Pictures: Handless Dooku about to be scissored

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scramba2000
Posted by Spoileriffic on mf.com boards:

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/227/familiarduel2ee.jpg

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/7681/dookusbadday0iv.jpg

MornGlory
cool

LandoSpeeder
OH MY GOD!!! Thank you scramba!!!

jango fatt
Cool!

LandoSpeeder
Where did you get those scramba? do tell.

LandoSpeeder
http://img51.exs.cx/img51/7681/dookusbadday0iv.jpg http://img51.exs.cx/img51/227/familiarduel2ee.jpg

5knuckleShuffle
holy **ck thanx scramba

LandoSpeeder
never mind. It's on MF.

LandoSpeeder
I think both of Dooku's hands are cut off.

Mortanius
Man, that F***ING rocks! \m/ \m/

sasa
WHOA~!~!~! Freakin' CooOL!!

vanyoda
Oh my lord, that is..... amazing

BAILY
(Insert Every Curse Word Of Happiness In Here) Those Pics Are Totally Awesome.Thanks Scramba for the heads up. (no pun intended, hehehehehe)

joserael
THANK YOU, MASTER scramba2000...

lucasfilm
ASJFHSLHDLAJKSHFKLJASHM,NAJKLC ASJDHGUISEHGAJKR
THAT IS JUST TO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Anakin2Vader
thanks man... what is the original origin of these pics

Morridini
Nice ones.
Thanks Scramba.

GCG
Wow ; Awesome ; Superb ; Fantastic ; Spledid ; Uber Cool ; Astrocool ; Yeah ; scramba2000 Rocks !!!

Eleonora
Wow, Anakin looks like a bad MF

Nick1989
The origin of these photos are on http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=40964#40964

and http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/17744797/?110

Cipher
Damn, Dooku goes down hard.....

The Ones
whos this?

Dart Saber
Dooku's face is totaly CGI!!
did u notice?

Dart Saber
Dooku's face is totaly CG!!
did u notice?

Sadako of Girth
Saves using a prosthetic head I guess. I suppose with CGI they'd be able to make the body/head move and stuff up until the actual moment of decapitation in the same shot, rather than the old 'real Dooku with Anakin swinging sabres then cut to dummy Dooku having head lopped off' trick which has always looked obvious in similar shots in other movies.... Hopefully
A) The shot'll be moving so fast that the CGI wont notice...

OR B) they'll tidy it up a bit before release....

Or maybe C) The resolution difference makes it look a little crappier on our monitor screens. But then the rest of it looks cool, so maybe not...
sad

jango fatt
Maybe Obi.

NoMeN
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoMeN
here have a look!! look at dookus hands!!! big grin how the hell did Spoileriffic get those pics. im sure he works in ILM. all the images he provides to us are final shots!

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/9862/familiarduelclear3qk.jpg

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/2103/dookusbaddayclear3de.jpg

NoMeN
and btw, i found this liitle pic on MF.com

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/x_episode3_spoileriffic_anakinpsychotic_sm1.jpg

waynerobsonuk
fantastic pics! I especially like the evil grin from palps in the background in the 1st one. Definatley one of the better of the recent spoilers. Yep it looks like Dooku does lose his hands..... poor dude how's he gonna scratch his arse now? laughing

Wayne...

eXSBass
Cheers Scramba.

Looks like that Jedi traitor is going to get it, bwu - ha - ha - ha - ha - ha - ha - ha - haaa! evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face

Movie Mogul
Scramba you are just too cool for school! wink

Gangularis
awww poor mr.dooku

btw. thx scramba. great find -_-

Reborn Again
What is the reason for the hand to be sliced off of almost every character? Luke, Vader (Anakin) and now Dooku? There must be a reason for it? I mean other than they're holding light sabres.

gunchips
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Scramba thumb up thumb up thumb up

Jedi Priestess
pretty much renders them defenseless

Stunrun
THANKYOU SCRAMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FECKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!cool

Sesse
Isn't that brown thing on the floor Anakins standard issued jedi robe?

He must have dropped it just before engaging Dooku.

