Magneto vs Apocalypes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
Two of the Xmen biggest enemies going head to head. Who'd win?

Capt_Fantastic
Magneto

mr.smiley
magnetos already killed him once so i would go with magneto unless apocalypes has some major upgrades

Molecule man
Magneto all the way

norrin radd
in the past probably apoc, but now, i vote on magneto.

JuggernautFan
i vote on apoc... period.

theflyxx
Definitely Magneto.

Cosmo Kramer
Magneto in one fight he simply ripped Apocalypse open!

Nathaniel Grey
Apocalypse possess extensive psionic abilities as well as super speed, strength, endurance, agility and over all skill. Magneto as powerful as he is just doesn't measure up to the extent of power that Apocalypse wields. He'd been one of the longest living and most powerful mutants known and that wasn't because he was just pretty to look at. He's the ultimate survivor and would literally crush Magneto in the palm of his hands without Magnus' knowledge. In their past encounters Magneto never stood a chance against the unparalleled genius that was En Sabah Nur and no one else did either. When did Magneto ever beat Apocalypse? AOA? Ha. That doesn't even count.

The only person who was able and did kill Apocalypse off for good was the man destine to do so. Cable. I vote Apocalypse. He's smarter, stronger and more durable than Magneto ever was.

Molecule man
Apoc. is so overrated, the oldest mutant doesn't mean that he is the most powerful. Besides without the celestial tech. he would be a nobody

JuggernautFan
actually i like the original apocalypse much better than the "celestial tech" version you are trying to speak of. nobody knows for sure that he did testing on himself with it...

he is a trained warrior, and can manipulate energies on atleast a scale on par with magneto... so apoc is a better warrior, STRONGER, and can manipulate energies just as good...

i think apoc takes it.

Molecule man
But Magneto is a warrior too and he will let nothing stop him from reaching his goal not even Apoc.

SarKastic_OJ
Magneto would lose, I mean apocalypse is just on another level than Magnus, I mean I'm not going to use a video game as credentials but on the SF crossover games apocalypse was the "last" villain while Magneto was just a mere fighter on the game..Apocalypse has this "all powereful" persona and can't be beaten by mere brute force, only time has proven the hinderance to stopping Apocalypse...Magneto has trouble with plastic sentinels, Apoc could take out an entire fleet of sentinels bar none....

Now the X-men and Magneto might compare to Apoc's power but I still can't see them defeating him off of mere power alone...His body is indestructable, while he could take "Alot" of Magnus's attacks I feel Magneto could not take "one good" attack from Apoc, and believe me Apoc will land an attack..Magneto is mutant BUT flesh and blood and one good hard shot from Apoc is going to literally "kill him"..Unless Magneto can go this entire fight without being touched by one of Marvels MOST POWERFUL mutants(which he WILL NOT!!) then he will be beaten easily..

crazyspinz
this fight happened, i have the comic, apoc won.

and mags can take much damage, apoc would end him in one hit

JuggernautFan
magneto is far from the warrior apocalypse is wink i dont know where you got that at.

Beyonder
Why not? Magneto ripped him apart. If you're going to say Apocalypse can pull him together, Magnus can rip him apart and disperse him across the world. If you're going to say it's not canon, it is. Legion went back in time and killed Xavier and AOA happened. Magneto with half his regular power defeated Nur. If it wasn't canon, what's with X-Man and Holocaust's existence?

What level? The I'm the first and oldest mutant in the world and my dreamsof world domination has yet to be reliezed? The I'm the terror in the night but afraid to come out of my hole to face my shadow? What's he's done to show his power? Aside from Marvel's bio on him being the first and or most power, what has he actually done in comics (not games or cartoons) to prove that? Magneto his messed with the magnetic poles of the planet. Being flesh and blood means nothing since Thor, Wonder Man, X-Man, Franklin Richards, etc. are flesh and blood as well. Apocalypse is going to be hitting force fields rather than Magneto himself. Apocalypse hasn't done much with his time on Earth or Celestial to say he can beat Magneto. Aside from his croonies, what has En Sabah Nur his done to prove he's one of the most powerful mutant, more powerful than Magneto?

Wynndar
hmm...what r we talking about? a straight up brawl, or more complex assualts...because both these guys r smart...especially Apoc, who probably already has a plan for beating Mags. But someone brought up a good point mentioning Apoc's superior physiology...In a fight, the speed strength and reflexes would be a big power...although Mags has had widespread demonstrations of his power, like the EM pole thing, I havent seen many profound destructive focused demonstrations...do we know Mags has the destructive power to hurt someone with the physiology and durability of Apoc...
I think its a good and close fight, but Im leaning toward Apoc.

SarKastic_OJ
There's two classes of villains in Marvel universe, villans/super-villans

Magneto: Villan ;Apocalypsemesseduper-villan...

What do you mean being flesh and blood means nothing? Thor prolly could withstand a couple of blows from Apoc just because he has taken blows from The hulk which means he is beyond human vunerability, Magneto on the other hand would be toppled by a very hard blow from a mortal human being..

Magneto's force field can't withstand "extremely" strong attacks for long, if'n the forcefield could then Magneto would be "the" strongest villan of all-time but thats not the case at all..The fact is Apoc will wear down Magneto's shield with his powers.....

