Mr. Sinster vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
The super genius sciencist vs the master of magentism roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

uQifg2WV
I'm not sure Magneto could hurt Sinister.

Nathaniel Grey
I have to say Sinister on this one. He's veritably indestructible and the only known time he's been " destroyed " and remained deceased was in the Age of Apocalypse when Nate Grey ( X-Man ) killed him using extreme amounts of his telepathy and telekinesis, both of which Magneto is void of. Magneto could rip his body apart for days and still wouldn't be able to kill him. While Sinister could use his own scope of telepathy to subvert Magneto.

Beyonder
Magneto. He'll rip Sinister to pieces and disperse them through space. Or if this is an arena fight, he'll just keep Sinister apart for as long as it takes to be declared a winner.

Nathaniel Grey
Sinister can also teleport. That'd do little to stop him. And no one knows the range or depth of his powers. He's always growing and always adding more abilities to his own.

Beyonder
...but can he teleport when he's in pieces. And having unknown or explored powers doesn't mean you can take someone like Magneto down.

Wynndar
There are like no concrete definitions of Sinisters powers...he is so damn mysterious and interesting.

Nathaniel Grey
Sinister has a contingency plan for everything and every mutant. He likely knows Magneto better than Magneto knows himself. You don't think someone who's been stalking mutants across the globe for well over a century wouldn't have Magneto's weaknesses and strengths pegged? I think he would. First of all as great as Magneto's powers are -- they just could not destroy Essex. He's too durable and too resilient. The only known weaknesses for him known are extreme and unfettered levels of telepathy and telekinesis used in conjunction against him. ( Ie; X-Man, Cable, Phoenix, Onslaught..etc. ) Magneto is neither of those so there's absolutely no way he's able to kill Sinister unless they change the writing. Second, Nathan Essex has a contingency plan for every known mutant across the globe. He's has EVERY mutants DNA structure mapped and memorized to the point he could probably tell you who Magneto's daddy was. Third, Sinister would never face Magneto head on. He'd either send in the Marauders, The Nasty Boys and or his recently created team of SUPER mutants -- The Children. Whom have all the powers of the X-Men and more. Super strength, speed, agility, optic blasts, telepathy, healing factor x's 10 etc. And then even after that he'd use his OWN telepathy to manipulate Magneto in some fashion. If he was easily able to shut down X-Man's powers then imagine what he could do to Magneto. There is no way Magneto would win against Sinister. He's not durable enough, smart enough or resilient enough. Magneto was killed by Wolverine at the end of Eve of Destruction....I think Sinister could easily take him.

clickclick
Whocares? This thread is about if they were and Im still not convinced that Sinister could actually beat him. Mags wouldnt need to kill him to beat him either.

Wynndar
dont forget that magneto's powers can act on the atomic level...Im not sure if Sinister's healing ability operates on a molecular level like Thor, Herc, or Silver Surfer...If Magneto could break down his cells into inert molecules then he might be able to really do some harm.

Adam_PoE
Because the powers of Mr. Sinister are not know, there is no way to determine who would win.

FrothByte
id still put my money on sinister. that man always seems to be on top of his game... he'd outsmart magneto in a fight, and he is very powerful in his own right.

clickclick
You use what you know........

norrin radd
magneto

muffin man
shouldn't this be brotherhood vs. sinisters clones
any way I go with the clone master

radioboy121
Magneto should win this in an impromptu battle. Mr. Sinister was afraid of Domina of the Neo and I see her relatively close to Gideon's power, and if we at least give credit to the AOA series, Magneto took care of him pretty well (and Domina feared Magneto in the regular continuum).

crazyspinz
has sinester ever been hurt?

theflyxx
Mr. Sinister.

Should be an interesting encounter.

Nathaniel Grey
The only time I've known Sinister to have been wounded is when Apocalypse did so and Nate Grey attempted it in Aoa.

Maelstrom
Magneto was genetically defeated before by Mactaggert. When he found out he went mad and that is when he ripped out Wolvies bones.
Sinister can disquise from people get close and your finished.
I think Sinister need only bide his time.

Mainstream
I'm going with Mr. Sinster too. Though it could be close.

pinksushi1
Magneto would easily win by ripping Mr. Sinister to pieces. Magneto has complete control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum and can draw energy and power from Earth's magnetic field. Telepathy won't work because Magneto has simultaneously resisted the combined telepathic assaults of both Jean Grey and Xavier. In my opinion, Mr. Sinister is on par with Exodus and Emma Frost in terms of telepathy. Mr. Sinister's telekinesis is not that powerful either. Mr. Sinister can not teleport. He could only teleport by utilizing the "tesseract headquarter." Even if Mr. Sinister tried to teleport, he would fail because Magneto has been able to sense when/where Nightcrawler is about to appear, and even re-route Kurt to appear somewhere else. Nightcrawler navigates along lines of electromagnetic force (similar to the way birds and fish navigate when they migrate). If Mystique can kill Mr. Sinister, then so can Magneto. Furthermore, Magneto can open a black hole right on top of, or right next to, Mr. Sinister, open a wormhole and send him through cold outer space, blast him with electric bolts, etc. Magneto has complete control over the electromagnetic force (which is one of the four fundamental forces in the Universe), which binds all matter together. Therefore, Magneto can "unbind" Mr. Sinister, if you will. Mr. Sinister's healing factor will not be useful when he is in pieces. Magneto has also prevented mutants from using their powers by manipulating the bio-electric signals between the neurons in their nervous systems. However, Mr. Sinister is not a mutant, he is a mutate. That does not make much of a difference though. He has actually frozen the entire group of X-men (from all the books) in place this way. Magneto must have a strong grudge against Mr. Sinister since he collaborated with the Nazis.

