Obi-Wan's Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tlbauerle
Okay...perhaps this is a stupid question...and it probably is:

Obi-Wan lost his saber down the shaft on Naboo. Kicked Maul's ass with Qui-Gon's....but then had his old lightsaber back in AOTC.

First...Explain that to me.

Secondly, in the clone wars cartoons he has that same freakin lightsaber again, but it was taken away from him at the end of AOTC.

What is the DEAL?

tlbauerle
No...seriously What is THE deal?

Darth Subjekt
why does it matter? he prolly re-built it.

Darth Subjekt
look at my sig, theres two lightsabers with OB1's name....

tlbauerle
I'm curious because no one addresses it....and I'm curious what happened to Qui-Gon's saber. Plus why would he rebuild it exactly once, but not twice....as he has a new saber in ROTS.

And it's "probably"

Darth Subjekt
Well thanks for the English lesson here in cyber space jerk-off. And as I said before, look at my sig...he rebuilt it after he lost his. He PROLLY surrendered Qui-Gon's to the Jedi council and they put it somewhere. Much like the do with b-ball players jerseys in their home stadiums.

By the way, if you want to get technical, you don't start a sentence with "and". Also you may want to throw a period on at the end of the sentence. Its called proper punctuation.

tlbauerle
Thanks for answering my question with nothing more than conjecture.

Darth Subjekt
You asked the question, and i answered you with a logical and reasoning explanation. He lost his, so it would stand o reason that he rebuilt his. And why wouldn't they (the jedi council) not hold on to or display Qui-Gon's somewhere in the temple? You wanted to turn it in to 3rd grade english, so i obliged you in your own fashion.

tlbauerle
Dude that's all your opinion....and I am not interested. I was looking for something more official.

I can dream up something too.

Ronny
i wouldn't worry about it, a lot of movies have small little flaws them, such as this. There could have been an explanation, maybe the scene was chopped up a little bit. It doesn't really matter much.

mosh16137
its not that big of a deal its just a lightsaber
even on KotOR all the lightsabers are the same

Darth Subjekt
more official? why would you seek something more official on a open forum? that makes no sense. Dont ask for peoples opinions if you dont want to hear them. And since you want to be such a little smartass....It has been said by LFL, that he re-built his lightsaber after HE LOST HIS FIRST ONE. Do you think he went outside and wished upon a mgic star and then he just had one appear in front of him? And the pic in my sig if a LFL pic, and 2 of the have his name, if thats not official enough, then go give GL some head and have him shoot out an answer as well.

tlbauerle
STFU...

I didn't want opinion.

The cover of Rogue Planet has Obi-Wan using Qui-Gon's saber...
Everyone on the planet thought that was cool.
So then he rebuilt his old one. FINE....I wanted to know what happened to Qui-Gon's. Its something no one can answer...

Secondly, continuity error between AOTC and CW aside, If Obi-Wan rebuilt his old saber exactly once, why did he change the design for the saber he has in ROTS? Its just a frickin' question.

And stop referring to your stupid ugly signature. I KNOW HE HAS TWO....That's the point of the whole thread.

Why rebuild the same exact saber once, but not twice?

OB1-adobe
Dude that is borderline "get a life" question. Why don't you ask this guy and I am sure you will get a dumbass answer: supershadow.com

It is a made up fantasy world, There is no real answer. You want answer fine.

Obi-wan has lightsaber insurance and comes with a replacment warranty. It reads: "In the event that your lightsaber becomes stolen, cut in half, or fallen down a long bottomless shaft, feel free to drop by your local jedi Inc. retailer to replace your model."

tlbauerle
And having over 500 posts isn't borderline "get a life?"

OB1-adobe
Woah I do have that many, interesting. Big deal I have friends here and I like talking to them, sue me. Besides, that is relatively small compared to some people and how long ago I signed up. And for your information I have only made six maybe ten posts here in the last month. Sorry, my "no life" has been too busy Graduating College.

Darth Subjekt
And just because someone has 500 posts doesn't mean they don't have a life, it means people actually want to hear what they have to say and that they actually have some intelligent insight to conversations going on.

Ushgarak
Ok ok, calm down, subjekt; there is no call for insults (and please do not bypass the censor).

But tlbauerle, if you are going to ask for explanations, don't be upset just because you get some. Why not simply assume that his sabre from TPM was retrievable? You assume it was 'lost', but no-one knows if that is actually so.

And on the cartoons it is likely either an error, OR, we assume that it was noit destroyed when he was captured in AOTC either.

Darth Subjekt
my to apologies to USHGARAK.......

.::Levi@than::.
taken from thelightsaber.com -

This is Obi-Wan's second Padawan lightsaber. As beautiful and unique as it is, it was thought to have been destroyed in Theed generator shaft during a duel with Darth Maul on Naboo. After defeating Darth Maul, he used the force to retrieve his lightsaber from the 600 foot shaft. 10 years later, Obi Wan was captured on Geonosis and his lightsaber was ordered to be destroyed.

I don't know about the cartoon, they may just have messed it up, or maybe it wasn't destroyed. I hope that answers part of your question anyway.

tlbauerle
Actually...that's perfect. Thanks.

tlbauerle
Yeah...me too.

tlbauerle
I have never been so insulted and offended in my life. Someone should seriously ban you.

Ushgarak
Ok, he's already been warned, we'll leave it there.

tlbauerle
Thanks...

