Why Can't A Woman Be President Of The U.S?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dazzler619
Is this a rule or just women don't bother to run in elections?

The Inkeeper
Its not a rule, Americas next president may be a woman yes

MC Mike
Next election, my friend, could see the first black president or the first woman president. Whatever the case, I back Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton up fully. big grin

AdventChild
A woman president would be interesting considering that we've never had a woman president... She would definetly be in the history books..

Gregory
Neither. It's not a rule, but considering the amount of sexism that still exists in the USA, it's more than just women not bothering to run.

The Inkeeper
so would a black president, wait....a black female president! S black female openly gay president!?

Gregory
My personal dream is having the president elect come out as gay immediately after the election has ended.

Actually, we've had a president who a lot of historians think was probably gay; can't remember his name.

Ronny
america is sexist period disgust even though most of the male population says they arent, they still say we have all our rights, thats bull.

plus barley any wqoman has ever ran.

The Inkeeper
well, we can eliminate Bill Clinton wink

Scarpa
Why the hell would you want a gay president?

Scarpa
But personally I have nothing against a female president as long as she will be a good one.

CraSh OveRloaD
Canada had a Female Prime Minister Ounce... President) But her term lasted 6 months...

Scarpa
Why, was she a bad prime minister?

CraSh OveRloaD
i don't know, just that she was there for six months...

MC Mike
Why the hell not?

Scarpa
I was just wondering why it his "Personal Dream"

Afro Cheese
To piss off the conservatives probably.

Scarpa
He's just a whiney liberal who probally sits around yelling george bush

MC Mike
I bet the conservatives would try to impeach him for sexual tendencies. messed

Gregory
I'm trying to remember if I've ever talked about politics with you. I don't think I have, which makes me wonder where you got this nugget of wisdom from.

Really, I just think we need to shake things up a little. I'd be almost as happy if the president converted to Zoroastranism or had a sex-change operation.

Jackie Malfoy
As long as it is not Hitley Clinton then I am fine with a woman being a president.JM

Tptmanno1
A Black Female openly gay ATHIEST president,
That would rule (as long as she's a good president...)

Scarpa
Leave out the gay and athiest and it sounds okey to me

Tptmanno1
Why?
What would be wrong with a athiest president? and Who cares if their gay or not, it shouldn't affect how they lead.

Afro Cheese
Do you actually know anything about Hilary's political policies, or are you just going off the fact that she is married to Bill Clinton?

Scarpa
First off our for fathers would not apporve of such a president

Afro Cheese
I'm not really into forcing there to be a black president or female president just for the sake of change, I want the best person for the job. But if the best person for the job is a black atheist lesbian then you can bet your ass I would back her.

MC Mike
We definitely need an Atheist president, I agree with you there Tpt.

Afro Cheese
They wouldn't approve of that president for all 4 reasons.. not just the atheist homosexual part. Face it.. back in those days people were racist and closed minded (even more so than today).

Scarpa
No, I dont believe that they would care if the president was female I believe that they would just want the most qualified

MC Mike
Of course they'd be against a woman being president! It was the 1700s! messed

Tptmanno1
Uhh yea they would, If you thing all our forefathers were christian you mistaken, Jefferson was a Dietist. Washington was too I believe, Frankin was a Quaker. Adams was a harcore Puritan. All very mixed up.

"I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature.....Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion?To make half the world fools and half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world?"
Thomas Jefferson

Afro Cheese
Weren't the Puritans and Quakers just forms of Christianity? Never heard of Dietist. But any religion that follows the teachings of Christ is Christian.

Tptmanno1
Well Puritans were really wierd...
They hated all other christans but Puritans. Quakers were a branch of the anglican church.

Dietist is kinda like agnostic, They believed a God created the earth and stuff then left, and hasent been around ever sence...
Basicly the athiest for the time period,

Afro Cheese
I see. That's interesting.. didn't know that. Now that I think of it they would probably be more open to an atheist president back in those days than they would be to a woman, black, or gay president.

Tptmanno1
Well you wouldn't know if there was a gay president because he wouldn't be open he would have a wife and kids and everything....

