Review : Blade II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
AOTC trailer was attached to this flick too!

anyways..........

Blade II was gross!!! Lots of blood and guts! It was really kewl when the advanced vampires open their mouths and sick their fangs into people!!! and when they open this one vampire up and put some blood in his heart, and all his organs start to move.

The special effects were great, but in some scenes, where lots of intense fighting was involved, they subsituted real actors for computer generated actors.

Let's see what else, Oh, that sexy babe that was on Blade is no longer in the picture. There is no explaination of what's become of her.

All in all, it was a good guy flick. Lots of fighting, blood and guts, intense action all the time.
Better than Blade.
cool

ToMacco
Never saw the first one, and I have no desire at all to see this one.

mechmoggy
I thought that To but my best mucka made me sit and watch the 1st one when it came out on video. Its not half bad, Tex is spot on with the description, "its a guy flick". I think I may struggle to get Mrs.MM to come see Blade II at the cinema but I will go.

Dim
I'm glad you did the review Tex, because I didn't know what to say other than "Oh Maaaaaaaaaaaaan it was gross..gross gross gross..

And those new vampires were just...gross...with the mouth...thingy..ick.

I honestly hid my face in my boyfriend's shoulder about 80% of the time..it was ....gross.

I actually liked the first one better..it was more seductive..not just sick blood and guts and weird mouth things..

finti
so in other words you actually havent seen it yet cool

Dim
I saw all of it that I want to!..thank you very much..

mechmoggy
Did you dribble or wipe your hooter on his shirt at all, cus I personally wouldn't stand for that. stick out tongue

Raz
Wow, you have such high standards mech! laughing out loud

mechmoggy
Ooooh yes, only classy chicks for me. wink

Texas
Speaking of classy chicks, I thought the head vampires daughter was a foxy babe!!! She was nice and all respectable like! It was sweet at the end when she asks blade to show her the sun and she dies and flakes away in Blades arms!
That was sooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!
*crys*
big grin

FLIPMODE
Blade 2!!
This is the greatest Comic book movie ever made. I urge everyone to go see this movie. I had so much fun last night, and the crowd was simply amazed by everything in the movie, they were Very into it.

The Special effects were off the charts, because they looked very natural and realistic looking, it did not look goofy, no silly wire-fu. It was mostly real fighting. And for the scenes with special effects, they went beyond what anyone has done to date. The Camera Angles were done better than anything. And editing was seemless. This guy Novak at the End, is doing some INCREDIBLE moves on Blade. That's All I'll say. You'll probably jump out of your seat.

This will definitly be the standard of all comic book movies come to life, from here on. And even some of the techniques used in this film are being used in otheres, but so far, this looks way better. They should really study thiss film, before they do another comic book movie, the camera movement, and right down to the bone crunching Fighting Technique Blade uses is perfect, and flows well, with no flaws. The fighting that Blade does is very brutal, and fast, and at some parts makes jackie chan look like a wimp. The sword fighting was amazing as well.

Once again once you combined all that wth this new camera style, you will be amazed.

Texas
You know what was really gross? That part when Blade is with the pure blood vampires hunting the advanced vampires in that house, and the not pure blood vampires are partying and dancing, and they are cutting themselves open and eating their flesh!!!!That was sooooo grosss!!!! Made me laugh!!! eek! rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Sounds like a family picture.

Texas
You should see it!
It was more gorry than Alien IV! eek!

ToMacco
Well, if you think it's that good, then I will. But if it's bad, it's gonna be your ass! evil face

P.S. Alien 4 sucked, don't you think?

Texas
Yeah, Alien IV was horrible!
But it was the most gorry movie I have ever seen, untill Blade II came along that is.
You should go see it!
I'm gonna see it again Thursday! cool

ToMacco
It's too bad, because the other three Alien movies were pretty good.

Texas
Alien I was groundbreaking!
Aliens was kick ass awesome!
Alien III was gloomy and pointless
Alien IV was roll eyes (sarcastic)

I wouldn't mind seeing a Blade III, but I think that would be pushing it.

ToMacco
I think the first Blade is pushing it evil face

Machine
*pointless and inappropriate remark deleted by Dim*

Dim
In alot of ways Blade II is nothing like Blade...very different feeling.

Texas
Yeah, Blade had a sorry villan who wasn't very scary. It was also a little lighter and not very atmospheric. Blade II on the otherhand has a really scarry villan, lots of atmosphere, and it's plain gross! The way the director follows the comic book format is quite amazing.

The more I think about it, the more I like Blade II. cool

Dim
eh..it was just gross.

Texas
Yup!
It was nasty!
But I think that's what makes it so charming!
I think it's the best comic book related movie ever made!

I also read in a Yahoo article that Wesley Snipes would be very willing to make a third installment!

I would definately see it, if the same director returned!
It's a fun movie to watch
Sure its stupid and gross, but you get your $8.50 worth!........
and you got to grab all over your boyfriend watching it,
so I'm sure you got your moneys worth too! big grin

mah
well the critics has absolutely slaughtered this one, but I dont know cause I havent seen it yet.

Texas
I wouldn't say slaughtered, it was more of a 50/50 consensus.
But dont ever listen to critics, pick a critic that you more or less agree with, that's what I do.
Cause most critics only like movies with old British people in them! big grin

Zed
I might be going away from the concensus of this forum, I didnt think it was that gory, and I thought it was a melodramatic at times.

Though I loved the action sequences by the fantastic Donnie Yen, comparable with more well known Jet Li.

Altougth the movie overall was very enjoyable. I dont like the ideas of sequels but I think that this just about pulled it off.

I would give this 6.1/10. (Only for the action fanatic)

mechmoggy
I still wanna see it but haven't. I watched "Cannibal Holocaust" today so I'm pretty immune to blood and guts after that.

Raz
Saw it with Zed. I didn't like it AT ALL.

If you like you movies not to have a plausible, or even sense-making plot and non-sensical gore - this is for you!

mechmoggy
Just got back from seeing Blade II and I think it was sooooo cool.

Good points: -

Body slam cool
Scary new breed eek!
Fight scenes throughout smokin'

Bad points: -

Plot was a bit thin roll eyes (sarcastic)
Really lame bit where its so obvious that they're using CGI roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'd give it a scary 7/10.

yerssot
weren't they going to make a trilogy?

Dim
Oh man I hope not..I can't even imagine what the next one would be like.

Texas
Yeah, theres gonna be part III, I'm pretty sure cool

mechmoggy
Top banana. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.