Kontraz
sub-zero is immortal for right now.... i dont think iceman can deal with one who is prophesized to kill gods....

The Flash
I'm gonna go with Iceman on this one.

mr.smiley
yeah iceman has way too much dominon over the whole power thing.
sure zeros tough but iceman can totaly manipulate his body to pretty much damn near any size he wants to.

terror_child3
Sub Zero can teleport now, he's got weapons now thats a good thing... oh and uhmm..... HE IS PROPHESIZED TO KILL GODS! so what if sub zero's ice powers arent effective against ice man, with his upgrades he dosent realy need them to kill people.

Kontraz
So iceman can get really big.... i still dont see how that's going to pose much of a problem for an immortal. Not to mention he is the grandmaster of the lin qui, the most feared ninja clan in history.

mr.smiley
oh the x men beat the freakin eight chinese immortals.and immortal doesn't mean unbeatable.a shit load of the immortals fused together and iceman beat the shit out of them even when the juggernaut couldn't.yeah just can't shrug off the fact he can grow to unbelivable sizes.
sub zeros weapons become useless.

Kontraz
not really, after all.. ice can be shattered, can it not?

terror_child3
OK wait one friggin second.... since when did the x-men ever battle the eight immortals?? certainly not the Mk immortals..... and just cause you can increase your size dosent mean weapons hurt any less, zero'd just have to put the blade in a better spot, which isnt hard for him to do.

mr.smiley
issue 158 when they found the other xorn.
ice man was shattered when the devil in his minions battled the x men but iceman absorbed the moisture within their bodies to and regain his form.if iceman can beat chinese immortals and the devils minions then yeah he takes zero

terror_child3
I dont know almost every hero with the exeption of the punisher can beat the devil's minions.... though that is impressive

ayjay
i dun get it....how can sub zero kill gods? all he does is shoot ice....pretty pansy gods if u ask me...

SpyCspider
heh...yea...like i've mentioned before in other MK vs. threads, the gods aren't really that "godly." They always have to fight in a mortal's level in order for it to be fair. OR it may be that's just how high their level of fighting goes.

Iceman's got a better arsenal of ice powers, meaning he can form, manipulate, defend himself with ice however he wants. That's why he's Iceman cool

Subzero's got greater martial arts skills through his experiences as a warrior. And he kills with ease. But you don't see him doing half of the icey stuff Bobby can do...gliding on ice, forming columns, doing cataclysmic things with ice. For Subs, I see the martial arts ninja first...then I notice that he has ice powers. Other way around with Iceman.

Again, I think it's kind of a weird match up like many of the other MK threads, but nonetheless interesting.

Ice powers: Bobby takes it
Better hand-hand warrior: Subs

Winner: Bobby, because you don't have to be a better martial arts fighter to win. Superman doens't know martial arts because he doesn't need to.

P.S. Any warrior in MK seems to have undergone death, soul floating around, and then resurrection. I personally think making them immortal is only fitting for the MK universe because besides allowing more games to be made, it makes the character seem more badass.

jinzin
Well i still stand that sub-zero takes this, Maybe the Gods aren't that "godly" but who are we to say? Maybe, it's just that the "chosen" warriors of MK are above and beyond anything conventionally "human". All I know is that in 10 out of 10 universes god's are something not to be ****ed with, If Subs took down Gods when he was "normal" I'm fully confident he could beat iceman.
Iceman's powers really seem to fluctuate from comic to comic, I'm fully aware of how uber powerful his character has become in recent history, but if he's so powerful how come he had trouble fighting a rock monster wolverine? honestly. I guess it all depends on who's special it is and who's mking the guest appearance.

srankmissingnin
What are some of Sub-Zero's impressive feats? I'll I know is that the characters don't have many impressive techs in the battles... compared to comics anyway.