Afro Cheese
Well I meant hypothetically if he was open about it.

Tptmanno1
yea, I'm just saying though....

The Tired Hiker
Women just aren't smart enough.

Scarpa
laughing out loud Good one Tired Hiker!

The Tired Hiker
evil face

JRatT12

Scarpa
If Condalizza Rice runs for pres Ill vote for her

ElectricBugaloo
Condoleeza Rice is a party hack that has never had an original idea in her life. With all the dirt from Iraq that she has on her, plus her being a woman, there is no way she will run. And I'm still hoping for Richardson to run in 2008. He'd definately get the hispanic vote and he is very well respected in the world and the government on both sides of the aisle.

Then it's Obama time.

Afro Cheese
Condoleeza Rice is a ****ing liar. People kiss her ass because she's black.. that's pretty much it.

fruits
yeah man, hilary clinton is plannin on runnin in the next election. shes got my vote! but i dunno if i want bill clinton as the first man.

MC Mike
Whatever the case, we've got Hispanic, female, and black people lining up to run, and all but Rice are democrats. YES! big grin

ElectricBugaloo
I don't think that Condi is demonstrative enough to win. She just plain isn't likeable. Every time we see pictures of her, she's scowling in the shadows behind Bush.

Jackie Malfoy
Girl or boy I know enough about Hilery that it would make your hair curl!lol!JM

Afro Cheese
How about sharing some of that information with us?

Jackie Malfoy
If I tell yu, you would not belive me or flame me so why should I?Inless acouse yu can pay?JM

Imperial_Samura
Yes, any body can apparently be president of the US, as long as you were born there, and I am all for a women president, provided of course she is good enough, if I had to vote I wouldn't vote for a women just because she was a women, but rather because she deserved it. And I wasn't aware that Rice was thinking of running, in fact most publications seem to assume since Dick Chaney has said he won't try for it that the Bush presidency will die when he leaves office.

Afro Cheese
I've never flamed you before.. I've disagreed plenty of times but I've never flamed you or started calling you names. I just wanted to know what it is you know about Hilary Clinton that is so bad. I can't promise I would've believed you but the worst I would've done is disagree.

Darth Surgent
We would not believe you because you obtained your information from your father or Fox News, both of which are poor sources of information. The right-wing hackery that you have begun to embrace at such a young age has lied to you, and you're going to suffer in life because of it.

There are billions of people in this world, many of whom have educations, and use those educations to learn facts. Many of these people focus their attention on politics. Through this, they enlighten themselves regarding the events of politician's lives. These reporters, journalists, authors, researchers, and professors have studied Hilary Clinton far more than you have, and the consensus is that she is a massively intelligent woman who has led a decent and noble life. However, you'd rather listen to the partisan hacks and the muckrakers than the experts. So go ahead with your delusion. You'll live a meaningless life anyway, so why should I care about your "opinions."

Oh, and make sure to laugh this off.

Imperial_Samura
I have never heard anything nagative about Hilery Clinton, far from it she seems like a piller of virtue, and a fine and up standing women, of course one never can tell, perhaps there is some negative aspects, though I would need to see some proof before I considered condemning the women.

The Tired Hiker
Maybe Monica Lewinski will get some of Hilary in the back of Bill's old limo. naughty

Scarpa
Ill pay to see that evil face

KidRock
im moving to england when the u.s gets a woman, gay, or minority president in the white house

MornGlory
a woman can be president - watch Hilary Clinton in the next election as she runs! and maybe Condelessa ...

MC Mike
Ignorance at it's finest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

KidRock
Yes freedom of speech is so ignorant.. nazi.

MC Mike
You just contradicted yourself. I said my opinion on your comment.

Nazi. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Revan
Conservative cappie pig no expression

KidRock
Yeah you call me ignorant for expressing my freedom of speech.. good job.

MC Mike
Oy, sheesh. messed I called your comment ignorant. Am I not allowed to give an opinion? Jesus.

KidRock
Sure your allowed to give your opinion.. i promote freedom of speech.. unlike you.

