Do You Believe That Earth Will End Soon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dazzler619
This scares me b/c the bible always tells us that the world would burn soon and mostly everyone will go to hell since we are sinners. What do you think of this?

Ronny
the bible told usthe world will burn soon blink

the bible is 2000 or some years old What the f**k?

MC Mike
Yes the world will end very soon in universal terms. Global Warming can no longer be considered a theory. Pick up the new "Discover" issue. Read it a bit.

Imperial_Samura
Yes, there are many things which could conceivably end the world in a timely fashion soon, although I don't think many, if any, are biblical. Still, I see no reason it should end for at least a few years yet. The sun has another few millions years at least, global warming is serious and needs to be addressed, but is unlikely to kill us soon, no meteors approaching that I know of, reduced threat of nuclear Armageddon... if for no other reason then I doubt Bush can remember his set of launch codes...

SlipknoT
The earth wont end in our life time

Cipher
No, I don't believe it will. I do think that stuff was put in there to scare people into following other people's beliefs.........

If the world were to end tommorrow, there's nothing you could do. Why waste your time and energy worrying about abstract things that are beyond your control anyway?

travesty87
Maybe in the next 80 or so years.
Nostrdamus predicted it and all his other predictions came true.
It's really creepy.

Arsenal
Not if I have anything to do with it.

Cipher
Nostradamus has never been proven to have predicted anything, no offense. Its always been someone explaining how some random quatrain referred to some event that just happened.......

Evil Dead
1. no. there is no immediate threat to our planet. Global warming may lead to a bit rougher climate a few hundred years from now but effects us none.

2. Don't believe anything you read from a book that is a complilation of stories that are 2000 years old, written by what we would consider today primitive people.........those without basic knowledge that even the dumbest of us today know and use. What's next.......the earth is only 6,000 years old? Dinosaurs never existed?

wrong on all counts. Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read today. Nostradamus predicted nothing.......he wrote gibberish riddles without fact or substance. These have only been warped to fit occurances after they have occured........which is the opposite of "predicting".

shaber
Has anyone heard of that effect whereby once the ecosystem has sustained a certain amount of damage there is a sudden and massive deterioration? The way the environment is being abused might hasten the process of the Earth becoming uinhabitable for primates, then the cockroaches will take over; if that's of any interest erm

WindDancer
Do you believe that earth will end soon?

I sincerely hope so (YES, I'm serious). My only regret is that I won't live long enough to see it happen.

As for the Nostradamus thing........He was a Phony!

Jackie Malfoy
This because something is that old does not mean that is not right.Anyway I doubt it that the world will end soon.But then again we will never know.JM

frodo34x
If your taking it from a biblical point of view, we will never know when the world will end.

(I heard somewhere that it won't end till everyone has heard about christianity)

Clovie
it can end anytime.
and i don't really care
it ends now. it ends now. all.

Filth
Err... your wrong there, remember George Bush IS still in power LOL

Evil Dead
Is does if it was written without knowledge. The bible attempted to explain everything from the beginning of the Universe to the end of our planet.........yet the people who wrote it didn't even have the most basic knowledge of physics. They knew absolutely nothing about the universe.......so they just made up stuff in attempt to explain what they didn't know.

immediate threat to our PLANET........not to terrorists and oppresive dictators.

WindDancer
Nice put Clovie. thumb up

Bardock42
It may end one day after I died, that would be fine with me.

jango fatt
why would it;

ash007
indeed my friend i agree smile

The Omega

monkeyspoon
yes but in about 150 years we will over populate the planet and die out unless they force a law limiting the amount of children we have.

Imperial_Samura
Depends, in a lot of western countries the birth rate is actually decreasing, and on a down ward slope. In all likely hood it will lead to the world experiencing mass migrations of never before seen magnitude.

monkeyspoon
yes but every generation the population doubles.

GCG
Our problem is that with all our advanced strides in medicine, we have lenghtened life expectancy.

this is why we create conflict amongst ourselves - we have also successfully created AIDS, which kills so many people yearly and we are currently planning the 3rd world war to which we may lessen our popoluce in order to give our children a better future.

eleveninches
THe world doesnt have an 'end'. It's a shpere. Its round. YOu arn't going to fall of the end of the earth, because the earth is not flat.

Bardock42
ah yes
and I didn't say it would end one day after I die
I said it may end in the meaning I don' care or allow it to end)

Scarpa
I dont worry about doomsday I think earth humans will exist for at least another 2000 years

Lord_Andres
2000 years?, well I picture the world in 2000 years to be just a waste land no waters or anything, I dont know, I just think that an atomicbomb war will start eventurly, well I dont know, I dont read any dicover magazines, or watch discovery, but I do know it'l end sooner or later

manny321
i think if it does it will be our fault. A matter of life we may never forgive oursleves for. Well you know what i am going to say after but there is a hope!!! or is there!!! (tension music) !!!!

MornGlory
i like your sig ^^

accident2

FeceMan
If it does end...well, things will be simpler. 'Cause we'll all be dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.