JuggernautFan
i'm glad we can be on the same side for once smile

who?-kid
Apocalypse, I think. I never liked the fight between Magneto and Apocalypse in AoA (great series though). Apocalypse is just more powerful, and Magneto is a lousy fighter. Powerful and smart yeah, but so is Apocalypse.

When written right, Apocalypse should win.

Adam_PoE
Apocalypse can arrange the structure of his molecules at will to increase his mass and strength, or assume a different shape or form.

Magneto could potentially limit his ability to do this by manipulating the magnetism between his atoms; Magneto.

Mainstream
Based on my Xmen knowledge, I'm voting on Apoc myself.

Mainstream
Apoc is on a level that Magneto can only dream of. He's tougher, more powerful and will one day rule. It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when.

Mainstream
I agree Magneto is powerful, but Apoc is Power. Let all who doubt him suffer his wraith!

clickclick
No, even if he could withstand Apoc's attacks doesnt mean he would be the strongest villain.

Anyway, he can also go on the offensive while keeping up his forcefield and levitating himself.

SarKastic_OJ
clickclick: Magneto would have to literally, according to your assumption,be absolutely flawless in this actual battle..I mean Magneto is strong and all but you and I both know that he's not going to flawlessly beat Apocalypse, I mean somewhere in the battle Apoc is going to score at least "some kind" of attack, he has his own timeline in the comics for crying out loud(Age of Apocalypse), why make someone so influential and potent to the X-men storyline lose without scoring a single attack?..And like I stated earlier while Magneto could and will score some offensive attacks off of Apoc no doubt about that but that doesn't mean it's enough to stop him, Apoc is just as invulnerable as the hulk or thanos and his body can take all sorts of physical damage, Magneto on the other hand is not invulnerable to attacks and if you get pass that magnetic forcefield then Magneto's body is about as vunerable as gambits or cyclops and if Apoc manages to get "one good" blow on him then it's over, so the point I'm getting at is while Apoc "can" definetly withstand a large amount of Magneto's attacks the same "can't" be said for Magneto, he would have to be perfect in this particular battle and you and I know that Magneto is not gonna score a "perfect" win off of one of Marvel's most powerful mutants..Apoc's energetic blast far exceed any sentinel/Cyclop's optic-like blasts...

They would make this a good battle but this battle is not going to be Magneto uses his forcefield while projecting magnetic-oriented objects at a constantly progressing Apoc, that's too simple and one-sided..Apoc is not that stupid but on the contrary rather "intelligent" in battle he can make his hand a shield and hurl it towards Magneto, Apoc can also make himself grow abnormal heights, I don't mean your average sentinel height but gigantic master mold type stature in which Magneto "can't" manipulate with his Magnetic power..also this increases Apoc's energetic blasts tenfold..That magnetic shield ain't going to last forever in that battle...if that's the case Magneto would never lose a battle in the comics which I'm sure by now he did..Other enemies overcame the magnetic shield factor so I "know" Apocalypse can as well...The X-men + Xavier has toppled Magneto on many occasions but they "never" defeated Apocalypse, the only thing to really stop Apoc is trapping him in time. Have you ever seen Apocalypse physically damaged or beaten to a pulp? No. They have to use clever trickery or some sort of time tablets to rid the world of Apoc...

baddspellahl4
well actually magento and apocalypse have killed eachother various times and with ease. they have blown eachother up smashed eachother and done worse things than that

Beyonder
Age Of Apocalypse wasn't something Apocalypse himself did. Legion killed Xavier, so there wasn't anyone to create the X-Men to oppose Apocalypse and other mutant menace. Additionally, this was before Victor became Doom, Stark became Iron Man, Blake found Mljornir, etc. It wasn't like the Avengers, Alpha Flight, Defenders, etc. were established. It wasn't like his victory was all that successive. And he only conquered America, the rest of the world still belonged to humans.

And what idea would give you that Apocalypse would break through Magnus' force field and that Magneto needs to be perfect in a fight with Apocalypse? This is the guy that has messed with the Earth's magnetic polarities before. What gives you the idea that Apocalypse's power even operates on a planetery level like Magnus can?

Just 'cause Apocalypse can increase his size, it doesn't mean his powers increase as well. What gives you this indication that his power increases ten fold? As for the X-Men only defeated Apocalypse is by trapping him in time, YOU'RE USING THE CARTOON AGAIN AREN'T YOU? eek! Oh boy, this is comic Apocalypse VS. comic Magneto. Cartoon Apocalypse is clearly different and more powerful than comic Apocalypse; the guy was nearly unstoppable. Comic Apocalypse, on the other hand, has yet to be listed as this. So he can increase his size and control his own molecule, what else can Apocalypse do?

JuggernautFan
well he took blackbolts scream and laughed about it... all while in a weakened state. can magneto produce anything that devastating?? remotely....??? because i doubt it. even then apocalypse laughed at it. of coarse magneto can manipulate the magnetic poles... he is after all the master of magnetism...

but hes not the master of apocalyspe, and i see him going down hard in this battle.

Beyonder
...while he was syphoning X-Man and a few other mutants' powers to do so? This is X-Man we're talking about. Apocalypse would be killed rather than laugh about Black Bolt's attack, if not for using others to increase his own might during that onslaught.