Darth Revan
WTF dumbass? That's the lamest ****ing excuse for making a moronic comment I've ever heard. "Heyyy man you can't call me ignorant, I have freedom of speech which means nobody is allowed to insult me for the stupid comments I make! Oh, and I'll just go ahead and call you a Nazi now because you said one derrogatory thing about a post I made, which makes you a fascist neo-conservative!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

KidRock
Thank your for your well constructed input.. it is greatly appreciated now run along.

Afro Cheese
He wasn't suppressing your freedom of speech.. calm down. He was just saying your comment displayed crystal clear ignorance, which it did. You act as if you can't use freedom of speech to say something ignorant

Imperial_Samura
All very interesting. I am yet to see an argument as to why a women or homosexual or member of a minority would be incapable of running a country, or at least not be able to do it as well as some old money strait white guy.

Afro Cheese
I don't think it should be a factor. But at the same time I'm not for a woman/minority/gay/whatever president just for the sake of change.. if a gay black woman runs against an old white guy and the white guy is a better candidate, I'm not going to vote for the black lady. But if they were pretty much equal.. hell yeah I'd vote the black lady just for change.

Imperial_Samura
I agree. If I was in such a position I would be supporting the most able and deserving candidate.

Darth Revan
You're welcome. I'll go and spread my fascist, racist Nazi propaganda now. Heil! hitler

KidRock
that a boy http://www.norwalk.k12.ct.us/nhs/ sieg heil

ragesRemorse
Woman dont understand war, this is why they cant be president. I mean, if another country declared war on the U.S and a woman was president, she would just cry.

finti
ehh who called who a nazi? roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
explain how Maggie Thatcher lead Britain trough the Falkland war then?

Cipher
Women are capable of leading the US, it just isn't going to happen anytime soon. Most women wouldn't vote for female presidential candidate, for some reason. As far as a "minority" president, that is quite possible in our lifetimes...

dean7879
maggie did well leadin britain durin the war...thats about it though

kanis
alien I don't have a problem with a lady president she can be just as strong or stronger than a male president, maybe she can bring a new prespective to the job.

Imperial_Samura
Yes, I agree. Although I really don't think it could be an argument against women for presidents that women are to emotional to lead, that just seems foolish. Women can do pretty much anything a man can, as we can see in modern times, they can be just as good at being Dr.s', heads of business, lawyers, soldiers and so on, emotional control is not something only men can have.

Jackie Malfoy
Ok where do you get your info about Hilery Clinton then?It is ok if I get it from my dad or fox news or the newspaper.If you don't think so then you are a lier because where do kyou get your info from?
Answear me that.JM

pr1983
hilary would f*ck the world up, she's a scheming conniving little b*tch, and i fear for america if she comes to power. she's only concerned with furthering her own interests.

***S***
Because for 5 days out of every month the US will go to hell.

I am soo in trouble now. Please note I meant that as a joke.

pr1983
omfg samurai... hysterical

Imperial_Samura
Oooook. And aren't all politicians supposedly only concerned with themselves? I have seen no reason why someone like Hillery Clinton couldn't lead, in fact far from it she seems far more deserving then Bush, she is educated, balanced, and seems to have vision and the will to get things done. I might be wrong of course, but somehow I don't think she could be that bad.

pr1983
i dont believe she is balanced, but a monkey with a hernia'd be better than bush...

Imperial_Samura
I feel like I am missing out on something..... what has Hillery been up to?

***S***
A half dead blindfolded camel would be better then Bush.

pr1983
there were huge stories and articles about how she used bill for her own needs, she constantly slept with one of the white house employees (in the building) and since bill got out has tried to get her foot in the door. i'm pretty cynical about believing what i read, but that was some heavy shit...

Jackie Malfoy
Maybe you guiys will change your mind after four years had passed.I wil just have to wait and see.Hitley is for abortion and is evil just like her husband.
If she does become president I am moving to Italy.JM

Imperial_Samura
Bill wasn't that bad. And that is some interesting news, I am suprised to hear it, although if she is that power hungry she might still do a good job. She would clearly be driven. Can't believe she would sleep around though. I am shocked. blink

Linkalicious
A black/gay/or female president would get assasssinated before she got on the podeum for her State of the Union Address.