Jedi Priestess
Yes it is and we probably should get these moved to the finished shots thread.

bilbofett
Oh hush up JP!!! If it wasnt here I wouldnt have seen it!!! lol

Friggin awesome pics!!!!

Jedi Priestess
Oh yes you would have, cause the finished shots thread would have been bumped and you'd have clicked on it so bite me. stick out tongue stick out tongue wink

bilbofett
eh, You'd like that wouldnt ya Miss Preistess?

lololol

PVS
holy...................shit.................f*ucking...................awesome.....................cant..................stop...........................staring.......

PVS
hey guys, i love the spoilers, but i think the thread shouldn't have a description of such a heavy spoiler as this.

something like *SPOILER* finished anakin/dooku pics...something at least a bit vauge for the sake of the non-spoiled. just a suggestion.

Anakin2Vader
anyone have a bigger version of this pic?

Mortanius
Probably the best thing to happen to this forum since the trailer came out. Finally, some LIFE!

LandoSpeeder
Just found this on MF

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/yoda/whos_yer_daddy.gif laughing laughing laughing

Captain REX
laughing out loud

ESP07
Oh Snap

PVS
edit....wrong thread

Sith Master X
Friggen nice pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Sith Master X
And look at Palpy in the background. He's loving every minute of it.

PVS
i can just hear that cackle

"use your aggressive feelings boy"

Sith Master X
Wouldn't that be nice! evil face

ginny_weasly
Oh man, that GIF is great Landospeeder... evil face

Grievous_90210
http://s03.imagehost.org/view.php?image=/0539/sw2.jpg

OMG HERS ANOTHER PIC

jedijunky1138
Dooku does however look fake as hell! I only hope that when we see it in motion it looks a lot better.

Mortanius
I think the pics look great! Unfortunately we're living in a time when digital manipulation hasn't been perfected yet. Get over it.

BAILY
I look forward to seeing Dooku getting his butt kicked by Ani. As much as I love Dooku (as a character), Ani needs to slaughter him to decend to the Dark Side and I want Dooku to die just the way GL has him dying. No hands and no head.

jedijunky1138
You get over it! I never said I didn't like the pic. I just think the digital work on Dooku's face wasn't that great.

Mortanius
Regardless, those are some nice-ass pics! baby

Dart Saber
spoilerific is scramba's father.

maybe some day there will be a post from spoilerific

"scramba I am your father" smile

Darth_Decimator
let me just say OMG THOSE PICS ARE F"N AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!! based on that third pic im pretty sure that its not obi-wan on the ground just anakins discarded jedi robe

.:Space Opera:.
"You get over it! I never said I didn't like the pic. I just think the digital work on Dooku's face wasn't that great."

they touch em up im sure, you can even see around ani' face and hands that the shot isnt quite finished, plus dooku's head is a little hunched over like hes about to say "OIVEN GLAYVEN!!"

Dart Saber
i agree with you about dooku's digital face, space opera.

it's totaly unreal

Count Doodoo
That'd be cool if while Dooku is standing there helpless, Anakin says:

"Count Dooku, you disappoint me..." etc.

Dart Saber
yeah, and dooku says:"i am a slow learner" hehe

please

Sith Master X
Just by looking at those images, it looks like this one is going to really have that OT SW feel to it.

As far as Dooku's face, looks pretty good to me. thumb up

...if he were a hunchback...

GCG
i think its just anakin's cape

cornponious
Poor Dooku.

corn

Red Superfly
What do you think Anakin and Dooku say to each other?

Anakin: "And now Dooku, you will die"

Dooku: "This wasn't in the scrip...."

*chop*

LandoSpeeder
Anakin: Any last words Dooku

Dooku: Oh s**t.

Darth_Decimator
i cant wait to see anakin seperate dookus head from his body ala maximus in gladiator stick out tongue , i agree dookus face leaves a little to be desired but im sure it will look much better in motion tho

Boris
Nice..... real nice big grin

Gangularis
so agreed!

why put every single finished pic into one thread? there's enough forum here for each new finished pic to have it's own thread... that's what the forum's for.

not to mention putting everything into one thread makes it hard to find a picture you might want to find, because you have to search through page after page after page of one single endlessly long thread. with individual threads for each pic, all you have to do is go to the first page of the thread to get the pic usually, and usually you have a title at the start of the thread describing which pic it is you may need.