Kontraz
and this is a comic forum, is it not smile

Kontraz
which gods arent that godly? Raiden? that pansy wind god? Blaze? Oh yeah, if forgot... THOSE ARE LESSER GODS!!!! Maybe there is a reason they arent that godly, and thats the fact that they arent even on par with the average gods. Now, sub-zero is actually supposed to kill the ELDER GODS. You know, basically the "real" god (if you believe in him), only split into 5 or so different beings.

ayjay
yeeh okay...i'll buy that...but if 'gods' like CREATE worlds and crap...and can manipulate crap...i just dun see how a lil nija that freezes things is gonna stop them...he must have more than just ice and martial arts....think about it...GODS....thats like saying....yeeh...sub zero could take down the Living Tribunal...pssh

Kontraz
Well, he is capable of doing pretty much anything ice man can (except grow in size, i have no idea where that came from....) plus he is the grandmaster of his ninja clan, he has the dragon medallion which increases his power incredibly, and he has his armor, which gives him the power of all his ancestors. He was able to defeat an entire legion of half-dragon, half-demon warriors WITHOUT using any of his "powers".

mr.smiley
aren't the elder gods gods of elements.
the only ones i know of are fire and air and shit.

terror_child3
there's fire, air, and water.... those are the only three i know... unless you count what happend in the movies in which case Raiden is also an elder god....(man the special effects in that movie sucked)

SpyCspider
uh...yea, tha'ts wut i'm saying, dude. I'm saying if he could beat those ELDER GODS, maybe they're not that godly compared to MU's godly characters...exactly my point. I never mentioned Subz defeating Raiden, Fujin, Blaze, etc. And the Elder Gods were different from the ONE BEING you're talking about. The One Being ruled all and fed off the Elders before the Elders took the 6 Kamidogu and smashed his consciousness into 6 major realms.

MK and Marvel work on different levels. Amusing, but hard to compare. You can't compare an Elder God to let's say the Living Tribunal cuz in the MU, the Living Tribunal would blink Shinnok or any of the Elders out of existence, which they never demonstrated in MKU.

Like I mentioned before, Subs is a ninja first, then a warrior who perfected ice powers. It's not like he relies on ice to be his most formidable weapon. That's why Bobby can take him, IMO cuz his powers amp up his ice powers incredibly.

But Sub-zero can't die, right? Who cares...Bobby can beat him in one fight even if he can come back as many times as he wants after he's beaten. Just cuz you're immortal doens't mean you can't be beaten. Azrael as Bats kicked Bane's ass but it didn't mean Bane died.

mr.smiley
exactly

SpyCspider
eeheh don't get me wrong. Subz is still my favorite character in MK. I've been playing Deception nonstop for the past week...trying to unlock everyone.

I feel bad for Shujinko.

GRRR...I dind't know you can unlock several characters like Kung Lao, Onaga, etc with a Gameshark or tweek it with an Xbox. sad

mr.smiley
how do you unlock dark raiden

muffin man
bobby he can create shields with his ice

Havoc470
i'll use the mortal kombat movie as reference....iceman wins

K3VIL
Assuming that with his new suit, the medallion and the mastery over his ice powers and the powers of his ancestor, Sub-Zero can defeat Ice-Man after a run for his money.Elder Gods of MK Universe are like Zeus or Odin, and if Sub-Zero can take them he obviously can take Ice-Man.

Havoc470
iceman wont be able to die, he'd end up sucking the moisture right out of subzero, so he's pretty much undefeatable by another ice-wielder

terror_child3
there's one problem with that idea there Havoc470... Sub Zero has no moisture in him, its all frosted away.
oh and one more thing.... Sub Zero wins, ninja beats overpowered tean icicle. discussion over. i hate u muffin man(your arguments are weak and pointless)

Kontraz
i wasn't talking about the One Being, i was trying to put the power of the Elder gods in context so that people who werent familiar with them would understand how powerful they are, by saying its like the christian god, but split into a few seperate entities.

and yes, IF bobby can manage to beat him (not kill him) that still counts as a win. My question is... how? I mean, anything he does with ice isnt going to work against subs (though the reverse is also true), so i'm guessing its going to be more of a hand-to-hand, in which case subs wins.

mr.smiley
but where zero can't manipulate his body iceman can.
and it's not like zero can kill iceman by hitting any of his vital organs cause iceman don't have any

Kontraz
umm... yes, subzero can... ROFLMAO! why do you think his arms are entirely frozen while fighting (sometimes)? How does he freeze his body, then leap out of its icy "shell'? to produce a decoy? Yes, he CAN manipulate his body, and even "ice up". Hell, he can even turn into a polarbear. And like i said before, ice can be shattered. All zero needs to do is shatter iceman's body...

srankmissingnin
In the game the characters are messed up by falling on spike pits and various other versions of spikes... and other stuff that wouldn't phase like 60% of the marvel universe.