I still don't see any evidence that Apocalypse can match Magneto in power.

JuggernautFan
where do you see evidence that magneto can match apocalypse??

and do you even know what issue i'm talking about with blackbolt??

Molecule man
where do you see the evidence that he don't just accept it if Magneto wanted to he could have destroyed the earth. Wonder if Magnetos force field would protect him from Blackbolts scream? But sound is a part of the electromagnetic spectrum wouldn't Magneto be able to manipulate it just he can do with light (Dazzler)

Wynndar
hahaha...Blackbolt's scream is not sound..its weak nuclear force...u must be thinking of banshee...Blackbolt is much more powerful than u think...and truly capable of destroying the Earth, unlike Magneto.

Adam_PoE
Hahaha, weak nuclear force is subject to the force of magnetism. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wynndar
doesnt matter seeing Black Bolts control of weak nuclear forces are more advanced than Magneto's control of magnetism...magnetism is not present in every form of energy...Magneto has demonstrated he can use his power to effect electro-magnetic energy, not gravity, weak nuclear force, or strong nuclear force. Magneto may have control of magnetism, but only to a certain extent. Is he powerful enough to destroy a galaxy with his power like molecule man?> no, because he lacks sufficient power...He may have power over magnetism but he has a limit and u r forgetting this...Blackbolt has greater power than Magneto, regardless of who has the most fundamental power.
Blackbolt is marginally more powerful than Magneto.

Adam_PoE
All the forces involved in interactions beween atoms can be traced to the electromagnetic force acting on the electrically charged protons and electrons inside the atoms. This means that weak nuclear force and strong nuclear force are subordinate to magnetic force.

Wynndar
i think you're confused about EM force

regardless...Blackbolt has a higher amount of power at his disposal, regardless of who's power is more fundamental.

Adam_PoE
The information I posted is paraphrased from an article on quantum physics. I am fairly certain you are the one who is confused, considering you once stated that gravitational force is the most powerful force when in actuality, it is the weakest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wynndar
i never said it was the most powerful: gravity<EM<weak nuclear forces< strong nuclear forces...they are all their own, yet you have tried to syncrotize EM with the rest...Im not going to quote any articles...I had to have an understanding of EM and magnetism when performing Proton and Carbon-13 NMR in organic chemistry labs...Im not relying on what comic books or you have to sayabout the matter.... rather my professors.

Adam_PoE
You can deny that electromagnetic force acts on the electrically charged protons and electrons inside atoms but you would be wrong.

Wynndar
of course it does...EM energy hits the pi-bonds in highly conjugated molecules which registers as color to our eyes...but that in no way convinces me that hypothetically Magneto could neutralize Black Bolts powers because he has a control of magnetism.

Adam_PoE
Magnetic force acts on the electrically charged protons and electrons inside atoms including those involved in weak nuclear interactions.

This means that while Blackbolt may be able to manipulate weak nuclear interactions, Magneto can manipulate the atoms involved in weak nuclear interactions.

Wynndar
the powers of Blackbolt r not fully explained...Richards has also said that Blackbolt has power over electrons...I dont know how his powers work...regardless, his sheer power is greater than magneto's...just because Magneto's power is very fundamental, it doesnt make him immume to people more powerful than himself.

Adam_PoE
You are correct, it does not necessarily immune to these powers, but it may give him the ability to neutralize or manipulate them in ways we do not know about.

Wynndar
this is the kind of situation that I think Magneto would find himself overwhelmed...just like if u teleported him to the center of the Sun...he would be overwhelmed...too much too fast.

Molecule man
What about the unified-theory? Stated in the science of marvel that Magneto probably could control all the four forces. But the thing he how good he is able to do that cos his main power is magnetism.

Wynndar
im not sure...but we r comparing him to beings who control reality itself...infinitely higher than mutants in control of energy

Molecule man
Ok i thought u were comparing him to Blackbolt and he can't control reality. Why don't we just leave Magneto alone sure he is not the most powerful mutant but he is a REALLY cool character

Beyonder
What has Apocalypse done? Has Apocalypse ever showed his personal power like Magneto? Evidence being he's messed with the Earth's magnetic polarities. He ripped adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton. Has anyone ever dented true adamantium? Magnus liquified the stuff out of Logan's body - true adamantium at that. So Apocalypse can shape shift and control his molecule, I doubt he's as durable as adamantium.

Issue? Oh JuggernautFan, enlighten me. Blackbolt's whisper has KOed Hulk and Gladiator before. His scream overloaded Watcher Doom. Apocalypse laughing off Black Bolt's scream? Boy, a scream is weaker than a whisper. sick

clickclick
I thought wolverine didnt have true adamantium.

