What do you get when you cross science with Star Wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1

Tptmanno1
Thanks you guys, its helping alot....

Jedi Priestess
Well sweetie the fact that what you wrote reads like Chinese stereo instructions may have ALOT to do with the lack of help. messed

Darth Revan
It only looks like chinese stereo instructions if you're long out of high school and can't remember what "heterozygote" and "codominant" mean stick out tongue

That being said I have enough homework of my own already no expression

Darth Surgent
XD

Silver Stardust
Wow, that's some really amusing homework, Stefan...too bad I wasn't online last night or I would have probably actually been able to help you...gotta love AP Bio, though, we watched Spaceballs last year on Halloween and when we were talking about genetic engineering and cloning we spent an entire day discussing Star Wars laughing

By the way, I understand perfectly what the question's asking...I'm just lazy and it's only 8:20 am stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
I just had a test on this crap. I could probably figure it out, but damn, I'm lazy.

Does it matter that Anakin was on the Light side, and then transfered to the Dark side? where would that place him? What if Luke defects to the Dark side? There are too many unknowns. What if Yoda is normal, and everyone else is a mutant alien thing?

The Omega
Tpt> As much as I'd like to help - my English is okay, but not THAT good smile
As in... I can't decipher what you write.

Tptmanno1

Arachnoidfreak
For Luke, he has a 1/2 chance of being able to use the Force, whether his father was of the Dark side, or Yoda.

Anakin Skywalker as his father is kind of hard to say...he was light side, then darkside, and then went back to the light side(make up you mind Anakin, goddamnit!) If you don't use the movies as a guide as to who was light side and dark, and your teacher doesn't say if Anakin was lightside or dark, then how are we supposed to know?

As for Yoda being the father, if his genes were dominant, it's a 100% chance that Luke would come out short and green, no matter what his mother's genes were.

Hope that helps, if you didn't already figure it out. It's pretty easy once you stop being lazy.

MC Mike
What grade are you in? We did this in 9th. messed

Tptmanno1
11th, But in AP Bio. (Its a review, Intro to Genetics thing, just kinda forgot it...)

Silver Stardust
Not quite, Yoda could be heterozygous for these traits, meaning Luke would have a 50% chance of being short and green (assuming both traits were controlled by the same gene). Technically speaking he'd have a 25% chance of being BOTH short and green, because these would most likely be two different genes. He'd have a 25% chance of being tall and normal, 25% chance of being short and normal, 25% chance of being tall and green, and 25% chance of being short and green.

Jackie Malfoy
Wow to have that sort of homework would be cool!I am on t he darkside btw!Servie the Empire!JM

Arachnoidfreak
Noone gave me Yoda's genotype, so naturally I assumed it was homozygous dominant. Noone said otherwise.

Damn Mendel and his pea plants to hell.

Silver Stardust
Can't assume with the dominant phenotype though stick out tongue

Silly pea plants...

I loved studying genetics last year in AP Bio...I'd always be like "Okay, what's MY genotype", as the examples used are always blond/brown hair and blue/brown eyes, and I have red hair and greenish-brown eyes...heh...laughing out loud genetics is really interesting and quite easy though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.