Why do you think there are never any black/gay/ or female Vice Presidents?

Because busting a cap in the president would lead to a black/gay/ or female leader by default.

pr1983
evil? thats a bit extreme, and her husband was one of the better u.s. presidents...

pr1983
u listening to chris rock?

Imperial_Samura
True, I always liked him, he seemed like a good sort, and sure, he had problems, but that just made him more of a character. Still, I would like to see a deserving women in power one day. A democrat one. The female Prime Minsiter of New Zealand is a very good leader.

Linkalicious
of course...

pr1983
a female wouldnt be too bad, just depends on the woman. but i cant help the feeling that if a woman ran people would vote purely because she was a woman, not because she'd deserve it...

chris rock is sooo funny, the bill/hilary/monica routine is great...

***S***
My reasons still rules.

Jackie Malfoy
HUM!I told you guys that Alen Keys was trying to ran for President but the dems said no and he was black too.He would had been a great president.
But I guess the Dems are just a bunch of rasict!JM

pr1983
voting for someone purely because they are black is also racist... regardless of how good he is...

***S***
That is the main problem.

Look at what happened when that lady was running against Jean Cretien in the Canadian election. She said...

"Would you rather have a woman or half a man?" That is sick.

Imperial_Samura
Perhaps, although people are often inclined to vote with the person they relate to the most, a Christian will vote for a Christian, women would, one imagines, be more supporting of a women, rich business men would go for someone who best supported them...

pr1983
it is sick samurai...

***S***
She was going for a combination of agressive/sypathetic votes there, and it cost her huge.

If a woman was running for office, she would get sympathy votes, and that would be the main topic of "how she got in."

A4E
i think it owuld b great for america ot have a gay, ro a black or an atheist or a woman president, it just might open the conservative party's memeber's heads...

or how about
a black lesbian atheist woman?

laughing out loud

pr1983
if shes good enough then why not?

Scarpa
I dont give a *** thats shes black Im white so your logic makes no sense

pr1983
u like that witch?

Imperial_Samura
Abilty should be the deciding factor, sadly that doesn't always seem to be the case.

A4E
lol

***S***
Sad, but true.

pr1983
f*ckin ridiculous is what it is.

Scarpa
yeah

Clovie
who SAiD SHE CAN;T???????????????????????

The Omega

Clovie
exactly. i think there are some countries with woman being a president and everything works good there big grin

wuTa
women dont have the balls to be president

Scarpa
dont know about that

Clovie
schmoll they're NOT needed.

finti
yeah cause that country is political clean roll eyes (sarcastic) wink laughing out loud

WindDancer
I'd much rather see a Native American (from any tribe) be elective president than to see a woman or an African American as president. Simple...

Bardock42
I think anyone should have the possibility to be elected as anything he wants to
Females, Males, Gays, Blacks, Asian, Demonms, Gods, Me, Germans

I really don't like that only people that were born in the US can become President of the USA.

Linkalicious
care to elaborate on why you don't like it?

Bardock42
Sure I want to be President of the US

Linkalicious
well I can't argue there. Who wouldn't want the power to piss off other people...internationally.

Bardock42
Oh yes with no one saying anything about it that would be the right job for me, and I'd have a Britsh Prime Minister as Puppy, just wonderful.

The Omega

Tptmanno1
Damn, this thread is a seething hive of ignorace and stupidity...
(not to you TO)

Imperial_Samura
"...are you saying men thinks with their balls???"

Quite possibly true, the world would be in a far better state if men in power used what was in their head to think, and not what was in their pants.

babs2130
I just don't think the world is ready to have a high profile woman leader in the U.S. Although I am not saying this because I am a woman myself, but I really do think that women would be an excellent change from the man ruled society we have today, it will be nice to see.

Londonboy7
Right on

Londonboy7
My freind says she wouldnt vote for her because she would have "woman problems" Shes a girl though so its kind of funny

Fire
It's far too early for the American political system to allow a woman for president, first more female governors, senators and Congress members will be needed. Else the step would be too drastic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.