Beyonder
What makes you say that? Wolverine does have true adamantium. Wasn't the term adamantium first used to describe Wolverine's claws? I highly doubt it's not true adamantium.

image3320
I would love for eric to take this 1 but it was not in my understanding to be. The elder entity was in the time spanning ship that rebelled & just attatched itself to x factor. I celestial monitor with load of secrets. who says that battle takes place on earth or in the 3rd dimention anyway. it could be in the 11th Dimention where Gravity comes from or the non metalic universe or the in-betweener. I see a lot of hope for Magnus. no real way of winning though evil face evil face

JuggernautFan
usually he is beating people down left and right. he also set his sights on something higher than magneto.... he has tried to defeat the celestials (which is ultimately not going to happen obviously).

he doesnt have to be, and of coarse magneto has control over adamantium because of magnetism... lets see him try to hit it with his fist and see how far he gets wink this is rather irrelavant...

yes, yes it has...

actually it didnt overload the power. it overloaded a battery that stored the power. much less daunting now that the whole story is revealed wink

yes, he did.... he laughed it off. apocalypse is more powerful than magneto and he definately has what it takes to beat him.

image3320
the more people have in common the more you want to link them. i see a lot of connections to bind these oppressed & scientific lifes together but outside of the common agendas. that fight would be short & sweet . I could almost see them working together like the klu klux klan & the nation of islam. 2 stupid hedz is beder dan 1 hed reading magneato fans don't you bet any farmland that you need. mags wants to mutants & 2pac wants to push the envelpoe away. go fig. that is a comic i would buy.
gotta be better than wolverine Vs. Galactus. That pissed me off. mad

Beyonder
Who? Left and right? Anyone worth mentioning?

Irrelevant? Since when is Apocalypse's magnetic proof? His armor is a weapon for Magnus to use. His blood has iron in it for be used. He'll get ripped apart and twisted like Logan's adamantium. And how many times have we seen Magnus use his fist in a fight? That there is irrelevant, Magneto never get's into a fist fight with people. Secondly, Apocalypse's going to need to get past the force field. If Apocalypse is stupid enough to get into a fist fight with Magnus' force field, then let the fool play Hulk.

Righty, His power was able to over load Doom; his whisper KOed Hulk and Gladiator in the past. Apocalypse laughed a SCREAM (not a whisper) from BLACK BOLT - WITHOUT HELP? So you think a whisper is greater than a scream then. roll eyes (sarcastic) If nothing, Apocalypse should have been in pain and or bleed from Black Bolt's scream, not laugh. He had other's powers to back him up during that scream from Black Bolt.

JuggernautFan
yes, irrelavant. you have no proof that apocalypse eats, or has iron in his blood. you also have no proof that his "armor" is even magnetic. or if its even metal at all. as far as i can tell its his skin, cause he can morph it... he looks pretty much the same as he did from his origins, excpet a little modified. i highly doubt magneto has any control of apocalypse body in the fight period... unless you have actual proof... so again i say... its IRRELAVANT. you are assuming way to much.

it overloaded a battery. that was already charged with cosmic energy. reed new it would have a limit to which it would malfuncion if it went passed. not only was it charged with the watchers energy, reed farther charged it with susans energy. THEN blackbolt screamed into it, which pushed it over the limits. did you read the story?

and...??

nobody said a whisper was more powerful than a scream i'm saying apocalypse is more powerful than the afformentioned characters. and he did laugh at it. you are getting confused.

but he wasnt in pain, and he didnt bleed...

do you know the issue i speak of?

SarKastic_OJ
Beyonder: Have you read or heard of for that matter, Amazing X-men #3. Here's the Link in case you never heard of it http://ocean.accesswa.net/Comics/366/Comic.aspx. of this one http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/2260/amaz3.html

In this issue, basically Magneto visits Xavier's grave, but Bishop reminds him they're on a perimeter alert. Magneto destroys and recreates the gun he has pointed at him, then tells Bishop to fire over his left shoulder. He could sense the Infinites' teleportation, which was done by Vanisher, who vanishes. Magneto and Bishop destroy the Infinites, but then Apocalypse himself attacks and defeats them. Magneto plans to set a plasma rifle to overload and kill them all, but Apocalypse says Vanisher is going after Charles, so he wants to live to protect him. Apoc beats both Magneto AND Bishop in a one on one confrontation.....

Magneto with the aid of Nate Grey and the X-men finally took down Apoc in the end and NOT by any Magnetic powers but a "team effort"..Although it's an alternate timeline which never happened the marvel writers gave us a sort of basis of "what would happen" given the two X-men villains battle it out and had a chance to give reason for a Magneto/Apoc battle.Magneto loses badly WITH help...and he had all his magnetic powers....

JuggernautFan
hmmm, although i want to say yes, thats solid evidence, generally we dont bring alternate realities into debates. they arent "concrete". try to stick with mainstream.

YourBiggestFan
err if i remember correctly, Magneto beat apoc by himself, nate didnt help in anyway ( well he fought holocust while magneto fought Apoc, right?) I did not see nate attack APoc when magneto was. Also magneto beat him with HALF his power.

Wynndar
lets avoid he iron in the blood thing too...Apoc is vastly more durable than a regular human...I would assume Mag couldnt use it to hurt him...and considering APOCALYPSE HAS COMPLETE CONTROL OF HIS MOLECULAR STRUCTURE!!! its not going to be a factor.

Beyonder
It's not his skin. His skin and armor are two different thing. Hank Pym has armors that grow or skrink in size with him, but it's not part of his skin, same with Apocalypse. Morph and Mystique are other examples. Proof, where's your proof that it is magnetic proof? AOA showed Magneto ripping him to pieces. That's more proof than you have so far.

