eminem and ja rule beef is over!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

5knuckleShuffle
eminem made a track called like toy soilders on his new album titled 3ncore. today on b.e.t ( black entertainment television)

ja rule answered to the quistion is the beef really over?

he said yes.

hh?
beef is not part of hip hop. its stupidity.

el_barto
^ I second that

tabby999
they should have had a shootout, then we would kill the winner, then there would be no more of these "beef" shenanigans!

loserib
thank god now i can sleep at night

NOT

ESP07
Now there on to chicken

Df02
oh my god, when i saw this thread that is EXACTLY the words that came straight into my head.

sarcasm, lowest form of wit. but funniest big grin

tabby999
nah man, i've found the humor used by the Simple Plan fans in the Simple Plan thread is the lowest form....

Konjammenson
actually it is very much a part of hip-hop. its huge.

hh?
and this coming from a guy with a naked santa sig roll eyes (sarcastic)

its NOT part of hip hop, its a very new thing. study your hip hop history kid.

tabby999
yeah old hip hop was all about bringing together people who lived in poor areas, giving them an outlet. the new bullshit artists like Ja Rule and 50 Cent, Eminem and the like brought in the whole "beef" thing

eggmayo
Just stick to old school and gangster rap.

Red Superfly
I wish there was some "beef" still. I was hoping they'd kill each other.

eggmayo
Why doesnt... er.... 50 Cent go kill them both

tabby999
cos he's a whingy little pussy who'd shit himself if he had to use a gun. and getting shot however many times dosn't make him a bone-fide gangsta, it means people think hes that much of a douche they'll kill him

Beyond Image
for the record: I don't give a frog's fat ass about "beef" with another rich person. it ain't real when they are celebrities or something like that.

hh?
speaking of pussies...

i just heard Eminem is going to work on an album with Ja Rule. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Afro Cheese
That album is going to be god awful if that is true. One thing I noticed about both artists is they both try to sing too much and they both suck at it.

Darth Revan
That's not even really the truth, I doubt any of the artists who have "beef" with each other seriously hate each other, it's just the record companies telling them what they have to do to sell records

Afro Cheese
I think the rapper's egos played a big role in it too. The record companies get more from it than anyone else though so that's a possibility too.

tabby999
i didn't say that they personally started the beefs, i'm sure the record companys do it too.

Darth Subjekt
um actually, YOU go back and study your hip-hop history. Thats how you found out who was the best, by battle rapping! Before you could get a video and magazine covers, you had to prove that you were good and that much better than the other dude up there. It may not have been as personal as it is nowadays, but thats how hiphop changes. And as far as it not being real, how would it be fake? Its not the WWE, this is real life, and if someone insults you in front of the people who pay you, you tend to get upset.

But i whole heartedly agree that 50 needs to die a slow painful death, by where he's disemboweled then chokes on his own flesh after someone shoves it down his throat.

MornGlory
im tired of eminem and ja rule....

I work with a guy that looks and sounds just like Ja Rule and that is the most excitement I can get from Ja Rule

Afro Cheese
There is a difference between battle rapping and writing diss tracks in a studio then releasing them to the public. Battle rapping is an art. You have to think on your feet and be creative. Diss tracks are part of hip hop history too.. look at KRS-one's "The Bridge is Over." But to me this beef was just annoying and gay, and went too far especially after we've already seen what can happen in result of this stuff.

Alpha Centauri
"actually it is very much a part of hip-hop. its huge."

No, competition is. Beef isn't.

Then again maybe that's why Hiphop has gone from being largely credible to a ****-genre that's been ****ed over more times than Jenna Jameson.

-AC

koolruningz
Diss tracks have been going on for years. I started listening to hip hop in the 80's. I remember Kool Moe Dee and LL Cool J going at it, Tim Dog and NWA was another one i remember and of course NWA and Ice Cube. I think the fact that its Feminem and Ja Hobbit people have just laughed it off because they are both such wannabees. I mean they sit there in their mansions talking about how hard they are and how they are going to do this and that to each other, no-one buys it (no-one with more than 3 brain cells anyway).

