Tunisa Ben scene: What about his hair/beard?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scorpdrag
Hi guys,

The scene in which Obi-Wan delivers baby Luke to Owen and Beru was filmed during AOTC, but I've never seen anyone mention what Obi-Wan looks like in this scene. When they shot it, did they shorten Ewan's hair and add the greying temples to match what he'll look like in ROTS? Did they even know what Obi-Wan was going to end up looking like for Episode III when they were shooting this scene (it's been YEARS since that scene was shot).

Anyone think we might have a bit of a consistency problem with Ewan looking quite different compared to what he looks like in the rest of ROTS?

cylob49
might have his hood up

Sith Master X
I was wondering the same thing. I heard something about a little CGI along with this scene so maybe they'll be using that to match up his hair.

darthbrowneye
where is that mentioned, i've never heard that? blink

cylob49
if they can add Hayden Christensens head to a 21 year old scene im sure a beard and a mullet trim by cgi aint no problem for ILM

darktim1
He shot back ground plates of the desert in Tunisia I don't know if it had anything to do with obi-wan delivering the baby he did say that he shot that scene so he wouldn't have to go back.

.:Space Opera:.
"(it's been YEARS since that scene was shot)."

yeah like seven....
anyways i dont think itll really matter when we see the movie because we will all still be thinking about all of the bitchin stuff that happened before that scene

darthbrowneye
Ah ha rock

Sith Master X
Bingo. wink

Cowboyography
if there is one thing Lucas can do, and he proves it time and time again, is use CGI roll eyes (sarcastic) sick however he usually uses it for evil!!!!

bilbofett
i've heard several variations on this:

That it was Ewan

That it was an extra

That is was shot as a scene with Obi's back to us

So, who knows?

amity75
Apparently McGregor didn't go to Tunisia for filming so I doubt he'll be involved in the scene.

jedijunky1138
I think its the hood thing. All he has to do is put his hood up and be in a darker atmosphere and there you go a scene that fits in nicely.

bilbofett
True Jedi, but actually Amity is correct

Sith Master X
Maybe the shot just involves Owen and Beru.

i dont really five an F... we'll see when the movie comes out, beard, no beard, CGI, back turned towards us i dont give a fidler's f'n shite about that.

Sith Master X
Not that it really matters to me either, it's just sort of fun to speculate.

sigh, i guess

bilbofett
its basically been confimred that it is supposed to Obi taking luke to Owen (reports are that 'Ben' is holding a small bundle ehich he hands to Owne & Beru) so its pretty clear what the scene is about. Question is, is Ewan gonna be shown in close up before & after this scene & where does it fit within the making of Vader timeline.

Cowboyography
The hooded Kenobi back to us makes sense, they could still shoot new close ups of Ewan and throw in the right backgrounds. But I agree bilbo, is this the final scene of the movie? do we see more Vader after this?
HMMMMM?????

"Question is, is Ewan gonna be shown in close up before & after this scene & where does it fit within the making of Vader timeline."
it would create a good affect by only showing the hood and his back

bilbofett
this is true Space

ooooh, chills...

CBright7831
Actually AOTC was shot in 2000, so it's four years ago.

in the doc he said that we would have to wait six years to see the shot, so next year will be six, watch the behind the scenes stuff.

Xam
Thats what i think man!!!did you see the bonus disc of episode 2??

SMX this is probably true cuz i saw an interview with the guy playing Owen and he said that he had less time in episode 3 that he had in epissode 2 messed

Cipher
Not only does Ewan probably have his hood up but the shots are probably from a distance. Then they could do the close-ups later on.

jango fatt
Yes.

guiro72
yes, it is long distance shot with hood up, of obi carrying bundle towards homestead....the interiors, once he arrives at the homestead, will be shot on sound stage, if there are any....this has been known since before aotc was released....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.