Your saying his durability is above Hulk and Gladiator? sick Are you feeling okay? With a tiny fraction of his power, Black Bolt knocked out Hulk and Gladiator. But when Black Bolt unleashes a full scream of his power, Apocalypse LAUGHS IT OFF? confused Apocalypse >>>>> Gladiator or Hulk in durabilty? roll eyes (sarcastic) .....yeah, Hulk and Gladiator's are such weaklings.

Black Bolt's WHISPER in the ear = Hulk & Gladiator KO

Black Bolt's SCREAM = Apocalypse laughing it off? laughing At least he should have bleed or be in pain, not laugh off such an attack that dwarfs what put Hulk and Gladiator down.

It seems not JuggernautFan. If he fought Black Bolt by himself before and stood against Bolt's attack, then I like to know. What issue are you talking about?

I took a look at that issue and:
1] The Vanishers surrounded Magneto & Bishop
2] Apocalypse was hiding in wait; if he could take both, he shown himself rather than hide in the dark and used his lackeys as diversions
3] Bishop blasted one (killing it or not is unknown); Magneto took all of them out by himself
4] Both got attacked from nowhere & Magnus is out for a second & Apoc beats down Bishop; surprise attacks isn't much of a feat
5] As you've said, he didn't want to detonate that gun cause his son was in danger; Apocalypse then attacks an already weakened Magneto and slams him into the ground. Nur admit's that Magnus was HALF THE MAN HE ONCE WAS, refering to Magnus' mentality and physcially.

If Nur took both face to face, we'd have something of a feat. But all he did was attack both of them from the dark while his lackeys acted as diversions. Hardly proof that Apocalypse is all the he's said to be. During that fight, about three times it referenced that Magnus had LOST HALF his powers when he TOOK DOWN Apocalypse's Celestial Ship. So basically Apocalypse beat a half powered Magneto, after attacking him from the shadows.

This isn't much of a feat for Apocalypse IMO, but thanks for the directory geocities link SarKastic_OJ, 'cause just the issue number Amazing X-men #3 wouldn't have been much of a clue for me.

Beyonder
It's not an alternate universe IMO. It started in a mainstream book and ended up in a mainstream book. Holocaust and Nate came from this timeline - there existence was the result of the Age Of Apocalypse occuring. Without it, they wouldn't exist. And last I checked, Holocaust was a lackey to Onslaught during the Onslaught Saga which is in continuity. Magneto, Apocalypse, Xavier, Sinister, the X-Men, etc. are the same people that would result in "mainstream" as you call it, but Legion came back to the past and interupted time. Everyone in AOA are the same people but in a different situation: Xavier died and Apocalypse took over w/o much opposition. This is hardly your What Ifs, Kingdom Come, Universe X, DC 1 Million, etc. These are the same people with nothing different except interference in the past changed the situation. If it was just an alternate reality, Legion's killing of Xavier wouldn't cause Iceman & Storm (who Xavier recruted) to cease, leaving Bishop (who Xavier didn't recruit) left in that timeline. AOA Xavier, Magnus, Apocalypse, Victor Von Doom, Tony Stark, etc. AREN'T ATERNATE REALITY characters, they ARE the real deal, but Xavier's death and Apocalypse timing changed everything. Everyone in AOA aren't different versions, they're the same people, the people that would have resulted in the current/"mainstream" timeline had Xavier was not killed. Again, started in mainstream timeline/book and everything that happened in AOA resulted in the ending of it in the main/current timeline.

He does have complet control of his moleculer structure, and that's about it. What else does he have? And adamantium isn't a regular human. I still haven't seen anybody do to adamantium what Magneto with his personnal powers did. This whole "complete control over molecular structure" is an iffy. I mean the Legacy Virus shouldn't have affected him if he truly does have such control down to the moleculer level, alas it weakened him. Apocalypse isn't all that Marvel makes him out to be. If he had better showings like in Evolutions (which surpasses comic Apoc) or X-Men 90s (which is what he should be in comics but isn't), then I without a doubt would say he'd put down Magnus. But in the comics, Apocalypse hasn't shown much. For all the hype that he's this all powerful 1st and oldest mutant with Celestial tech, he hasn't shown much. What's he done aside from shape shifting abilities?

--------------------------------------------

Let's clear this up:
1] Having Celestial tech - it doesn't mean he knows how to read most the Celestial stuff, otherwise he'd conquer the world already. Doom has done this twice with only his tech. Heck, Doom is basically a cosmic threat with his genius, while Apocalypse has yet to take over the world. And he was only successful in AOA cause Xavier died and the heroes and villains of Earth had yet to be established, only the X-Men. Just cause you have the tech, doesn't mean you can read or use it to it's FULL potential.
2] 1st mutant & oldest - still means nothing. Being the 1st doesn't necessarily mean your the most powerful. Oldest doesn't equate to being WISE, not when your an individual from the time of ancient Egypt spending your time fiddling around with advance tech - from Space Gods nonetheless.

It's not that I favor Magneto, it's that Apocalypse for all the hype hasn't done much personally. Heck, IMO Apocalypse should be fighting the Avengers by himself as well, but he isn't. Though Apocy does have powerful lackey's to do his binding, he himself has yet to prove his might as claimed. 90s X-Men Apocalypse would evil and kicked ass. He rarely relied on lackey's and kicked everyone of the X-Men's butt by himself. Comic Apocalypse is all talk and no nothing.