Alpha Centauri
When it gets to the point of talking about someones kids etc, it's pointless.

-AC

koolruningz
quite right.

Darth Subjekt
"....i aint no gangsta, but you aint neither...." Eminem - My Name f. Xzibit

" ..through all this shit, never once did you hear me say im a gansta, and i'm not....." Eminem - Shady Mixtape.

So when was Em saying how hard he was? So if youre rich and live in a mansion, youre automatically soft? Tell that to boxers or wrestlers, or other atheletes.....and what did Em say he was gonna do in a rap that could be taken as a real threat, rather than just clever word play? I think its shitty that it was 50's and Ja's beef, but Ja felt he had to go after eminem to try to "earn" a real rep or credability as an emcee, since the world knows hes really garbage......and i also agree with the dude that said theres a difference between battles and diss tracks....but as someone else said, "the bridge is over" and other such songs, WERE part of hip hop and that just allowed emcees that couldnt meet face to face, to battle each other, and thats still true today. You aim for the top dog and attack him and make a name for yourself...but do it respecfully. We dont need to suffer another 2pac, biggie, Big L, or JMJ.

Alpha Centauri
"So when was Em saying how hard he was?"

I've heard Eminem constantly talk about how many Uzis and Shotguns he has and what he'll do with them.

Ever since he signed 50 Cent he has been talking about guns in a big way.

-AC

hh?

Mr Wiggles
O_o.... B.E.T?

wow, u like malubu's most wanted

where the **** did you learn about rap?

where else? BET

and, you spelled question wrong..... nice job

Mr Wiggles
exactly, i dunt like neither of em, i only listen to eminem when hes makin fun of people, only for a laugh

Afro Cheese
Wow.. benzino's response to Like Toy Soldiers.

http://www.thesource.com/video/benzino/

That is some bad acting in the beginning.

Alpha Centauri
Benzino man, such a stupid old waster.

Actually reminds me of certain people on this board when it comes to debates.

When you walk away after you've said all there is to say, they make a post saying "Yeah you know you've lost". Like Benzino is doing there.

Thinks having the last word equates to being the winner.

****ing moron. I don't think there's ENOUGH gun crime in Hip Hop. Give these guys bazookas and let them rid the world of each other.

-AC

Tptmanno1
HH> Lol nice...

koolruningz
Eminem is forever talking about how hard he is (whether he is serious or not only he knows). I never said he called himself a gangster, how could he? Its bad enough Ja Rule thinks he's a gangster, if Eminem tried to go that route he would be laughed off the face of the planet. You cant tell me that artists move to Hollywood and retain their credibility in the hip hop world, they are considered sell outs for the most part. Even legends like Ice-T and Cube dont get the props they used to get when they were coming up. It must have a negative affect on the music if Eminems last album is to be judged. If you move away from the inspiration of your music then it must suffer, thats just common sense (and the proof is in the music).

Darth Subjekt
youre right, but Ice T and Cube werent known for their lyrical guiness, eminem is. Honestly i think there might be a handful of emcess at best, that can kep up with him, and theyre all underground.....today to get a record deal, all you have to do is sound like an 80's wrestler and yell "WHAT" "YEAHHH" "OKAAAAYYY". Since when did crap deserve to be called hip-hop? And how did it make it look when Cash Money was out in the middle of the "hood" with 200,00 dollar cars doin doughnuts? If they were doin that shit for real, a real gangsta or just someone who really is hard, would snub'em from the back and take their jewels and cars. He moved out of the Detroit area so he COULD have nice things for him and his daughter. Granted this album isnt his best, but neither is his first mainstream album, maybe in lyrical format wise, but not overal. His best was The Eminem Show, and that was after he moved away from his "roots"