OB1-adobe
So are you going to settle with that answer, even though it looks like some explanation somebody made up at some fan website?

tlbauerle
Fan website?

Aw...crap...I didn't see that....depends on the source....

Pending verification...then no.

Darth Subjekt
that was the point.....and dont step on people like Ush's toes. Dont try to act up after he said something. And dont think that had an affect on me like a 3rd grade student getting yelled at by his teacher. Ush is doing his job, and out of respect for him and his position is why i will stop....not out of fear of discipline. Im a grown ass man, and therefore do as i please, when i please. But since Ush asked me to stop, i will. But dont ever tell me to "STFU" again.

tlbauerle
Dude..just stop.

Ushgarak
Subjekt, I said we were leaving it there, quite clearly. Don't bring this into the threads again.

Darth Subjekt
ooooohhhhhh, yes kimosabi...well then close this thread so no more of this happens. If hi-speed over there wont take anyones thoughts, then it kinda makes this thread pointless.

tlbauerle
Still won't stop?

Darth Subjekt
first off, no ones wasting their breath on you anymore. Im talking to to Ush, saying to close this pointless thread. So quit while youre ahead. Ush, close the thread.

tlbauerle
Dude, this thread is for asking a question that doesn't have a decent answer...that being the case, its not anymore pointless than 90% of the crap on this and other boards. If you don't like it, stop posting in the thread.

Darth Subjekt
if it doesnt have a decent answer, then why keep it open? You dont want to listen to anyone, soagain....why keep it open? And since 90% of the threads ARE crap...i dont post in them. I post here, because you asked a question, i gave you a very logical answer, you insulted me and tried to further insult me by talking about my sig, that I didnt even make, like it would hurt my feelings or something. I'm trying to save you the embarassment that you WILL receive if you keep taunting me without reason. Im asking Ush to close this thread because it is in fact pointless, will do nothing more than create more fights and arguments, and will result in more hurt feelings....not on my part mind you. So Ush...you all have closed better threads than this, do us all a favor and kill this one.

tlbauerle
I'm not the one taunting. Please stop.

Darth Subjekt
I DID STOP!!! im asking Ush, not you, to closethis thread before you get offended again. If YOU dont like it, than why dont YOU stop posting here? So until your name is Ush, STFU and stay out of it and keep my name out of your mouth and out of your head. If you shut up, then ill leave you alone. So YOU stop. This is why i want this closed, cause youre gonna start crying again, and i dont want to hear it. Ush,please close.

tlbauerle
Hey Mike...you're a jackass...don't call me again.

tlbauerle
You work at a Radioshack...don't you

Darth Subjekt
what the hell are you talking about? First off my name isnt mike. I wouldnt call you for any reason what so ever. And no i dont work at F*cking radioshack. How the hell would i call you?

Ushgarak
Geez... could both of you stop posting in this thread, thanks? I don't care who started it now, you are both out of order and if this carries on then further action might have to be tkaeb.

This ends now.

Darth Subjekt
well i asked you at least 5 times to close this thread thats not even on topic anymore and you ignored me. Maybe ill act like a little whinney brat next time and youll come to my defense too.

tlbauerle
Then I apologize, both my wife and I received harrassing calls and we are both trying to find out who it was. I don't have any other people tweaking me right now. I'm sorry, but I was trying to rule out people.

Darth Subjekt
im sorry to hear that. That would piss me off too. But no i did not call you. As much as i dont like you on here, i wouldnt take it past HERE. And really its not because of our difference of opinion, its just the way it we went about it.

tlbauerle
Alright..apology all around.

Lets move past it...what's your name, man?

Darth Subjekt
Bryan,...id ask you but i already know......Todd, right?

Darth Subjekt
so......whats new with you now? Let me ask you, how come youre only on this section, and none of the other ones?

Darth Subjekt
oh and i apolagize for insulting your religion and mentioning your wife. While it was a good battle stratagy, it was a little out of line.

Darth Subjekt
ok.....i guess you didnt find what you were looking for.

MornGlory
I love your sig..in_love

will you marry me in_love

Darth Subjekt
who's mine?

lets do it..get married that is. smile

tlbauerle
Sorry...I've been busy with stuff. Haven't been around since I shared some webdoc links the other day. What am I up to? Preparing for Christmas....and preparing and preparing.

OB1-adobe
Dark Helmet- "Preparing, your always preparing just go!"

DevilDoll
Darth Subjekt wrote:

first off, no ones wasting their breath on you anymore. Im talking to to Ush, saying to close this pointless thread. So quit while youre ahead. Ush, close the thread.
You can't just waste your breath on someone on this.
All you can do in this is waste your fingers big grin

P.S: This is not an insult just a funny thing

Darth Subjekt
lol, i know its cool, thats just the way the saying goes so thas the way it came out.
I was waiting for someone to say that. stick out tongue

mike_kenobi
the reason that obi-wan does not rebild it in ROTS(episode III) is that in episode 4 he has a the saber from ROTS. likewise anakin has the same saber that luke is given in IV. all the things in ROTS ties in to ANH(IV).

Ben-Kenobi
lol In other words what mike kenobi is trying to say is that when obi-wan was granted the rank of jedi master and placed on the council he had to make another light saber, which is most common amoung jedi as you all know like mace had the darth maul type of hilt saber in ep 1 then in ep 2 he had that shiney custom golden 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.