Fieldy69
I never liked apocolypse he looks so retarded. If u guys ever watched the old x men cartoon in the 90s and u seen the 4 parter "beyond good and evil" where magneto apocolypse and mr sinister team up you would see that magneto and apocolypse turn against each other and magneto wins but the horsemen and mr sinister help apocolypse after magneto nearly throws him out of time.

Adam_PoE
Magnetism exists between the electrically charged protons and electrons inside of atoms, and between the molecules in our bodies and in objects.

So while Apocalypse can arrange the structure of his molecules at will to increase his mass and strength, or to assume a different shape or form, Magneto can control the force between his molecules, and potentially prevent or limit him from exercising this power.

Wynndar
Magneto's power is not ultimate...his power over Magnetism has to be greater than Apoc's own...however, as to who can generate the greater manifestation of their respective powers, I do not know.

clickclick
Your description was that of an alternate reality according to marvel.

Wynndar
ehh...i would say characters in that universe r ther own characters...thus what happens to Apoc and Mags in AoA is only in reference to those two...if they came into the mainstream jus like x-man or holocaust, then they would be their own characters...not necessarily the same as their mainstream counterparts...ie. Dark Beast.

Beyonder
And to be more precise, unlike others. It started out in mainstream and ended in mainstream. And it wasn't just in an X-Men book but others as well. I disagree that it an altnerate reality, but if I were to see it as an alternate reality, it's different from others. Every character in AOA (except created ones like Holocaust & X-Man) are as they WOULD BE if Legion had not killed Xavier. The only difference between the mutants from normal timeline and the AOA is their situation, not their powers. Magneto lost half his power when he took down Apocalypse's Celestial ship in the AOA, but that's because he took down that ship. In normal timeline, Magneto doing the same thing would probably result in the lost of half his powers.

AOA character's aren't different in powers compared to regular timeline ones, so it's not a stretch or anything to use them to gauge what would happen in the regular characters. Their clothes may have been different, but they're still the same people. AOA didn't happen before they were born, it happened after. It's the same people yet driven by different motives in a different situation.

Mainstream
Apoc wins nuff said.

True Sinister
Originally posted by Mainstream
Apoc wins nuff said. Magneto wins 'nuff said

True Sinister
why are there 2 of these?

Zahit
Department of Redundancy Department.

Lord S
Originally posted by True Sinister
why are there 2 of these? Why do you ask that question every day?

Mainstream
Apocalypse: know this I exist in more than one reality...I am external

Powers: Variable, but mostly consisting of energy transmorgification and physical metamorphosis. After entering an alien space-craft, En Sabah Nur was forever altered into something beyond human, or even mutant. He now has utter control of his own molecules, can add to his mass and height at will, and possesses almost unlimited strength. and that is only a taste of my masters power....Ah hahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhaha (ahahhahhahahahahahha)

soon you shall all taste the power of.................(............) Apocalypse!!!!!!!!!eyeeye even now he watches your every move.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Fieldy69
I never liked apocolypse he looks so retarded. If u guys ever watched the old x men cartoon in the 90s and u seen the 4 parter "beyond good and evil" where magneto apocolypse and mr sinister team up you would see that magneto and apocolypse turn against each other and magneto wins but the horsemen and mr sinister help apocolypse after magneto nearly throws him out of time.

sad55

Apocalypse: you dare mock your master?

stormfront13
somebody said that apoc was the first mutant, that's wrong. it was revealed that selene was before him

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by stormfront13
somebody said that apoc was the first mutant, that's wrong. it was revealed that selene was before him

blink no confused Wait does she count as a mutant? Isnt she an External and also an ancient sorceress? mad

stormfront13
yeah she is a mutant, she is also an external, has all the powers of the externals except apocolypse, and is also a sorceress. some writer said that she was before apocolypse.

Mainstream
Mainstream: Apocalypse my master, are you not the first mutant?
Apocalypse: yes..child.

see that proves it!!! v

stormfront13
well a while back it was revealed that selene came before apoc

Marvelgeek
Mainstream: Apocalypse my master, are you not the first mutant?
Apocalypse: yes..child.

see that proves it!!! v

smile Surely our Master wouldnt lie to us his loyal servents. So there u have it. tongue thumbsup

Mainstream
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
smile Surely our Master wouldnt lie to us his loyal servents. So there u have it. tongue thumbsup

indeed....

Marvelgeek
And the Masters name IS The First One (or sumting)

stormfront13
that doesn't prove anything. he could say he is the first one, but not know he isn't. selene was on nova roma, he was in egypt. he would have no way of knowing. the writers have said that she was the first mutant

Mainstream
And the Masters name IS The First One (or sumting)

he has many names...the first one, the enternal one, the dark lord, En Sabah Nur...but the world shall come to know and fear him as....Apocalypse....

Marvelgeek
the writers have said that she was the first mutant

As have they with Master uncountable times! smile

Btw I meant that En Sabah Nur means The First One in english embarrasment

Mainstream
Apocalypse is beyond a mutant..he is ...he is...beyond a mutant.

