-The Trailer-The Incredibles-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Inkeeper
Right, the trailer was released at cinemas tagged with the incredibles, and most people said it was because it was with a pixar film, but what if it was more?

I just saw incredibles today, and with it, the trailer. In the trailer we see Anakin dueling Obi-1 and we see him bending kenobi's arm backwards and forcing obi to backtrack.
Now, in the incredibles a scene similar to this occurs, when mr incredible first battles the big robot thingy, it has a hold of him and is slowly pushing him towards the edge of the rock and into the lava, but mr incredible suddenly reverses it an throws the robot in.

Is this some form of clever hint as to how that scene will play out? Or am i just one over-excited fan looking too far into things?

PVS
the scene where anakin is attempting to feed kenobi his own lightsaber takes place in the federation building, and the duel later moves outside toward the lava. so no.

well...anything is possible, but there really is no connection there

Grievous_90210
close

Grievous_90210
thread

The Inkeeper
Thanks PVS, just curious.

And grievous....

You

Jedi Priestess
I think thats a bit of a reach there Inn....

The Inkeeper
as i said, one possibility is im an over-excited fan, i dont have my star warsy name to calm me down anymore, i have to find more productive outlets for it wink

Jedi Priestess
Well thats a serious bummer, but hey I give you credit for coming up with the theory..... smile

PVS
the name change doesnt seem to be helping surgent stick out tongue

dont worry dude...5 more months eek!

The Inkeeper
Surgent?

only 158 days eek!

PVS
oops, i mean sauron stick out tongue

all you damn "Darth S______" people confuse me confused

The Inkeeper
Thats why i changed to my old old old name happy

Now i miss being darth sad

Ushgarak
Nice try... but yeah, I doubt it.

Batman316
*thinks someone has been smoking more than their fair share of pot wink

smoker4
what? without me? bummer!

cornponious
I'll have some.

corn

Darth Surgent
They have forgotten my identity already. weep

smoker4
i remember you surg

Stunrun
ok lets throw this thread into the trashcan! we already have an offical Trailer thread

hacksawfg
ranting

**Rant on**

Oh, I've got a helluva idea!

Let's merge all the threads into just 7! We can have

Trailer discussion
Spoilers/discussion
Soundtrack
Webdocs/discussion
Finished shots/discussion
Miscellaneous

And then one thread where the regulars can bash/flame people who don't search through all the pages in those threads. I know how much I love searching through 100 pages in a thread to find something.

I'm sure I'll be flamed at length for this, but I always thought this stuff was supposed to fun, instead it seems like everywhere I go here (and I lurk a lot) people are just slamming each other over stupid shi* like posting stuff where there's already a thread. If I had cool stuff to post, or thought a new opinion might be appreciated, I might actually contribute more, but the regulars here would probably burn my a$$ for putting it in the wrong place. I'm sure I'll be flamed for having this in the wrong place. I think a lot of people don't feel like they can contribute in this forum, but maybe that's what you want.

**Rant off**

wink beer holiday

Back to lurking, Happy Holidays to one and all, and I appreciate those of you who post the good stuff (especially Scramba).

Stunrun
dude! i was just asking for a merge! calm down

hacksawfg
I'm calm, just been a rough week with finals, and I lost a family member to cancer yesterday. This is a place I come to relax and read some news about the last SW movie, and it seems like every thread I open degenerates into name calling and harassment over not looking hard enough. I come here to read news, since TFN has been weak lately, plus I can get stuff I can't anywhere else. This is the best place for SW:III on the web, I like intelligent discussion better than rule enforcement.

After all, starwars is what it's all supposed to be about, right?

jedijunky1138
It's called a search button. It does all that work for you and really really fast too.

hacksawfg
All I'm saying is, I enjoy reading posts where something is said, not where 8 people write "close this thread" "merge", etc. and then it breaks down into namecalling. It doesn't happen all the time, but it seems to happen enough. Inkeeper had a unique idea about something that I probably wouldn't have even thought of, much less done a search for. I just saw the title of the thread and was intrigued. The search button (the really really fast working one, ha ha that's funny) would have done nothing for me if I didn't see the title. Since you've posted enough and started enough threads to be entitled to treat me like an idiot who doesn't know how to search (I still can't believe it's so powerful!), maybe you can enlighten me as to how I should deal with all of the rule enforcements that litter the board. There's nothing I like better than skipping to the first unread article in what looks like an thread, only to have the five new posts say "close" or "merge". Maybe this a question for Ushgarak, but would it be better to PM these requests to him instead of having all of the "close" posts? It doesn't tell me in the FAQ, and there doesn't seem to be any other info on how to deal with this.

Help me jedijunky, you're my only hope!

Seriously though, there has to be some happy medium here between the extreme of having 7 groups as I sarcastically suggested earlier, and infinite postings of rehashed material. If something new comes up, let it ride 2 or 3 days, then merge it in an existing thread like the trailer discussion thread. The thread names are what hooks people into populating forums and providing new insights. If I was new, I might not read 50 pages of "Trailer Discussion", but I would read a thread entitled "The Trailer - The Incredibles" or "Will Jedi Wear Clone Armor" with 3 pages. Once I'm hooked, I'll go through the longer ones looking for info (which is basically what I've done for the most part since I've been registered here).

On a side note, it's colder than a witch's t** up here in Indiana, I hope you're having better weather down there in VA (I find people's profiles interesting, but I haven't had the time to write a good one myself; plus I rarely post so nobody knows who I am).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.