best comic book adaptation!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spike Eccles
for my money, it is still the original Superman the movie way back in 1978. admittedly, the effects have improved, but the execution of such a famous character has yet to be beaten. a close second to this would be sam raimi's spiderman 2, with b singer's x-men 2 as a third place runner-up, but what else matches such heavyweights?

batman and robin?....uh, no!

blade....um....nope!

daredevil!....choke, gasp, splutter!!!

darkman...close, but no cigar!!

any takers????

any comic strip favourites out there?????

TheFilmProphet
Actually Blade was a very good adaption in my oppinion.

There is more than one for me, but just to mention a few, Spider-Man, Superman, The Punisher, Blade, etc.

Scarpa
Either Daredevil or the Punisher

Cinemaddiction
I don't read comics, so I can't really compare and contrast, but I think that the "Blade" (save "Trinity"wink, "X-Men" and "Spider-Man" franchises have all been really well done, production wise.

MildPossession
Hellboy was quite close to the comics apparently, more than other comic adaptions. But then I wouldn't know because, like Cine, I don't read comics.

Darth_Big_Boy
Spiderman gets my vote.

Dr. Strangelove
My pick is X-Men mostly because Hugh Jackman has played Wolverine perfectly.

SlipknoT
X-Men

pr1983
spiderman 1&2, blade 1&2, x-men 1, superman 1&2, batman 1&2, and hellboy wasnt bad...

<<Solo>>
Those are easily the worst comic book adaptations I have ever seen.
Anyways the Spider-Man franchise and Batman 1&2 are the best comic book adaptations out yet,IMO.

ragesRemorse
The closest would probably be "the crow", but seeing how that was a kind of novel comic i guess it doesnt count that much. However, i would have to say that eigther batman or hellboy did the best in recreating the atmosphere as well as the characters from the comics. I know the original batman diddnt delve to much into details, but i think that is what was so brilliant about it. Burton took the essence of batman, and mixed the character and city so well with his own vision which worked out as a comic book in motion. I think Hellboy was so good, because the details seemed to be the focus of the flick, as well as the characters.

Spiderman , and X-men are also great examples of a good comic book adaptation. Truthfully, i dont think X-men could have been done any other way, and hold so colse to the comics. Spiderman, could have been done differently, but i dont think any other way would have created such relation of film. These two titles could arguably at the top of the best comic list, but i think Hellboy ,and batman did the best jobs at capturing the characters as well as the atmosphere so caringly.

I see many people are saying punisher or daredevil, i just want to know...How? I mean for daredevil being the man without fear, the movie seemed offal scared to take risks rather than trying to stick to formula. For the Punisher being such a wicked, badass vigalante, i missed the part in the movie that expressed this. I think the original punisher did a far better job at recreating the comic, and we all know how bad that was.

Jackie Malfoy
I don't like superman.I like batman through.To me that is the best comic book made into a movie!JM

Cinemaddiction
The casting in the original "Batman", atleast Michael Keaton, was all wrong. In addition, Harvey Dent going from white to black didn't help, either.

moviejunkie23
if micheal jackson can go from black to white why can't harvey dent???
hehe jk
for comic book adaptations keep an eye out for Sin City, its based off of a frank miller series and it involves allot of craziness!! Rodregiuz the guy that did Once upon a time in Mexico and dusk till dawn and Desperado is directing this along with Frank Miller and Quintin T of all people will be directing a dream sequence. Check out the trailor it looks like it will be too sweet!!

as for my fav comic book movie???
I will name a few
Crow
Batman 1 and 2 (I read the script for 5 its going to rock!!!)
Road to Perdition (yes it is based off a graphic novel)
Spider Man 2
X men 1 and 2
Blade 1

Imperial_Samura
The old Batmen are great, if only for the comic value. It was a good thing Batman had a can of that shark repellent in his belt....

But yes, Hellboy, X-Men and Spiderman are all good examples of comic adoption's done right. Personally I didn't particularly like the Punisher, and the last couple of Batman movie have been a bit of a let down (every body, FreezE!), although I am interested in the new Superman movie they are supposedly going to make.

Dazzler619
SM1
Superman 1
DD
X1 and X2
Blade

Spawnie
The Crow was the best, and I don't care how u cut it. That first Crow film captured it all.

Batman - Burton is a genius, plain and simple. This movie was fantastic, and for me it never gets old.

Blade - Great stuff people, very entertaining, and very comic like.

Hellboy - This movie surprised me, and I think that I love it more each time I see it.

There were too mant things that were changed in the Xmen and DD that I can't stand. The core attitude of some of the characters was changed, and some of them didn't have their usual abilities. I like to see X men and Xmen2 and DD but not as much as I wanna see Blade or Hellboy.

Napalm
And the hulk

Bardock42
You got a weird taste Napalm, actually all you said I would say were the worst. Hellboy sucked too. I liked Spiderman and X-Men. Superman was decent. Batman Begins is gonna kick ass hopefully.

radioboy121
I enjoyed the Shadow.

ayjay
imo...x-men 1 n 2 are at da top of my list...with spider-man 1 n 2 and blade trilogy commin second....(i never read the blade comics though...so i'm not sure...i just know dey were kool movies)...umm...then probably batman 1 and 2....da rest kinda sucked...but i hear batman begins is gonna be tyt....DD was okay for me..i enjoyed it.....

Wolfie
X2 and Punisher, IMO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.