"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you"

he's like a high tech ultra mutant.

stormfront13
well then i don't know what to believe, because they have said that apoc was the first mutant, but then again they have said they selene came before apoc, so...... oh well

Mainstream
he's the first guy mutant

Marvelgeek
well then i don't know what to believe, because they have said that apoc was the first mutant, but then again they have said they selene came before apoc, so...... oh well

Always trust the Master. yes

stormfront13
but he wasn't high ultra tech when he first came out

Marvelgeek
but he wasn't high ultra tech when he first came out

What do u mean? True in the beginning of his life, a couple of centuries perhaps he did not have celestial technology but when he was like 20 or something he got hold of technology from the future (thanx to kang).

If u mean first apperance he had some high tech too!

K3VIL
Magneto controls the EM Spectrum energies.
He can create concussive force, heat, radiations, electricity, force fields, even generate anti-gravity fields.
Apocalypse usually needs prep time and to drain energy from other mutants like in the 12 saga, while Magneto goes toe to toe with his enemies worth of his powers and skills.
He has been a major threat to the Earth more than Apocalypse.The ONU gaved him Genosha to stop him from emit a global EMP that shutted down almost any machinery and weaponry in the planet.
Also the Magneto able to create black holes and stellar light is way over the league of Classic Magneto, Apocalypse never showed to be able to manipulate energy on that level without extra power sources.

Mainstream
true but Apocalypse powers are Variable, but mostly consisting of energy transmorgification and physical metamorphosis. After entering an alien space-craft, En Sabah Nur was forever altered into something beyond human, or even mutant. He now has utter control of his own molecules, can add to his mass and height at will, and possesses almost unlimited strength.

stormfront13
i meant like when he was vorn and stuff, selene should've been already born. mainstream said he was above mutant with technology, but when he was born he didn't have technology making him a mutant.

Marvelgeek
true but Apocalypse powers are Variable, but mostly consisting of energy transmorgification and physical metamorphosis. After entering an alien space-craft, En Sabah Nur was forever altered into something beyond human, or even mutant. He now has utter control of his own molecules, can add to his mass and height at will, and possesses almost unlimited strength.

Actually he had the shape changing and mass-adding even thing before the space-craft (but of cousrse they must have been greatly enhanced), also levitation and some energy powers (according to Rise of Apocalypse).

As for the fight it's a close call.

Marvelgeek
Sorry about what it use to say here I misunderstood stormfront

Marvelgeek
Apocalypse is beyond a mutant..he is ...he is...beyond a mutant.

"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you"

That's from the cartoon isn't it...?

Mainstream
That's from the cartoon isn't it...?

yeah and I heard him say it when I went to hear him give a speech in Africa back in 1896

GalacticStorm
Magneto

Mainstream
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Magneto

yes he would make a great horsemen.

Jack Daniels
well apoc got ripped in half I have been thinking on it and honestly I dont think he would ever underestimate mags again....he did retain knowledge of that battle right....? I seem to remember reading the one where he woke up from his tomb thing and just kicked back while onslaught was doing his thing...or am I mixed up....apoc was somehow not affected by the reality thing????

Mainstream
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
well apoc got ripped in half I have been thinking on it and honestly I dont think he would ever underestimate mags again....he did retain knowledge of that battle right....? I seem to remember reading the one where he woke up from his tomb thing and just kicked back while onslaught was doing his thing...or am I mixed up....apoc was somehow not affected by the reality thing????

remember a Apocalypse got destroyed by Magneto..not the Apocalypse...but yes regular Apocalyspe proberly knew that AoA Apocalypse lost to Magneto..but regular Apocalypse didn't lose..it was AoA Apocalypse who lost. rest assured that regular Apocalypse would take the measures needed to obtain a crushing victory over the so called master of magnetism

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Jack Daniels

Apocelypse knew of the fight in AoA? How? confused
Also what do u mean the reality thing?
And duirng onslaught Apoc did go with cable onto the astral plane to free/kill franklin... smile

Mainstream
Cable and Apoc team up ...damn I knew I should have read more of the Onslaught stroyline.

Marvelgeek
Cable and Apoc team up ...damn I knew I should have read more of the Onslaught stroyline.
It was quite cool... cable was the only one strong enough to take apoc there, and it was all like
"A:i see u still have the virus I infected u with.
C:Yeah but it only makes me stronger in my fight against u!
A:Ah perhaps I should remove it then?
C:I've lived with it this long, I'll deal with it.
A:Indeed u shall." big grin

Cable #35 (or onslaught book 4 "eye of the storm"wink

grey fox
one wormhole later and apoc is dead

Ethereal
galacticstorm is wrong in this thread

who?-kid
Originally posted by Beyonder
Let's clear this up:
1] Having Celestial tech - it doesn't mean he knows how to read most the Celestial stuff, otherwise he'd conquer the world already.
Apocalypse : very bad guy. You really think that a very bad guy is gonna conquer the world ?

Doom yeah, but Doom isn't really a true villain, he has lots of honor in him. The truly bad guys always lose.

Mainstream
Originally posted by grey fox
one wormhole later and apoc is dead

not the old worm hole trick.....Apocalypse could re-channel it's energies and have it pull magneto in...how ironic being defeated by your own attack...yet fitting. or he could add enough energy to it to close it, or he could grow to the point that the hole would be destroyed if it even tried to suck him in...worm hole indeed.Originally posted by Ethereal
eh? the ***** you say? Ethereal you wish to join my master Lord Apocalypse.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Ethereal

How so?