PVS
you all say "COOL" at the idea of watching dooku get his,
but i will assure you of one thing. when dooku gets the scissors,
you will all feel sorry for him.

that i can guarantee. he will be all pathetic and begging for his life. perhaps even genuinely realise the error of his ways and let go of the dark side. (it would not be that difficult for him, in that he knows at that point that he is now useless to the sith, and has no more power to cling to)

that imho is the only thing that will make the scene work. we have to be convinced that killing dooku is the absolute wrong thing to do, and the only way to do that is to project to the audience that dooku is no longer a threat. not just that he could no longer attack, but that he had truly surrendered.

ajrocksteady
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This pic confirms one of my assumptions about the trailer that i have wanted to mention, but it was not worthy of an entire thread. In the trailer towards the end we see Anakin angrily swing his saber overhead and straight down,and i wondered what he was doing. Upon further review by going frame by frame i noticed behind him the blue lighted steps of the Dooku duel (previously seen in spoiler photos and video) so i assumed that it was from that scene. NOW its entirely possible that that swing is to take off one or both of dooku's hands ala Luke in ROTJ. Simply...........freaking........ridiculously..........KILLER. (in my own little black-man-starwars-junky kind of way) big grin

Jedi Priestess
Not me as I have always despised the addition of his character. stick out tongue

jango fatt
He's a really cool character.

eXSBass
This is how it could happen

Anakin and Obi Wan go to rescue Palpitine oly to realise Dooku is there awaiting them with his sabre switched on

Dooku: "I thought you two would have stayed away from me after our last confrontation. Especially you boy."
Anakin: "Don't be so head strong old man. I have learnt alot since then."
Obi Wan: "Anakin, keep your concentration. Use the Force."
Dooku makes the first attack. He fights both Anakin and Obi simultaniously.
Dooku disables Obi Wan and goes for Anakin.
Dooku: "Your powers are no match young padawan. You couldn't defeat me before, and you can't do it now."
Anakin: "Don't be too sure. I am a Jedi Knight."
Dooku: "And I am the Dark Lord of the Sith."
Dooku sends a powerful lightning shock to Anakin. Anakin just stands there and absorbs the shocks.
Dooku is suprised and enlightened.
Dooku: "Obi Wan has tought you well."
Anakin: "He has tought me well enough to defeat you."
Anakin and Dooku battle it out. Anakin with a swift moove takes of Dooku's hands and has his sabre in his own hand.
Anakin: "You are now going to be sentanced to your crimes Dooku."
Dooku: "That's Sifo Dias to you."
Anakin takes of Dooku's head and helps Palpitine out of the chair...

A bit corny I know but I rushed it in five minutes.

Captain REX
No one can withstand lightning like that...and I don't think Obi-Wan is present during the Dooku vs. Anakin duel. Plus, I'm pretty sure Dooku is not Sifo Dias.

eXSBass
Yea I know. It's got a lot of errors in it, but just a rough image of how it's going to be.
Any one want to give it a shot?

ctsketch
your estimaton of how its gonna be is pure fiction and speculation, its not like it was even resarch, so why bother? I mean, even the dialogue is out of your ass

eXSBass
And if you bothered reading and understanding...I said I made it in five minutes. It's corny. Which means, I am aware of the fact that it is inaccurate.

The Inkeeper
as i just posted on TFM its obviously going to go like this

Dooku: Forgive me skywalker, i got a bit ahead of myself!

Anni: Yes, and im about to get a little head for myself too

Dooku: Huh what do you mea......*cut off...litterally*

I think mine was closer yes

Jaster Mereel
thanks!!

eXSBass
#

Yes.

Mist
seriously JP, do you like ANYTHING about the PT?