We are talking about a character who has released a worldwide electromagnetic pulse, stopped the planet from rotating, withstood blasts from Thor, Galactus and the Phoenix, yanked satellites out of orbit and withstood the detonation of several nuclear weapons.

Xplosive
Magneto

chomperx9
magneto

Mshinu
Mags wins a straight up fight by blocking Sinisters teleportation and ripping apart his very molecules, all the while sitting comfortably inside his shield.

But as we all know nothing is ever straight up with Mister Sinister

pinksushi1
What do you mean by straight up?

By the way, he uses tech to teleport.

Mshinu
Originally posted by pinksushi1
What do you mean by straight up?

By the way, he uses tech to teleport.

Straigh up: no prep, no planning. I doubt Sinister will ever be caught without a plan in place.

Snister have been shown able to modify/ add to his powers in the past so it is not impossible he can teleport without tech even.. but I doubt his full powerset will ever be known.

Magneto1982
Mags.

the ninjak
Sinister is only good at making super genetic soldiers ....he is a scientist not a warrior.
Mags

pinksushi1
"but I doubt his full powerset will ever be known."

Sinister's powerset is well known. He just continues to add powers to himself. Sometimes he will only use one of his many powers in a comic book.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by the ninjak
Sinister is only good at making super genetic soldiers ....he is a scientist not a warrior.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/evilash1990/xmen_v2_023_11_rougher-1.jpg

pinksushi1
Sinister has also easily defeated X-Force and the X-Men.

galactusischere
Magneto wins this handily.

Power Cosmic II
Sinister has also easily defeated X-Force and the X-Men.

yeah but so has magneto. but anyway...sinister is just a really low-level, poor-man's apocalypse. i dont see sinister taking mags out here. Unless this is current, impotent mags. Then, it's sinister.

pinksushi1
"yeah but so has magneto. but anyway...sinister is just a really low-level, poor-man's apocalypse. i dont see sinister taking mags out here. Unless this is current, impotent mags. Then, it's sinister."

Sinister is basically on Exodus' level. Stryfe is above both Sinister and Exodus though.

Power Cosmic II
"yeah but so has magneto. but anyway...sinister is just a really low-level, poor-man's apocalypse. i dont see sinister taking mags out here. Unless this is current, impotent mags. Then, it's sinister."

Sinister is basically on Exodus' level. Stryfe is above both Sinister and Exodus though.

Stryfe is dead. and Apoc made both exodus and sinister and strife. basically, apoc>>any of his creations

pinksushi1
Stryfe is telepathically immortal. But yeah, Apocalypse transferred his essences into Stryfe at the end of Messiah War, which should make Apocalypse near Onslaught level, without Franklin of course.

Apocalypse did not "make" Stryfe, SInister or Exodus. He gave them extra powers, but not all of their powers are given to them by Apoc.

Magneto would turn him inside out. Sinister's powers vary a lot, but neither the energy projection nor the strengh he's displayed over the years will ever break the shields and his telepathy is unlikely to get arround Magnus' mental defenses - whatever the current explanation for it is these days, i think it's the helmet.

Magnus on the other hand has used the earth's magnetic field to dampen other people's telepathic powers, can shut down his nervous system with an EMP, rip the iron from his blood, tear him to pieces and scatter them or fry him with massive energy projection. Even if sinister regenerates after a humiliating defeat as he usually does, the fight will be long over and if Magneto, who is a master geneticist and technologist in his own right, takes the time to study sinister he will come up with a way to permanently kill him. He is also the best strategist out of the two.

the ninjak
Sinister is a man in a lab who has created perfect genetic mutations and no doubt applied this tech to himself.
Only resorting to combat when things got dire.
Mags is a high level combat strategist.
Mags FTW

Kris Blaze
How well did Sinister do against the Neo and how well did Magneto do? smile

pinksushi1
Originally posted by 753
Magneto would turn him inside out. Sinister's powers vary a lot, but neither the energy projection nor the strengh he's displayed over the years will ever break the shields and his telepathy is unlikely to get arround Magnus' mental defenses - whatever the current explanation for it is these days, i think it's the helmet.

Magnus on the other hand has used the earth's magnetic field to dampen other people's telepathic powers, can shut down his nervous system with an EMP, rip the iron from his blood, tear him to pieces and scatter them or fry him with massive energy projection. Even if sinister regenerates after a humiliating defeat as he usually does, the fight will be long over and if Magneto, who is a master geneticist and technologist in his own right, takes the time to study sinister he will come up with a way to permanently kill him. He is also the best strategist out of the two.

People should say these things in the Magneto vs Apocalypse thread as well. It just is a little harder for Magneto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.