Robert Englund A Horror Icon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dogbert
People like Christopher Lee, Bella Lugosi, Peter Cushing, etc, etc, are horror legends\icons. Do you guys think that Robert Englund is a horror icon?

I think he is, but I can see why some would disagree with me.

leatherface12
Yes Robert England is a legend in horror. With out him we wouldnt have all the nightmare on elm st's and we wouldnt have freddy vs jason. And almost all the moies he has made has had huge success.

HockeyHorror
wow your a genius leatherface12 LOL big grin *sarcasm*

obviously we wouldn't have the elm street movies without him lol

but i wouldn't say he's TEH GREATEST horror movie icon...but he's up there on the list.

leatherface12
Why thank you for not being sarcastic. I really am arnt I. laughing

samhain
Yes, he is undoubtedly an horror icon. He made me scared to sleep when I was young! I'm sure many other children have been sent quivering to bed on a sunday night too.

Cinemaddiction
He's undoubtably an icon.

Evil Dead
An icon if I've ever seen one.........

Striel
Yup, he's an icon.

amlap
i def dont see why not!

Zilverz
He definately can play 1 roles very well. We have yet to see him diverisfy his acting talent

LeatherLep43
but what if he passes away? will they continue to make the nightmare on elm street films?

PissedOffGoalie
i dont think so...Rob is the one and only

botankus
Don't forget he was in Wishmaster.

Cinemaddiction
..and a professor in "Urban Legends", the Mangler in "The Mangler", and who the hell could forget "V", the TV series!?

samhain
I think he was in Death Trap. Tobe Hoopers follow up to TCM.

Cinemaddiction
"Eaten Alive", in the U.S, "Death Trap" in the U.K.

"Deathtrap" is a 1982 Christopher Reeve/Michael Caine movie here in the States.

VENOMfan
definetly a icon

PissedOffGoalie
call me crazy but i say Robert is among the best out there

samhain
I know, I'm from the UK.

Wolfie
Of course, Robert Englund is awesome!

Jason_Krueger
What bout Doug Bradly?

LeatherLep43
What about Warwick Davis?

Dogbert
What about them... confused

Evil Dead
Ed Bradley? no

Warwick Davis? no

Everybody knows who Pinhead is.....the character is an icon.....few people outside of us horror genre fan boys even knows the name of the actor who portrays Pinhead. The character is a horror icon, not the actor. I would say the same about Leprechaun....except everybody in the mainstream doesn't know who he is. A good number of people have never heard of the Leprechaun movies......much less the midget who plays him.

Robert Englund on the other hand is synonomis with Freddy Krueger. Everybody knows Robert......everybody knows Freddy. Non-horror geeks even recognize him on the street without any make up on.

If you are an icon......you are at the pinnacle. You are sitting at the very top of the heap. Very few actors in the horror genre reach this status of recognition. Characters do (Voorhies, Myers, Pinhead, etc.)...but not the actors who have portrayed those characters.

dreammaster
if your talking about robert being a horror icon your as corect as a fox is smart and a blond dumb (hahahaha jokes jokes to people) but it is the character people like im sure of it now freddy is my horror icon and im amazed that people i ask say freddy who. wouldnt it be great if there really was a freddy?

Cinemaddiction
You don't think Kane Hodder has a huge following?

LeatherLep43
But wouldn't people recognize Warwick Davis? He was in the Harry Potter series and on Willow. Not to metion Star Wars.

Evil Dead
Kane Hodder does have a following........a large enough following to consider him to be an icon of the horror genre though? A following to put his name up there with Robert Enlgund, George Romero, Dario Argento,? I don't think so.

no leather........nobody recognizes Warwick Davis. Go up to most people and say "do you like Warwick Davis?"......they will reply with "who?"...............

While Warwick has been a working actor for many, many years and has played in several good movies (Willow being his most popular role)......he simply doesn't have name recognition or even respect in the horror genre. Alot of people like the Leprachaun movies, myself included. I like 3 of them. Have the movie garnered enough a following to even reach cult status?......no...much less icon status. Nobody will ever be including Leprechaun on a list of the greatest horror movies of all time.

Cinemaddiction
As an actor, it;s really not fair to compare him and someone like Wes Craven or Dario. Actor wise, I'd say yes. All around, maybe not so much.

As for Warwick, I think people know him even better as "Wicket the Ewok" than "Willow". 1 major motion picture, with 2 T.V specials where he reprised the role.

Freddy_vs_Jason
yes, when I tell or ask my friends about Freddy, they go "Freddy who?" and i role my eyes, and when i tell them about Freddy vs Jason, they think freddy is jason and jason is freddy so i yell "DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING?!" and i don't think kane is a horror icon, he has only done 4 jason movies, and there have been 8 ppl to play jason, i think Ken is the best jason becuase he is so tall which makes him scary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.