VHS Tapes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
I'm getting rid of all my VHS Tapes and I'm wondering do you guys still watch VHS Tapes or throw them out like me?

Imperial_Samura
I still watch some old VHS tapes, mainly as some of the shows and movies recorded on them aren't available elsewhere, and for the nostalga value.

finti
got a combined vhs/dvd player so I gonna keep my good ol VHS`s

Clovie
it is a memory thingie confused i mean.. like they're making me go back to my childhood eek!

finti
go back???? big grin

Capt_Fantastic
LOL. I feel you on this one.

I still have all my old VHS tapes. Tons of them. The last time I moved I had four garbage bags full of them. I'll keep them as long as I can, but I have started the process of replacing the ones that I watch a lot. My favorite movies, if you will.

Silver Stardust
I still have and watch all my VHS tapes...

My DVD player's broken anyway stick out tongue

Clovie
i wish i could baby

Jackie Malfoy
It is strange because I have more videos then Dvds.I still watch videos but my vcr does not work so I have to watch dvds now instead.And for Christmas I am going to get some dvds so it does not matter.JM

finti
you`re right that post was strange

WindDancer
Most of my adult entertainment is still on VHS. I'll just wait for the transfers before I throw away my VHS collection.

BadKitty
I have some stuff still that I can't get on dvd...but I am planning on pitching everything else...right now most of my VHS tapes are sitting in a box collecting dust

SlipknoT
V...H...S? confused confused stick out tongue

I only watch DVD's

Ronny
i still watch em

i watched raiders of the lost ark last night eek!

MornGlory
i have a DVD and VHS - combo TV - I still record stuff--- shows that i cant watch -- will still use VHS until I can afford a DVD recorder (or when they become cheaper) or until I get TIVO !

Shaolin Monk
movies that aren't out on DVD are what I watch on VHS still...like Rad and Gotcha. Two of my childhood favorites...both will hopefully be put on DVD in the future...cost mom 67 bux to buy me a used Rad VHS for last Xmas

Mane
I'm trying to replace all my VHS, but there are only a few VHS I watch. Two of which are Episode I and II.

Jackie Malfoy
Finti I was talking about that it was strange that I have more vhs videos then dvds not that my post was strange.JMLOL!

eggmayo
i have way more vhs's simply because there cheaper.
vhs cost about a fifth of a dvd

finti
and I was talking about that your post was strange

Jackie Malfoy
That does not make any sence then?Why do you think my post is strange?JM

Vampy
I got dvd only in my lappy erm

And of course i watch my VHS. I record all ER episodes on VHS eek!

Cipher
VHS? Not since last century.......

If you do have a lot of them, why not get a DVD player/recorder and transfer the tapes to DVD?

Afro Cheese
Yeah I still watch vhs tapes. Not often but when I record something or if I go to blockbuster and they are out of dvds.

Shaolin Monk
finally found Gotcha! on DVD...yes!!

Drifter101
i still watch em like show n stuff

Nazgulinthedark
I love all my VHS's. I could never through them out. Expect for lotr, I dont really even like my dvds. erm
but my vhs tapes, though they dont play as good as a dvd, and you have to rewind them, have alot of sentimental value.
i watched rock-a-doodle just today on vhs, they dont even make vhs's of that movie anymore, let alone dvd. And rock-a-doodle was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

ragesRemorse
I cannot find one good reason to watch a vhs tape, ubless you are just nostalgic or you have shows recorded on them. DvD's and players are cheaper than VHS tapes and VHS players. Not to mention to quality. Again, no reason to watch VHS tapes anymore.

by the way, rock-a-doodle-do. Kicks ass. "you gotta crow and you gotta crow now" smile

eggmayo

ragesRemorse
At the height of Vhs popularity. Movies ranged from $12 to $25. Dvd movies range from $8 to 30 considering popularity. Many though can be bought for $10 to $20. Yeah, the prices are basicaly the same, but DvD's are cheaper to produce, this is why there are so many value buys on them all the time. I work at circuit city. Our top of the line Vhs player is $150, the cheapest is $80. Our DvD's range from $300 ( which have Vhs included) all the way to $60.

Darth Surgent
I have a massice VHS collection and a massive DVD collection. Though every new media acquisition these days is in DVD format for me, I see no need to trash what I've collected for a decade.

fi wilson
I'm kind of stuck in my ways a bit. I love DVD's for the new and improved quality but there's some things which need to be on VHS. I've upgraded some of my films to DVD but others I have a kin of fondness for in their inferior quality. 80's horrors for example wouldn't be right without slightly dodgy sound and picture. Kind of makes you feel a bit like a kid again I spose.

Vampy
I want to live in your magical fairy world too...

Scarpa
I dont really watch vhs movies anymore just DVDS

dave123
laughing out loud

i download most of my stuff... so no VHS or DVD's for me big grin

Arsenal
Oh my goodness...you must have a lot of harddrive space.

dave123
160gig on my PC, and 120gig on my xbox - i use my xbox to view them on my TV yes

Scarpa
You must have one Kick@$$ hardrive

ragesRemorse
I remember before DvD players existed. I needed to buy a VHS player, the cheapest i could find was $90. You can purchase a DvD player for $60. DvD's may not be cheaper than Vhs tapes now, but compared to theprices of Vhs tapes before DvD's...yes DvD's are cheaper. It isnt magic, just truth. Sorry if your not old enough to know what the era of Vhs tapes was like, but i am.

Arsenal
You are very wise ragesRemorse.

finti
yeah more or less sums it up

Cipher
VCRs for $80?! They can easily be found for half that......

There's nothing wrong with keeping old tapes, just don't wear them out if you can't find them on DVD (which you should be able to do).

finti
now yes, a couple of years ago you would be very lucky if you did

Cipher
Lots of things were different years ago......

But I thought this was mostly in the present tense?

Digital is the way..... More advanced DVD formats are on the way......

Vampy
Honey, I LIVE in that era. I don't have a DVD player and I'm not going to have one. The majority of people in my country (though the number of them is going down) still use VHS tapes and that ain't going to change in the next dozen of years. It's cheaper.

Linkalicious
i bet it will change before the next dozen years.

DVDs really haven't been THAT popular for all too long. My family had 3 of them before a lot of families even had one.

None of my friends or relatives had them and giving them away as Christmas presents (bought 'em on black friday) was awkward because none of them even had DVDs to play.

When it's time for your country, as a whole, to change over....it will happen fast.

Vampy
we change very slowly nerd

Linkalicious
still using card catalogs for your libraries? blink

Vampy
Bingo, luv!

well... sometimes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.