Terrible deaths deaths in ep.3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jango fatt
There are gonna be much terrible deaths in ep.3. like when dooku gets killed.

Spoiler: Ani first cuts of dooku's arms and then his head.
Spoiler: Obi cuts off ani's real arm and later on his 2 legs.
Spoiler: Grievous cuts of shaak ti's head in front of Ani and Obi.

I think the death of dooku will be really cool.

PVS
hmmm technically those deaths will not be bloody, as a lightsaber cut quarterises the wound instantly. stick out tongue

edit>>> ahh yes, terrible they will be

jango fatt
Yeah, you're right.

darktim1
the general grievious one I heard he runs lightsaber through the jedi but that would be cool to see him cut off jedi head he did cut one off in the cartoon .

jango fatt
I ain 't sure he cuts off her head.

cornponious
If a lightsaber cauterizes the wound, then why didn't Obi-Wan's saber do that when he cut off the arm in the creature cantina in ANH?

corn

PVS
thank you for the correct spelling corn.
and the reason is because....well i dont know that.
but its obvious from what we see in ep5 and after that this is the case.
if it was not, luke and anakin would have bled to death.

not only that, but they didnt even bleed at all

cornponious
Oh, PVS, I agree that it actually would cauterize, but I'm just wondering why they didn't do that in ANH. Another mistake, I guess.

corn

DARTH DADDY
GL has stated that everything has evolved. That's what's wrong with some of you, your to critical. Just enjoy the freak'n film. Your like my wife, so knick-pickey

cornponious
I have a hard time enjoying it when there are so many obvious glaring errors.

corn

PVS
ever think that maybe this is how we enjoy it?

DARTH DADDY
then watch something else. This has to be the greatest saga ever, even with all the little "well what about this?". I can't think of one movie that I could have come out of and not said something about. If you look hard enough you will always find something. Of course no other saga has so many people looking at it through a microscope. If you don't enjoy, then don't go.

PVS
and just who appointed you spokesman for all star wars fans?

DARTH DADDY
are we going to go at it again? Of course I would like everything to fall into place. But I not going to pick at something so minor. I for one think that for as much as GL had to link things together through all of these years, he has done an amazing job. AHHH, lunch is over, I'll have to check back later to continue our lively debate.

DARTH DADDY
What are you talking about? Where did you get the spokeman thing from. I'm speaking from my point of view. I'm saying that there are a lot of people, probably more then any other film, looking at it, checking to see if every little hair is in place. Because it was that way in the last one.

PVS
ah, so its opinion then. then try not to condescend and command others on how they view the films.

DARTH DADDY
never mind, it's like talking to a fencepost. Like trying to get something across to my 5 year old. You'll understand when you grow up, hahaha. Come on PVS, stop being so stiff. By the way, I know I've kidded about it before but what does it stand for anyway? Seriously?

PVS
its my initials

bilbofett
Darth Dad, if you dont wanna nit pick the movies the go to a board where all anyone does is "Praise Lucas from whom all blessings flow...." There are plent of them out there. This one is to DISCUSS things, not blindly agree on everything. Some of us prefer NOT to be sheep.

PVS
^^^^

can i get an "AMEN"??

yes

DARTH DADDY
bah, bah. Show me the way oh mighty one. Of course I like to discuss things. Ponder and wonder how he will pan things out. I guess next time I'll have to be more simple in the words that I use.

OB1-adobe
Let me guess,

Pablo Victor Sanchez

bilbofett
Oh get over your petty ignorant self, will ya? And I have NEVER seen you use a word that is more than two syllables anyway, so yeah, you got me running scared.... You'd be wise to decide to have me as an ally & not an enemy bud, but then again, you're not all that wise, are ya now?

NoFate007
Dooku's death and Anakin's almost death are pretty much solid like that, but Shaak Ti I haven't heard anything about. I don't think he'll have Grievous decapitate her, cause that'll take away from the Dooku death, maybe he'll do something else.

ESP07
I dont think they will use the beheading thing twice. I like the run through idea better.

