Will Jedi wear clone armor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
In some of the Admittedly EU stuff out lately dealing with the clone wars you see more and more Jedi wearing ether complete Clone Trooper armor or pieces of armor. My question is do you think we will see some of this in ROTS? Some of this stuff is supposed to lead into the new film.

BAILY
I wish they would, but I havent heard any rumors or spoilers dictating this, so I would have to say, no, there wont be any Jedi wearing Clone Armor. But God I wish they would. Obi-Wan looks so much cooler in Armor, and that should be impossible, bc he is so cool to begin with.

darktim1
Obi-wan did in season1 when he went and fought with clone troopers but was'nt wearing it in second season so who knows he could where it in season 3.

Obiwalker08
yeah obiwan will indeed wear armor in the third season of the clone wars

jedijunky1138
But this thread is about ROTS not the clone wars. Will he wear armor in the movie? The clone wars cartoon is supposed to lead into the movie so I think it is possible.

NoFate007
I doubt any major characters will wear armor, but maybe Lucas will sneak it on a few of the random Jedi that are killed

Obiwalker08
i doubt it, the armor looks good in the cartoons but it would be confusing for amature views

jedijunky1138
Amature viewers? I don't think GL is making this movie for just the amature viewers. He is making the movie HIS way.

jedijunky1138
Remember that GL originally had the Storm Troopers yielding light sabers. Maybe he likes the idea.

Obiwalker08
yeah good point

Obiwalker08
although very unlikely, it would be awsome if the clones had lightsabers when they were ordered to turn
*yay for wookie slaughter*evil face

Delfedd
what? thats so weird

bilbofett
Obi in armor? Uh... NO
Pabs has said that the guys who the Clone Wars were pretty much given free liscense to do what they wanted within a particular story arc. The armor on Obi is unique to the cartoon. Period...

Jedi Priestess
Again with the damn cartoon.......guys please PLEASE take this to the EU section, I know you feel it has some bearing on the movie but really it doesnt. no

jedijunky1138
JP did you read the first post? This is not supposed to be a cartoon thread. The others just cant seem to see this. It doesn't need to be moved just brought back on track.

GCG
I have never watched these cartoons but here is my theory, however unlikely:

The only way i would imagine Obi-Wan in armor, is a way to disguise himself as a clone, in order to get away from the Clones who are then under the control of Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. Moving in stealth, but under the clones very noses, he would make it away to safety.

cornponious
I like cartoons.

cornponious (kuntrious kokious maximus)

.:Space Opera:.
ah corn, never cease to amaze...

Boris
I think it would be pretty cool, a bit of armor with some of the robes would look damn good smile

i thought it looked sick in the clone wars cartoon.

Dropkick
Did anyone see Ewan McG in a blue motion-capture suit on the webcam during any of the shooting?

There.

bilbofett
There are scenes where they need a CG Obi, esp the one mentioned in the last post note or Homing Beacon where it talks about a CG Obi jumping through the air & landing with his hood up, when they shot the landing of the jump his hood was down.... There are reasons besides armor for motion capture, Jango was filmed in armor, did you not see the 'Singing in the Rain' outtake?

jedijunky1138
The Jedi are the commanders of the clones......Right? So why would the clones who are expendable have armor and the Jedi who are most definitely not expendable not have armor? There are a lot of things that could happen on the battlefield that even a Jedi couldn't defend him/herself from. I think it would tie in nicely with the original Ralf Mcqarie painting of the Storm Troopers with shields and lightsabers.

GCG
The Jedii have no fear . fear is the path to the dark side.........etc.

as i suggested earlier, it would be cunning for Obi-Wan, or any other Jedi to suit themselves a clone armor once the clones turn against the 'corrupt' Jedi order. hence they could slip past the clones undisturbed.

jedijunky1138
Wearing armor has nothing to do with fear. It has everything to do with tactics and survival. Jedi however omnipotent they may seem are not invincible.

GCG
i'll fetch me coat.......

bilbofett
Ummm, cause they are just THAT good?

jedijunky1138
They are good but not invincible.

and they all have aussie accents......?

bilbofett
this is just silly, Obi does NOT wear armor, wouldnt that kinda take away from his character if nothing else?

no.....

Creechuur
I have to geek out and use the RPG defense here. In a role playing game, a character like a Jedi would not wear armor, as it would inhibit his movement too much and actually give him more penalties than bonuses. A jedi relies on movement and speed, so armor would just be dumb, unless you were one of those jacked up force users like Vader.

Darth Surgent
^^ Darn.

I was just about to say:

Oh, I think we'll see at least one "jedi" wearing armor. wink

Cipher
That was in the cartoon. Lucas won't do something that interesting.....

jedijunky1138
Won't he? Lets just wait and see.

darktim1
Maybe in the cartoon but not in the movie you can see in the teaser trailer he's back to wearing his jedi robe or whatever they call it.

Count Doodoo
Yeah I'd love it if they showed Obi-Wan in armor in ROTS, even if only briefly -- it makes him look more like a knight. It'd provide Hasbro with another cool action figure idea to make also.

Cipher
Seeing Jedi in armor in battle would be cool, but don't hold your breath. I haven't seen or read anything to indicate that this will happen.....

i dont think that theyll release anyhting on that if its in the movie

jedijunky1138
You are assuming that I am speaking of only Obi-Wan. I am talking about any Jedi not just the famous ones.

Red Superfly
Actually, I always wonderred why Jedi KNIGHTS didn't wear armour.

Even nimble Samurai's (imspiration for Obi-Wan and Vader in a new hope remember) wore armour.

Boris
Yeah Why didnt they lol, maybe because their weapons can cut through pretty much anything and they can deflect blastershots, never saw the need stick out tongue

jango fatt
Well i do.

Cipher
I think its highly doubtful we'll see armor-wearing Jedi. It just doesn't seem like something George would do.

mtryder
I think it was OJ Simpson who said that, when he played in the NFL, he always wore the smallest amount of padding possible, since it inhibited his ability to sense his pursuers as they bore down on him. I always figured that one of the things that Force Sensitivity did was enhance this sense, and that with an Armor shell, a Jedi's ability to be acutely aware of his surroundings would be compromised. So, they'd basically be trading their ability to anticipate and dodge/deflect a blaster bolt for a suit of armor that probably wouldn't save them from that same blaster bold either. And, as mentioned before, no armor's going to save you from a lightsaber.
I dunno if this is the real answer, but I think we'd have seen some more Jedi in armor by now if there wasn't some reason for them not to use it, and that seems like the easiest explanation to me.

Creechuur
Yeah, kinda like what I said a page ago, but with more words. big grin

mtryder
Yes and no. You made no mention of the "sixth sense" type deal, of sensing surroundings in some intuitive manner. But yeah, the rest is pretty much what you said, rephrased.

Jedi Priestess
cause they are so damn good they dont need it laughing out loud

jedijunky1138
I know they are good but they are not invincible. Remember in TPM when Anakin said "nobody can kill a Jedi". Qui Gon said "I wish that were so". They can be overwhelmed.

mtryder
And if the quote isn't good enough for you, you could just reference a bit later in the film, where, you know, he's killed wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.