Hasn't Iceman survived his head being severed?

Kontraz
yeah, but that's also the game. I mean, keep in mind, these fights are all supposed to be to the DEATH, yet the characters are able to survive through multiple games.

Havoc470
you just supported my argument, if ice is anywhere around iceman he could suck it right up, he survived being blasted into dust by prosh and just re-materialized like nothing....sure sub-zero may not have the moisture but if he has ice in his body like you just explained, all the more reason for iceman to win

not to mention that there would obviously be moisture in the air which iceman can use easily to materialize........he cant be killed by sub-zero

iceman wins, muffin man is cool

srankmissingnin
True enough, my knowledge of Mortal Kombat is lacking at best... but I want Iceman to win.

Kontraz
you do realize that subzero absorbs moisture from the air, as well as ice..... right?

hotsauce6548
I definetly think Iceman takes this one.

More powers over ice, that's all he would need in a battle.

Kontraz
yeah, but sub-zero is 1) immune to ice and 2) now that he has the dragon medallion and his spiffy new armor, i wouldnt say that iceman has more power over ice.... i mean, other than change his body size (NOT ice up... subs can do that) what can iceman do that he cant?

Havoc470
alright, so basically they've made him so strong that theres no reason for mortal kombat to go on....everything that was good in videogames has now turned into MTV-anime bullsh*t, what next korn and limp bizkit doing their voices?

iceman can control any form of water, from moisture to ice, before when MK was actually a good license there was a way to kill sub-zero (although you could kill the recent one in the games -_-)

i dont know how he could be immune to a million ice-daggers piercing his body, is his body still made of meat, i mean his arms look human.....unless its some sort of "ice-meat" or some bull.....which im sure will be explored in mk deception 3 EX-4523

Kontraz
well... if someone was to come at him with ice daggers, he could manipulate the ice. What are you complaining about, ice man could do the same thing! And yes, he still is flesh and blood on the inside, but he can "ice up" to an extent (he doesnt do his full body, just where he needs to) And yes, there was a way to kill sub-zero... it was a game. just like there is a way to kill wolverine in the x-men games.... And even in the first game(s), subs coudl control water and ice. I mean, he doesnt just generate the ice. He draws it from moisture in the air. Thats why you always see the ice "collect" from around him before he launches any ice attacks.

jinzin
Why are we still arguing this, Subzero kills gods/ iceman can't take a rock-monster wolverine/ subzero wins. end of story right? but noooooo, now that sub-zero has the power to take out iceman, it doesn't count cause, "everything that was good in videogames has now turned into MTV-anime bullsh*t" man that is such a load of crap, it's not like marvel is producing top of the line artwork/stroylines in all their titles man, as if they haven't made their characters absurdly stronger than they should be, (cough*secret*cough*wars). I don't care what universe you live in Gods are not to be ****ed with.
sure everyone thinks all he is, is a ninja that shoots ice, so how can he beat gods, well, he's a vastly superior ninja to the rest of his "master ninja" clan. He's no normal ninja, and yet even his weaker incarnation was sent to assassinate a sourcerer supremely more powerful than he himself.
We can all admit that batman has beaten and beaten his fare share of impossible situations/foes, and yet most peeps don't complain cause they know the character, they know how intelligent he is, how resourceful, how strong in character, and just straight-up badass he is. Just because subzero doesn't have 60+years of history, several running comic titles, and a heap of merhandise, we aren't that familiar with him as a character like we are with bats, Who are you to say he's just a ninja with ice, honestly we don't know too much about the man himself, but what we do know,,,,,,,,he ****s gods up---without his medallion/armor, what makes you think he couldn't beat iceman?