Red Superfly
What about the kiddies?

Are we gonna see Anakin flinging them out of the Jedi Temple windows. Maybe he'll swing a few around his head? Or put a few of them in the bin like a big bully. Genius.

DARTH DADDY
JUST PROVES MY POINT, THANKS B-FETT. You can be a person with simple words and even stumble over those and be... I don't know, the president of the greatest country in the world. And just to clarify, I'm talking about the good ol USA.

DARTH DADDY
If there is going to be a purge in this episode then I hope it won't show or insinuate(man that's a big word) that they are killed. I think people will get the idea from how things go that the Jedi are exterminated. Of course except for a couple.

Cheesiness
yeh an lyke OMG i herd from teh internet dat jedi mace windu is lyke gona be alive b4 he dies!

eek!

DARTH DADDY
MAN THAT'S COOL. I wonder how they're gonna pull that off? blink

bilbofett
Proves what point exactly?

Mortanius
Where does it say that Shaak Ti gets decapitated?

If so, the whole thing sounds delicious evil face giljotiini

Count Doodoo
I thought the Shaak Ti thing was out.

Also, why doesn't anyone complain about that we shouldn't be able to hear space ship noises and explosions in outer space where there's no air?

Maybe 'cause Star Wars movies are just fun popcorn movies to most people and they don't care.

NoFate007
Why don't people complain that lightsabers are not possible, The Force is not real, there are no Geonosians on Earth, and blah blah blah. Its a movie!! Have fun with it while you can.

Count Doodoo
blink You don't believe in The Force?

jango fatt
Lol

jango fatt
Watch this pic.

Mortanius
I know it's awesome! devil

jango fatt
Now it's confirmed Dooku's gonna die that way.

PENGUINER
I wonder if all the head chopping will hurt the film in the box office. All those head choppers in Iraq might have spoiled an audience's appetite for beheadings.

jango fatt
Hahaha! That was so funny;

Sadako of Girth
I hope you aren't referring to the Iraq beheadings situation with the "Funny" comment. That would be too much, dude.
The families of Ken Bigley and Margret Hassan and others would be deeply angered and upset if they were to read that. sad
I'll assume for now that that wasn't what you meant though or that if you had refered to it then you were being sarcastic. smile
Right. I'll get off of my soapbox now then.....
Peace..

jango fatt
Actually i was. Altough i realise that it's very not funny for these people;And of course i was sarcastic, i always am;

Sadako of Girth
Then I am sorry if I seemed in anyway harsh Jango...
the question raised in the post you responded to was a valid and serious one though and I for one didnt read it as a joke about the situation, which is why I was a little confused maybe at the response.
Again. Im sorry if it seemed like I was having a go at you in anycase...
smile

PVS
its really weird that penguiner brings that up...because i think he's got a good point.

many people have been horribly affected by those terrorist executions, and would most likely refrain from watching any films which depict beheadings...so i think its very safe to say that it will reduce ticket sales...not by any significant margin though.

Ushgarak
Please try and avoid the personal arguing like we have had in here, thankyou.

Darth Subjekt
While I realize that a beheading is a beheading, there is still a difference between a quick clean lightsaber slice, and then sawing the head of an innocent man off with a rusty knife. I was over in Afghanistan and Iraq, and saw a lot of messed up things, but it wouldnt deter me from seeing a movie with that in it. While all that was tragic, I still think that for the most part people will keep in mind that this is a movie, and not based on anything we saw from those......"tuskin raiders".

And D.Dad...i can confirm that you'd want to be friends or at least on good terms with Bilbofett.......LOVE YA BILB!!!! big grin big grin

Ushgarak
Seriously, I think we should keep clear of the Iraq allegories.

jedijunky1138
The purpose of posting in threads is to discus personal opinions. Why do we have to follow one point of view? discussing topics like in-continuities in the films and such is a right that we all share as members of these forums.

Darth Subjekt
very well spoken jedijunky. And since i was THERE, i think i've earned the right to either talk about and/or compare to the movies. But all I was saying is that I think people can tell the differennce between fact and fiction.