Mainstream
How so?

banana02 go Apocalypse it's your birthday

Ethereal
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The information I posted is paraphrased from an article on quantum physics. I am fairly certain you are the one who is confused, considering you once stated that gravitational force is the most powerful force when in actuality, it is the weakest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

gravity is the strongest on a large scale: planets, solar systems, galaxies
but on a human level, its very weak.

electro-magnetism is strong on a quantum level, and somewhat also on a standard level that we percieve.

Im not sure about strong nuclear force, but from what i read it is around the same of electro-magnetism in relativity.

weaknuclear force are strongest in a quantum state, where gravity is theoretically non-exsistent.

its relativity

grey fox
not the old worm hole trick.....Apocalypse could re-channel it's energies and have it pull magneto in...how ironic being defeated by your own attack...yet fitting. or he could add enough energy to it to close it, or he could grow to the point that the hole would be destroyed if it even tried to suck him in...worm hole indeed.

Damn

Mainstream
Originally posted by grey fox
Damn

I doubt they'd bring Apoc back only for him to get sucked up like a cookie crumb in a vaccum... that would be a rather cold twist of fate character08

Ethereal
How so?

Regardless of how the comics depict the battle of these two under there conditions, im sure under the right normal conditions, apoc with his use of celestial tech, power & cunning would surely outdue magnus...its clearly stated stat-wise. Because honestty, the writers can pretty much do what they want. Hell, they can make captain america beat thanos if they wanted to, with them under the right conditions.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Ethereal
Regardless of how the comics depict the battle of these two under there conditions, im sure under the right normal conditions, apoc with his use of celestial tech, power & cunning would surely outdue magnus...its clearly stated stat-wise. Because honestty, the writers can pretty much do what they want. Hell, they can make captain america beat thanos if they wanted to, with them under the right conditions.

Apoc: "Serve me, and you will know oblivion's eternal bliss!"

Marvelgeek
Apoc: "Serve me, and you will know oblivion's eternal bliss!"

eh... so in tranlation serve me and die? no expression

Mainstream
eh... so in tranlation serve me and die? no expression

only to return more powerful as a servent of....Apocalypse.

angelx behold the power of evolution by the hands of Apocaypse....archangel

GalacticStorm
Ethereal im still waiting for you to tell me how im wrong.

Mainstream
Apocalypse: "Beware of what you ask for GalacticStorm
-- for it may come to pass."

Marvelgeek
only to return more powerful as a servent of....Apocalypse.

angelx behold the power of evolution by the hands of Apocaypse....archangel

Aah... pray
Yes that angel really shouldnt have been so whiny when he was blue and kick-ass. (although angsty angel vs apoc big grin )

shaolin9976
I wouldn't count out Magneto against Apocalypse. If you look at the official power stats of two, Magneto has a higher total. Is that means he wins? I think so.

Here are their stats:
MAGNETO
INT = 5
STR= 2
SPD = 5
DUR = 6
POW = 5
FIG = 3
TOTAL = 26

APOCALYPSE
INT = 5
STR = 6
SPD = 2
DUR = 7
POW = 1
FIG = 4
TOTAL = 25

Mainstream
naaaaaah....beside I know were you got that data...and it says Apoc don' t project energy and I've seen him do it. in the comics, cartoonzs nd in Egypt back in 1846.

Apoc: "Submit! Come, cleave unto me -- and know the joy of eternal darkness."

shaolin9976
I'm only just going with the official Marvel Encyclopedia Book. So what do I know?

Mainstream
Originally posted by shaolin9976
I'm only just going with the official Marvel Encyclopedia Book. So what do I know?

I know what your saying...but the book says he don't project energy and clearly he does.....it must was an over sight on marvel part...beside if you go by that Apoc a better fighter (ranking 4 for experienced) and more durable (ranking 7 out of 7 for virtually indestructible..)I too have this book..it a good book...somewhat off..but a good book none the less.

shaolin9976
I agree...He is a better fighter and better Durability. But like I said, it will be a good fight. I think it all boils down to where they fight. If they fight in an open area, Apocalypse win hands down. But in the city, where there's a lot of metallic stuff, then I would go with Magneto. And yes...awesome book...better than DC Encyclopedia if I might add.

Mainstream
Originally posted by shaolin9976
I agree...He is a better fighter and better Durability. But like I said, it will be a good fight. I think it all boils down to where they fight. If they fight in an open area, Apocalypse win hands down. But in the city, where there's a lot of metallic stuff, then I would go with Magneto. And yes...awesome book...better than DC Encyclopedia if I might add.

indeed...though I have that one too.

Marvelgeek
I know what your saying...but the book says he don't project energy and clearly he does.....it must was an over sight on marvel part...beside if you go by that Apoc a better fighter (ranking 4 for experienced) and more durable (ranking 7 out of 7 for virtually indestructible..)I too have this book..it a good book...somewhat off..but a good book none the less.

Haha Yeah I've got that too. big grin The book that says that Madelyne Pryor has 7 in intelligence (omniscient) , smarter than prof, apoc, beast, mr sinister, high evvolutionary!

(And mr sinister and Shatterstar has 1 energy projection.)
And Magneto is not as intelligent as prayAPOCALYPSE! And Mr sinsister is not SMARTER! schmoll
ranting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.