Darth_Decimator
i love the PT but i along with JP friggin despise dooku and as ive said before i cant wait to see anakin hack that old bastards head off smile

guiro72
i thought the character would carry a little more weight than he did, but it's still christopher lee in a star wars film.....anyone who has a problem with that just doesn't get it....still wish lucas had utilised him better than he did....

now, is it time for the "red lightsaber in mustafar duel" people to make a big deal over the fact that anakin has taken ownership of dooku's blade in this pic yet?.....

Stunrun
umm...have u seen the trailer? we know he doesnt use red. Ok he uses it to finish off Dooku, but u can see for yourself he uses blue against blue in the final duel

guiro72
i'm not a "red lightsaber in final duel" person myself, i was inviting them to come forward....

but the fact does still remain that you have not seen the ENTIRE 12 minutes of the duel, only a couple of brief shots, and so, like everyone else, you really have no idea exactly what takes place.....

Altar[1stONE]
excellent pics, and thats probably just anakins cloak on the floor not obi wan.

guiro72
agreed, it does seem to me though, that obi wan should be unconscious during this duel so that he can remain unaware of anakin skirting so dangerously close to the darkside, and so that he doesn't witness palpatine being so, erm, sith-like.....we'll see....refresh my memory on whether the grievous fight happens before or after the dooku duel, or do we not know yet?.....

Cipher
Obi might just be too involved with the four-armed guy to pay attention to Anakin. The room is huge.....

guiro72
ah, i see, so you're saying the duels are occurring simultaneously.....interesting.....is this comfirmed?....

Batman316
Grievious and Obi is after Anakin Vs Dooku since Anaking and Dooku are at the beginning of the movie.
After Dooku's beheading Obi chases GG.... theres a speeder chase or something...... before Obi fights GG....and 'shoots him'? :/

guiro72
that's what i thought, but i've always thought that obi should be unconscious during the dooku bit so that palpatine could let it all hang out and be super evil with no witnesses....

guiro72
oh, you edited your post....no, all of that stuff with grievous happens much later in the film on utapu (sp?).....the new bth is the beginning of that sequence....

Batman316
oops sorry bout the edit.... damn forums should only allow one poster to be typing/editing at a time lol

guiro72
no apologies necessary.....it's worse when the posts flood in faster than you can type, 'cos i usually can't be bothered using the quote....can get very confusing.....if anyone has a concrete timeline for how the dooku/grievous sequence unfolds i would be happy to hear it....

Stunrun
when u get time, head over to TFN and read JW Titus's fan novel. Alot of it comes from hyperspace sources, but the speculation is awesome. I highly reccommend reading the first part where Obi-Wan is knocked out, Anakin V Dooku, Obi-Wan V Grievous, and the Jedi's struggle to land the burning cruiser safely on Coruscant, its a good readstick out tongue imhosmile its fun to speculate!

ImperialPEZ
Scramba, three words:

YOU KICK ARSE!!!!

"i've always thought that obi should be unconscious during the dooku bit so that palpatine could let it all hang out and be super evil with no witnesses..."

ooooo.....kinky wink

vorphalack
CG created shots almost *always* look better in motion that as a screencap. Seeing it not in movement, and allowing you to analyze the details is not the way some of these quick shots of cgi were meant to be seen. It isn't even worth bringing it up that it "doesn't look real" or whatever, because you are not seeing it as its intended to be seen.

-V

that doesnt make sense. how is it that Cg isnt meant to look real when freeze framed when thats how they animate CGI sequences..,.. frame by frame? the point is that the goal of CGI is to make it realistic, and that means animating it frame by frame to confuse the eye so that if you did freeze it, you couldnt tell the difference between realism and CGI. if it doesnt look real frozen then it wont look any more real when played in sequence.

ctsketch
The purpose of CGI ANIMATION, is to look good ANIMATED, CGI drawings are a totally different thing, and usually they are not done fream by frame, they are 3d renderings, animated. they are meant to be viewed in motion when the eye does not view detail but only motion

PVS
hold on, thats not always true.
in extreme cases such as yoda fighting it is,
because he's just a blur, but if you watch it frame by frame,
he looks CG. not that he looked cheesey, but you can see
its CG.

dooku is just standing there, so what you see is pretty much what you will get, unless they havent finished rendering that shot, which is very possible. we have seen footage in trailers that have not been fully rendered and touched up.

