Supreme Court Go Ahead to Legalise Gay Marriage In Canada

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
"Canada's Supreme Court has declared same-sex marriages constitutional.

It has given Parliament the go-ahead to pass a national law legalising gay marriage, a step that has strong support in Canada. If the law passes, Canada will join Belgium and the Netherlands as the world's only countries to fully legalise such unions."

However even before this I believe about 5 or so provinces already see gay marriage as legally binding. Ontario, my home being one of them.
I in fact am all for this new bill thumb up Good for Canada I say.

BackFire
I know I make fun of Canada a lot, but after hearing this I have a lot more respect for Canada, and especially the people there. Props to you guys, now hopefully America won't be far behind.

jango fatt
Good job.

MornGlory
I thought Gay marriages were already a GO in Canada!!

jango fatt
No only in Belgium and the Netherlands.I live in Belgium.and i've seen many happy people because of that law;

MornGlory
its a GO in Massachusetts - and maybe conniticut (I cant spell tonite)

Clovie
not here and most probably won't happen soon confused

finti
so?

oh disaster
Not in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio and Utah. They all have bans against gay marriages and Cincinatti has a ban on laws supporting gay rights.

yay for canada.

Cipher
That definitely won't happen in the U.S. anytime soon. The overwhelming majority of people are against it......

Lagging behind again, I guess.

silver_tears
In some provinces, this is for all of Canada.

And didn't Massachusetts outlaw it again?

oh disaster
No.
"In Massachusetts, despite conservative efforts to unseat them, all incumbent legislators who supported equal treatment for same-sex couples won re-election."

Jackie Malfoy
It is not a go yet in any state.They say it is and then they deley it.If gay couples want to get married get married.Why put the whole court thing in it something that is not imporant?jm

Darth Revan
And Oregon... But there are people who are wanting to take the law here to court thumb up

People, it's illegal in every state right now. The eleven states mentioned already are different because it's in their constitutions that gay marriage is illegal.

Anyways, go Canada. clapping

Scarpa
Hey canada sucks even more that it already did.

A4E
u hick... stick out tongue

just kidding of course...

angel_not

MC Mike
What the **** is your problem? messed

Anyways, that is awesome. thumb up

A4E
btw great for canada!! w00t

Scarpa
Hey is that alias in your sig?

A4E
yeah!! wait... is that a bad thing?

Scarpa
No, thats a great show jenifer Garner is one of the best lookin chick on the planet

A4E
i know lol... and it is a great show!! we have a thread down in the TV section... though if we keep talkin about alias somebody might report us cuz of going off topic *cough*thingthatclovieusuallydoes*cough*

Tex
America is behind in everything. 50 years behind Japan in technology and infrastructure, 100 years behind Europe in culture and social acceptance.

Good for Canada.

Most Americans are so dumb, they think gay people should just all move onto a little Island and live happily fabulously ever after! Oh, that's right, they all ready did, its called Manhattan! winkiss

Tptmanno1
Good for Canada!

ElvesRule24/7
yeah good job for Canada. Being Canadian i'm happy with this. Granted i'm not gay nor do i have any gay friends. But if Bob and Dave or Sue and Rachel want to get married, big deal. I dont care, it does not affect nor hurt anyone. So just let them live the way they want 2. And all this crap about God being against gay marriage, is a tone of shit! Were taught that God is loving to everyone! And come on, if 2 chicks are gonna get married, **** i'd go to the wedding. Well aslong as there not buch lookin, lol, i'd go. Nuttin is betta then seeing to women make out. peace out.

pr1983
bout time, maybe it'll encourage more countries to follow suit...

Imperial_Samura
I must say good work Canada, I am very happy to see that at least some nations are interested in supporting equality and happiness for all. thumb up smile

KidRock
gay people live 2 houses up from me.. they dont bother me.. so i could care less if they legalized it in Connecticut

Darth Surgent
KidRock said something that didn't offend me! eek!

'tis a glorious sight.

Tex
eek!

MC Mike
KidRock said something I agree with. thumb up laughing out loud

Scarpa
Tex if you hate america so much just move to europe

Tptmanno1
Or try to fix it!
WHy the hell should he move? Thats just stupid. If everyone who didn't like what the country was doing left, we wouldn't even exist! We'd still be a colony of Britan! Jeez, get some perspective will ya?

Scarpa
Are you done yet?

The Tired Hiker
See what happens when there is no hockey? The men put the sticks down and get all cozy.

MC Mike
Nice rebuttal. Now we know that you can't even find something to argue with. smile

ElectricBugaloo
I've found that Republicans cannot argue with facts, they like to argue with misguided opinions and hypocritical morals.

MC Mike
That is pushing it a bit, because not all of them are like that, but the way I see it is there are real Democrats and real Republicans. Then there are the Losers, and they joined the Republicans. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I... err...

That's really not quite right, Tex. I guess a lot depends on what you mean by Europe but... there is a dark undercurrent in a lot of it that I find far more distasteful than anything America ever did.

The Tired Hiker
And Europeans lately have been skipping accross the pond to buy clothes in America now that the US dollar is so low. The significance? I'm not sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.