OK Let Clear Up This Mess...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lukester
Paola -- Feel free to lock this post if ness...

I'd like to say to all you people who want to see Venom or Carnage on the big screen -- IT'S NOT GUNNA HAPPEN SUNSHINE!

It's as good as confirmed the the villains for spider-man 3 are Green Goblin 2 (Harry) and The Lizard (Connors) except Rami might change Harry's new name to HOB GOBLIN to create variation; i hope he doesn't.

THERE ARE NO CURRENT PLANS FOR SPIDER-MAN 4 OR 5 and there probably never will be. If Spidey 3 leaves an Eddie Brock cameo open for Venom we might get to see him in 4 but i doubt it.

As for Venom, what would be cool is if they ended Spider-Man 3 with Brock hating spiderman and John Jameson returning to Earth with the symboit. Then instead of a Spider-Man 4, they could do a VENOM SPIN OFF FILM.

I also think a Carnage 18+ film would rock, but it doesn't look like that's gunna happen.

IF YA WANNA SEE VENOM ON THE BIGSCREEN DOEN'T HOLD YOUR BREATH -- THE VILLAINS ARE GUNNA BE GOBBY AND LIZARD!

THE FALLEN ANGEL HAS SPOKEN

spider-venom
ok....?

Mr Parker
Yeah I dont understand why people cant get over it that venom wont be in the next film. roll eyes (sarcastic) that he will only appear in the forth if there is one which we dont know if there will be or not.as far as Carnage? oh god please,no carnage ever in a movie. sick

Ock
Sam Raimi hates Venom.And if you watch the story pattern in the movie its obvious Venom hasnt a snowballs chance in hell of making it to 3.

pr1983
as much as i'd love to see both of em, they'd have to have a killer story, and they won't so its a bad idea...

vaya_the_elf
I would like to see Green Goblin 2 , because thats what needs to happen for the plot, and all that good stuff.

Although I would love to see Venom, Oh well. Can't have everything I guess.

fever red
I think very few people want or expect Venom in SM3. I personally have a modest hope- actually, call it openess to the possibility- that he may be in a fourth movie. I'd love to see Carnage, and here I'll confess that I'd rather see a B-grade or even C-grade actor/script for Carnage than none at all.
__I think the vast majority of those interested agree on this much: that the best place for symbiotes is in a spin-off, not in the series- but that Venom could fit fairly well in SM 4, and that would be better than no Venom, ever.

Symbiotica
.... Anytime people call themselves "THE FALLEN ANGEL" I develop this serious desire to deliver a serious steel-toed boot to their posterior...

If they use words like "GUNNA" that adds two powers of 10 to the original idea.

*BOOT!* Consider that a symbiotic response to the silliness you've posted here, child. Jameson HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SYMBIOTE, start dealing with it! God I hate that animated series, if only for the idiocy it hath spawned!

lukester
I share your hatered for the cartoon series, but how else would Rami (presuming he wanted to) introduce the symbiot?

Not the Ultimate Spidey way, and it would be wierd to make a secret war film now (although a cool idea.)

All i was saying, was that Venom ain't gunna be in spidey 3

Red Superfly
Venom would suit Raimis Evil Dead roots very well, but we all know Venom ain't gonna be in 3.

Both Conners and Harry have been introduced already. Eddie Brock hasn't. Eddie Brock becoming Venom is also a long-ass story. That's a basics of it.

If its gonna be done right, then Venom (Eddie and symbiote combined) won't be around till 4, if at all.

If 3 plants the seeds for Venom (has the symbiote on Spidey/Eddie Brock rivalry with Pete etc) then that'll be the most we'll see of it.

To be honest, its too likley that Venom won't be attempted at all. Venom is such a anti-classic villain (in that he's newer and space age almost - he's still one of the best characters). Spideys movies have a worldly and more realistic edge to them, and Raimi is only interested in his classic old school villains.

Why would Raimi even bother with Venom when he's more interested in the likes of Goblin, Lizard, Sandman etc?

lukester
lol -- You summed up my entire post, only you said it MUCH better than I did.

I thought they weren't making spidey 4?

crazyspinz
conners was introduced? when?

and there will be no 4th, dunst and maguire both said 3 is all they will do

Red Superfly
Dude, didn't you see Spider-Man 2?

He's Peter Parkers college professor!

Ock
LOL! You cant be serious man confused

lukester
What about, the fact Connors was in spidey 2 or the fact there ain't gunna be any Venom to watch unless they make a 4th film (unlikely)

Dazzler619
Hey pal you'll never know. Maybe Raimi might change his mind. Oh yeah and the hell with GG2 in SM3!!!

lukester
"I DON'T LIKE IT ANY MORE THAN YOU LIKE IT!" -- Axl Rose

ebosian
Here is the SM3 synopsis... Harry/GG2 decides that with his new found powers, he tries to win MJ back. (all the while pretending to be a good superhero for MJ and getting coached by Norman/GG in his mind) Meanwhile BlackCat shows up and falls for Spiderman. (Here is the drama and tension Sam Raimi wants in the Peter/MJ relationship.) Insert here in the movie Eddie Brock and his problems and competition with Peter. Eddie Brock tries to out do Peter Parker with Spiderman pictures. He snaps one of Spiderman hugging Blackcat that shows up in the front pages of the daily bugle. MJ is irate and is on the verge of leaving Peter for Harry/GG2. Meanwhile towards the middle of the movie, (plot thickens) Dr. Conners finally goes forward and changes into the lizard. And later.. Spiderman tussles with the lizard while having to save BlackCat during the first fight. Harry/GG2 is rejected by MJ and finally boils over and decides to get rid of Peter/Spiderman because of MJ and his father.
GG2/Harry sees this as a means to end Spiderman and joins forces with Lizard. Spiderman saves John Jameson from a space shuttle mishap only to get infected with the symbiot. Spiderman pushes Felicia/BC away to fight the lizard only to fight both Lizard and GG2 alone. Spiderman holds his own against the two but is hit with a wicked punch from Lizard while trying to save Harry from a fall he caused. Spiderman is almost unconsious and Lizard is about to end his life. Harry/GG2 comes to his senses and takes on the Lizard for his friend. GG2 and Lizard go at it, but the Lizard ends GG2/Harry's life. Spiderman jumps in just 1 sec too late but takes down the Lizard. Brock is there to snap pictures and SM webs him to a church tower. Enter bells on church tower that releases the symbiote. SM returns home to MJ and they reconcile. Fade to black... (may not fit the comics, but Sam has already
put his mark on deviating from the comics)

SM4 : Venom vs Spiderman
Forget about Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst if they don't want to continue. Enter Freddie Prince Jr. as SM whoever as MJ.
Sam Raimi, I know you can make it happen.

diamondust
man... after reading this.. i know sm3 will be boring...

kanis
alien It could swing either way it might be the lizard or the GG2 or both but the thing is Raimi has brought in John Jameson for a reason and I don't think it was for him to marry MJ. And I wonder who will they get to play the black cat and will she have the same powers as in the comics.

Red Superfly
Yeah, it was a good idea to bring in John Jameson in 2.

They do have some seeds already sewn. They could do Venom, but it'll be number 4. And a spin-off for Venom is the dumbest thing ever.

I'd love to see Venom. Done PROPERLY. What would happen if the Venom fanboys had their way? We'd see a waterred down Venom in Spider-Man 3 with half of what his character is capable of. It'd be Aliens vs Predator all over again.

doctorstrongbad
I don't think it will be a good idea to have 2 villians in any comic movie. It can lead to the down fall of a series like the Batman movies. Only the first one was good bats vs. Joker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.