Mist
the scene in ANH where han shoots greedo, if you watch it normally you cant really tell its fake, but if you watch it slowly, you can see han is a puppet. i find greivous's shot to be perfectly fine, i dont know what your all going on about.

Mortanius
If the CG stuff looks real enough I'm OK with it.

PVS
dude what you taking about?

han wasnt a puppet in that scene. they just clipped a path around him and scooted him over for a frame. it looks like absolute shit, but there is no puppet in that edit.

Mist
watch it at 1/4 or slower speed. han is a puppet i tell you! ill take a screenshot and post it tomorrow if i have to! his skin is all waxy and reflecting light when it shouldnt.

POOTtheMONK
It's not a puppet, it's just crappy digital effects.

Mist
dammit. someone post a screenshot now.

Mist
why did lucas have to run that shot anyway? that part was fine without greedo shooting first. what was his intention?

PVS
i agree that its shit, but there is no puppet used for that shot.
and this is way off topic

Mist
i know, but can someone please tell me why he added in greedo shooting first? i dont know the answer.

Mortanius
George felt that the original scene blemished Han's character.

eleveninches
great pics big grin

guiro72
star wars was made at a time when the line between hero and anti-hero was blurred (re: good the bad and the ugly, dirty harry, french connection etc)....lucas doesn't feel comfortable with that now, doesn't think it's responsible for a hero in a kid's film to act in a morally ambiguous way.....i wish he hadn't changed it, but i can also see his point.....

and yeah, back on topic, these are the most exciting new shots i've seen since the trailer, with the shots of yoda walking through the destroyed jedi temple coming in a close second....there sure is a lot of cool new information coming out lately, and i'm definitely starting to think i might have seen too much.....just hope i have the will power to stay off the boards once the novel and other literature is released....

OB1-adobe
could that have been the only time we will Anikan with a red light saber?

jnolan
if someone could instruct me on how to post a pic in a reply i could share one with you guys where you can actually see the damage caused to dooku, its a black and white version of the first pic but you can actually see both hands gone and what not, so anyone wanna let me know how to do this please? thanks alot

if you have a pic in your hardrive, right click it, then go to properties, then there should be an original web adress in the middle of the pop-up. place that web address in the img icon in the submit reply page. then it should work

jnolan
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jnolan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/ani_dooku2.jpg

hope that worked

jnolan
oops last one was messed up let me try this way

jnolan
there I DID IT!!! yaaayyyy, ha, now i know this is nothing new but with the colors changed u can see dooku's lack of extremities much better. I just thought it was cool sorry if you guys see this as repetetive, and by the way thanks for the tip SpaceOpera

Jedi Priestess
thumbsup very nice

bilbofett
Very Nice Nolan...
You can see the damage better that way. Never looked at SW in B&W before, kinda interesting actually.
Can anyone tell me what exactly is that smoke from in the pic? At first I thought it was from Dooku's left hand but now it looks as though its from the middle of his body.....

jnolan
to tell you the truth i didnt even notice the smoke, from the looks of it its comin from his hand, dont know tho, seems to me that its been a few moments since it was severed and i would think the smoke would be gone by then, by the way thanks for the kind words everyone, i was afraid i was gonna get flamed for reposting something....from a certain point of view that is...

tpaquin
That makes it ten times more visible. That's awesome.

jnolan
by the way tpaq, who is that in you sig. every time i see that i cant help but start laughing, looks like hed be from that canadian sketch comedy Kids in the Hall.

tpaquin
I adore kids in the hall, but this is not from that, obviously(Being that there are only five guys)

It's from a weird soviet-style flash video called "Electronik Supersonik." You can see it in the flash section of ebaumsworld.com, or just search Electronik Supersonik on any search engine. It's worth a look.

I digress.

Still, the picture is a cool find

Batarangs Blade
Those are some pretty badass pictures. This movie's going to be awesome. I can't wait for May. Well, I can, but I'd rather not.

Thanks, Scramba.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.