GCG
I did read that Shaak-Ti goes down pretty bad in episode 3 at the hands of GG but the how was not explained. Maybe he uses 4 lightsabers at once to dispose of her.

.:Space Opera:.
four cross-sections! cool!

GCG
my imagination runs like wild fire in a summer scirocco breeze

PENGUINER
Uh... It was not a joke that I posted. I thought it was a valid point myself, but if no one wants to talk about Iraq situation, then I understand.

travisbb69
i think there are too many decapitations in ep3.
it would be cool if anakin through his lightsabre at someone like he did to luke in ep6

Mortanius
Originally posted by travisbb69
i think there are too many decapitations in ep3.

I don't think there will be enough! I can imagine it now. When the clonetroopers turn on their Jedi commanders. They'll be trying to take him down and he'll be deflecting blaster shots and dismembering limbs and heads.

PENGUINER
Maybe all the decapitation will spur controversies among mothers or something... Perhaps controversies are what these movies need since Lucas did everything to water down anything controversial like making Greedo shoot first.

PVS
now, since we are on the topic of the brutality of ep3 deaths...please refresh my memory...how exactly is star wars geared toward little children? do you know how many children are going to have nightmares when they go to sleep on may19?

PVS
yet another good point.
it wont be so difficult for whiney people to pick out controversy with this film. they tried so damn hard with eps 1 and 2. they said jarjar was racist against black people, watto was racist against jews, the nemoidians were racist against asians,

and in ep2 they tried to label the jango clones as having a racial undertone against latinos.

they tried so damn hard, with so little to nitpick and twist around to suit their agenda. this time they wont have to dig so deep to find points in the film to exploit and twist to fit into their "lucas is satan" campaign.
its just that the difference now will be that they will label him as "corrupting the children with violence" instead of labeling him as the grand wizard of the KKK.

so, yeah a good point. you can bet that people will b!tch.

Ushgarak
In private, but NOT here if I say otherwise- end of story.

Jaster Mereel
but, changing back the subject to the origional, I think Dooko's death will be one of the best ones in the movie big grin

Darth_Nefarus
Dooku's death will be incredible, because it will show how vengeful Anakin has become about losing his arm, and in general.

I'm looking forward to General Grievous getting taken down, because it will show how resourceful Obi-Wan is.

Mist
are you sure these are all real? obiwan cutting anakin into sushi doesnt exactly sound very good, come on, he gets his real arm cut off, both legs cut off and then falls into lava? i dont think so.

BAILY
Seeing Obi kill GG with a weapon that Jedi's dont conventionally use will easily be the best death scene for me. Brings to thought of what Han Solo said to Luke in ANH, about hooky religions and magic that dont compare to a blaster my your side. Sounds like Han is right.

PVS
whats funny is that grin/smirk old ben makes when han says that takes on a new meaning.

Mist
why doesnt obi wan use the force against grevious?

Mortanius
That is an interesting question. Grievous would have to be a force sensitive in order to be able to resist force powers like telekinesis.

Darth Subjekt
ooooooooooo...i guess i forgot about the whole freedom of speech thing that was floating around...

Darth Subjekt
true to an extent, but it depends on how much of HIS brain is actually functional. Maybe it'll be similar to the helmet that Magneto wears to stop Prof. X from getting in his mind.(i know its a different movie) or maybe his mind is just that strong to withstand a mental bombardment from a Jedi.

Mortanius
GG his personality intact, so I would assume that he has his whole brain. So if he does have a resistance to the force, he has retained it.

Mist
perhaps he is like watto, force resistant?

Mortanius
That would be messed up if GG's brain was from Whatto's species. *shudders*

ArthasKnight
Well it wasn't just Watto's race that we know is Force resistant. Jabba wasn't affected either. The Force (the mind tricks anyway) only affect the weak-minded, and that strikes me as something GG isn't.

Mist
he would still suffer from a big force push, just not mind control. maybe, just maybe, he is like a ysilimari (spelling?).

