Jedi vs. Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
Due to some manner of freak ion storm and a new invention of Dr. Doom, two teams of four are transported to a combat zone (small deserted village), and it appears the only way back is for one of the teams to triumph over the over, in any way they can....

Leading the teams are two men who could be considered evil geniuses without par, impressive intelligence, and skills in all that is unknown....
Dr. Doom leads the Marvel forces, Emperor Palpatine (or just The Emperor) leads the Jedi.

Their forces consist of - Marvel - Wolverine, Spiderman and Snake Eyes

The Jedi - Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker (when he is actually a Jedi) and Yoda.

So, does the Force clinch it for the men from a Galaxy far far away, or do the Marvel heroes and villain have the skills and moves to defeat the Jedi? Or will they all end up on the dark side?

As a side note, hiding somewhere in the zone is Jar Jar Binks. He is useless, but he may jump out a lot. You can decide what happens to him.

Arachnoidfreak
Vader, Luke, and Yoda are more than enough to take those three out. Then Yoda kills Binks because he is ****ing annoying.

uQifg2WV
I think the Jedi would win. Not very easily, and I'm probably gonna get crap for this post. Yoda is fast enough to slice wolverine up before he'd notice, and he'd be able to cut through adamantium with a saber. Spiderman might be a probablem, but the Emperor would manage to blast him out of the sky. Snake eyes might be able to get Luke, but Vader would get Doom. Then it would be three on one, with no chance for Snake Eyes.

Wynndar
Like Ive said before, none of the Star Wars characters would be a real match for Doom...but his "team" doesnt stand a chance...in fact it doesnt even make sense to put those three together.

Imperial_Samura
Perhaps, though I was thinking generically , who would be equal Vader in terms of endurance? Or Luke in saber skills? Yoda in terms of agility? The Emperor in terms of dark energy? I kind of thought it Marvel forces might be able to take it, but it would be very close, and not with out losses.

Wynndar
why must we rely on SW terms...the marvel guys would not be using the force or light sabers...thats like saying: Who could rival Doom in intelligence, or wolverine in healing ability and adamantium claws, or who from star wars could match spidey with web slinging, hahahaha.

Doom operates on a vastly higher level than the rest of his team and the star wars guys...I dont even know why snake eyes is on here, he has no place...wolverine and spidey are also pretty small time and would probably be at a disadvantage in a straight up confrontation with these Jedi...doesnt matter though since i think Doom would quickly neutralize that who star wars team

Imperial_Samura
Well, good points, although to be honest things like agility, endurance and so forth are pretty universal, something that every villain and hero usually posses. And it could be said that the Marvel lads have some experience with people with similar skills of the Jedi, after all the force manifests its way similar to kind of medium powered telepathy and telekinesis and improved physical skills, which Wolverine and Spiderman would have some experience with.

But in a battle of pure skill and wits, I still think the two teams are closely matched, and Snake Eyes is a valuable member...

Wynndar
Oh i totally agree about the agility and endurance thing...I often find it hard to make a good argument with the star wars guys because they believe the force is dominant in the marvel universe as well as the SU...thus whenever a marvel person attacks a Jedi the Jedi would be able to use the force to absorb any energy attack, or evade any move...or that Vader can suck the life from anyone...there was honestly a guy who said that Anakin could beat Galactus because of this.

Imperial_Samura
Yes, I see what you mean, I would disagree with that, Jedi are skilled, and all, but they are far from Gods, and have weaknesses, no way Anikin could have beat Galactus one on one.

muffin man
theres more marvel characters

Imperial_Samura
I know, I just liked the idea of those heroes being the sort capable of winning the match maybe, maybe, a good bout, so that one side didn't clearly have a complete advantage.

uQifg2WV
Decap can kill Wolverine right? So they could just cut off his head with a saber They did melt through that metal that was many feet thick on Ep. 1.

Wynndar
that was a metal door...what does that have to do with Adamantium which can withstand a direct nuclear blast?

mr.smiley
i've never read anywere were a lightsaber could cut adamantium.
and if i did i would question the source.

uQifg2WV
Adamantium can be melted, right? Isn't that how they got it on his bones? I know they didn't just bend the metal around his bones. A Light Saber is hot enough to melt through it. And that wasn't just just metal. It would be more powerful than normal steel, and considering how much more advanced they are than Humans, it might even be more powerful than Adamantium.

K3VIL
I would like to see Blade jumping into the fight to help the alone Snake Eyes, a deadly couple.Anyway, how can a light saber cut adamantium, if the Nova Burst of Johnny Storm cannot melt adamantium?

Wynndar
when adamantium is created it is very maleable and ductile, this is how it was grafted onto Wolverine's bones, or when Ultron was encased in it. Once it settles and hardens it is virtually indestructable...there r some instances when adamantium has been broken or damaged...however, IMO, I doubt a lightsaber would cut it.

Capt_Fantastic
Do you always talk out of your ass, or just in the threads that I read?

Given the chosen characters on the two sides, the Jedi would easily win. Luke would likely get offed while crying, but the other three could easily overcome the others.

srankmissingnin
Jedi's are average (compared to Marvel) fighters with mild (at best) telepathy. Wolverine has fought at least three people who could read his mind and predict his moves; and he beat two of them (for some reason they forgot that Wolverine thinks and moves as one when Mr. X showed up). There is a massive speed, strength, skill, agility and durability for the Marvel side. Even if by some stroke of luck, Spidy (Who could win this on his own I might add) gets into the force choke he can always web yank whoever over to him and put him down with one hit.

This fight is ridiculous.

Imperial_Samura
I wasn't expecting such passionate responses.... I thought it would be close at best, with out either side coming out with a clear advantage. Maybe I just wanted to see Doom and the Emperor battling (Doom would take that I think)...

who?-kid
You can say that again. Jedis are cool and all, but are not on the same level than an average Marvel hero.

Again true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.