mr.smiley
cause iceman beat the fused immortals

Bardock42
Why is everyone in the Marvel Un iverse becoming a god lately
ok wait Iceman kills everyone no chance to kill him whatsoever, Nate Grey sure Controls reality and whateve, Franklin Richards a 5 year old becomes god sure I can deal with that, Wolverine not killable do whatever you wan, what a nuke no he survives it throw him into the Sun, dude its wlverine he can't die, what about hulk he gets stronger the angrier he gets limitless (shit man and people say DC Characters are overpowered) anyway I don't see anyway how Sub Zero cdould win against Iceman (marvel tends to make their Characters nvincible and almighty) But Sub-Zero is so much cooler anyway.

SpyCspider
I think until we see more footage of Subzero in action with his newly-found capabilities, it's a moot point to argue who's better. Because seriously, I know he defeated the Elder Gods, but HOW? I want specifics of each battle. It's written he's so amped up now with his armor, his medallion, etc. but what kind of skills did he have to employ to defeat such a vast amount of spiritual force? Why couldn't the Elder Gods just snap their fingers and will him out of existence if theyr'e so comparable to Gods of the MU or the Christian God? I believe it's just that...they're NOT comparable. And we're talkin about pre-amped Subzero here.

For instance, I'm envisioning a typical MK fight with Subzero vs. Iceman. As soon as they meet, Iceman would just glide away on ice ledges throwing all sorts of ice-powered weapons at Subz....ice daggers, ice boulders, encase him in an ice ball, ice the ground and make him fall through a hole, etc. Can Subz even keep up with him? He doesn't fly. He doesn't glide, he doesn't even friggin teleport a.la so many other MK fighters. He doesn't make ice boulders, ice cages, anything cataclysmic as we've seen SO FAR. And he always needs to charge up it seems to start using his ice powers (not in the original MK's and i guess Bobby does too.)

Ok, let's say Subz does get to Bobby close up. Bobby's a stain, because Subz will unleash hell on his body. He'll reach in to grab his heart, and pull it out. Neither of them can be damaged by being frozen. IMO, that's the only way he'll be able to do it. Cuz right now, we havn'et seen much of Sub's new abilities...we can defend him all we want but until I see footage of him in action, I find it hard to believe all the things he's done or HE CAN DO. For example, if old Subz could defeat the Elements guarding the amulet, how can he be killed by Scorpion in MK1? Why did he even need to waste his time on humans in a tournament? It's so confusing in so many levels. I think it's just a warm fuzzy feeling that humans can win a battle against supernatural beings with magical powers. That's why the first MK movie was pretty hot....all the humans who won were shown to be as realistic as possible despite the fact they all have magical powers in the games.

HAHA...and yes, SUBZERO is so much cooler in so many ways.

peace

SpyCspider
http://www.alpha-geek.com/2004/12/06/ninjas_killed_my_family

Man, if ninjas killed my family, I'd be hating too. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Haha that is funny dude.

Movie Mogul
Iceman would walk it!

Havoc470
did you not read inbetween the brackets, it said i was just messing around

i think iceman is definitely cooler than sub-zero, mortal kombat (or rather immortal because the sh*tty characters always come back) has just become so stupid, people always like characters who have no weaknesses or dimensions for that matter

sub-zero controlled ice, but was still beatable, now he's gone aqua-man and got some ornamental accesory like a glove, ring, or medallion

but im differing from the topic, sub-zero cant hurt iceman in anyway, and it seems like sub-zero can still be hurt by anyone who has the chance to, so imo iceman would win

mr.smiley
yeah.iceman doesn't even have vital organs to rip out.
subzero couldn't even preform a fatality on iceman

uQifg2WV
Sub zero can flash freeze the water molecules in the air around him to create nearly unbreakable, razor sharp weapons. he's also a master ninja and can avoid most of whats thrown at him.

mr.smiley
we already covered the ice powers.
anything zero can do with ice,iceman can do better

Kontraz
not really.... i havent seen much of anything bobby does that zero can't.

saurabh kanhere
iceman.......sub 0 had been beaten a lotta times

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.