ArthasKnight
Race sounds familiar, I assume that's EU?

Mortanius
I think GG will suprise us in this movie.

Mist
are you talking about the ysilimari ( i dont know how to spell it, and im reading the book for gods sake).

its in thrawns series. and in jedi outcast. projects a 'antiforce' bubble around itself. perhaps that is why GG is not affected by the force,

ArthasKnight
Ah, I knew I'd heard that species before. Yes, I meant the ysilimari, the things that kept Luke from using his Force powers in that jungle.

Thrawn series, great series. But I'm getting off topic now. So are you saying that GG has the ysilimari (although they're EU) or that he can do something similar to that?

Mist
im saying he could have that sort of ability to block the force, giving him an advantage aginst the jedi.......yeah, this seems to be getting towards the 'should greivous be force sensitive thread'. sorry for starting this discussion about it, i forgot what thread i was in!

jedijunky1138
I just finished Jedi Outcast and never saw the yasilimari

jedijunky1138
The only protection that he has is the staff that repels light sabers. I don't know if he even uses one. His speed and cunning is his best offense.

Mist
play the yavin multiplayer level, underground in the temple area, there is one hanging out. pick it up and noone can use the force against you for some time.

sinistra
does any 1 know how palpatine gets disfigured????? confused confused

BAILY
He gets "f**ked up" by Mace Windu... but no one knows exactly how...

Pyro GOI
CermDocuments and Settings\Benoit\Mijn documenten\Mijn afbeeldingen\Star Wars
I know someone posted it before, but this one has better quality. And you can see dooku has no hands.

EDIT: The pic didn't show up. Can some1 tell me how to post a pic that's in your pictures on your pc?

darth buffalo
host it
h**p://imageshack.us/

Pyro GOI
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6397/dookuduel31qe.th.jpg
Thanks

Morridini
By the way, what's up with the title of this thread?

jango fatt
Ya got something against the title?

Batman316

I dunno, can you see any sort of error in it?

DenKi
Well we all should know now that Sidious has nothing to do with Killing Mace, Anakin kills him. Sidious doesnt interfere

Darth_Janus
Actually, Sidious is the one who deals the killing blow.

DenKi
Umm No he doesnt, thats what you all think, Get the Game watch the Movie clip taken from the Movie. Watch after you kill mace..

SIDIOUS is still on the ground the same as when Anakin first came in to stop Mace from killing Sidious.

Sidious doesnt touch Mace at all after Mace's hands cut off Anakin kills him

jango fatt
Originally posted by Batman316

I dunno, can you see any sort of error in it?
Oops didn't notice that embarrasment

Morridini
Originally posted by DenKi
Umm No he doesnt, thats what you all think, Get the Game watch the Movie clip taken from the Movie. Watch after you kill mace..

SIDIOUS is still on the ground the same as when Anakin first came in to stop Mace from killing Sidious.

Sidious doesnt touch Mace at all after Mace's hands cut off Anakin kills him

Hmm, are u sure? I belived that palps used his powers to throw Mace out the window. He doesn't have to raise up to do that.

DenKi
Well if you have the Game Sidious is still on the Ground from where Mace was orignaly about to kill him. then after the ingame battle anakin kills mace and kicks him outa the Window, THEN it cuts to the Movie clip from the movie of Anakin falling to the ground saying "what have i done" *Then Sidious rises back up from where Mace was about to kill him...

Morridini
Hmm, well have u read the comic? There we clearly see that Anakin cuts off Mace's arm and Palps throws him out the window. I am not sure which of these two are correct, but the comic version is what I have heard from the early time. Perhaps the game makers made it different there as they thought it would be better for the player to be the one finishing off Mace?

Mace's death in the comic: http://img63.echo.cx/img63/5977/pg569oa.gif

DenKi
http://rapidshare.de/files/1577136/XBOXrotsAlpha_chunk_13.mpg.html

Watch it all here

Morridini
Um, why did u post that? That doesn't show anything more then what we have already seen in the XBOX videogame clips. I have seen everything there and it doesn't show anything one way or the other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.