And the things about guns, who the hell doesnt talk about guns in raps? He says it for comical effect, whereas others say, "thats how i lived, dog....i was a gangsta now im makin tracks about it!" But at least you heard about him pistol whippin somebody, lol.

hh?
look at Flavor Flav. he pretty much did what Lil Jon did on the mic (kinda)

he's considered a legend by many

back on topic

Eminem is just an atom sized version of Chino XL and Masta Ace

Tptmanno1
hehe,
Flava Flav Annoys the shit outta me for some reason

SlipknoT
FLAVA FLAV!

koolruningz
Im only gonna comment on a couple of things. Ice T and Cube were definitely know for their lyrics, but if you prefer Eminem thats cool. I think Em's best was on his first 2 albums but again thats personal choice. There are many emcees out there that would wipe the floor with Eminem and you're right they are underground, mainly because they havent compromised their music to appeal to the masses (yet). I cant argue with Eminems choice of moving out of the "hood" and wanting a better life for his kid (who wouldnt), but the fact remains his credibility is in the toilet.

Alpha Centauri
"And the things about guns, who the hell doesnt talk about guns in raps?"

Lots of people. Redman for example, incredible lyricist. Mentions the odd gun line or two but he doesn't talk about how hard he is and how he's gonna shoot through someone's jeep with an Uzi.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Eminem is not the best mainstream emcee..

ragesRemorse
emInem iS tHe hardeSt shit out dar cuz. aInt no one abLe to take him in a battle. I mean rappers is da modern day soldiers. Warz aint not bein fought in taliban land. Dey bein fought here in our soil. Eminem rosed to da top wit his wordz and nothin less. No one did dat in da last 10 years. He a tru warrior of da mic. No one able to top him. He da next 2 pac for shor. He a prophet, right now he just in his dark phase, given in to temptation and hate,, but he will rise above all else and reach dat enlightenment and start to sling his word in a prophet way. Leadin all us soldiers to da light. He will save us from the anti christ. 2 pac was only der to inspire but eminem will lead. You will all see. No one cleverer dan emenim. word

hh?
RR u serious? or sarcasm?

MF D00m
Yea, I think that was a joke. Especially when it looks like it was typed by a 7-year old.

MF D00m
and Eminem is a good lyricist, but he's not top 10, IMO.

MF D00m
I love Redman, but how is he an "incredible" lyricist?

Xam
eminem is the best,no one will top him,no one will ever be able too!

Red Superfly
Where's Vanilla Ice when you need him?

Alpha Centauri
"I love Redman, but how is he an "incredible" lyricist?"

Some of the lines he comes up with I really enjoy on many many levels.

-AC

MF D00m
I agree. Redman is great, just never heard anybody refer to his lyrics as "incredible" before. Not saying they're not, but I was curious to why you particularly felt that way about his lyrics.

Atomic Rico
Tupac sucks, his death just made him overrated
Eminem sucks even more
rap sucks in general
period
later

ragesRemorse
Serious fo shor dogg. no

Atomic Rico
Yo Dogg!!!!
Why are rap guys so materialistic, dogg!!??
and ego-driven, dogg!!??

Afro Cheese
That's like me saying "why are all rock guys such angsty little posers" because of what I see from Linkin Park and Good Charlotte. Before you put down an entire genre, maybe you should try listening to the good artists from that genre. Even if you still don't like it after that you can at least respect it. The hip hop that the majority of the people in this thread listen to is not materialistic. Ego driven.. well that's just the way it is. Just like every boxer is supposed to think he's the best, every emcee is supposed to think he's the best (or at least rap like he thinks he's the best). And I like it that way.

MF D00m
Listen to the man^

koolruningz
clapping Very well said sir! clapping

ragesRemorse
If you listen to most mainstream rap it always revolves around the indivdivual getting what is coming to them. They embrace vanity. Then again so do most people. rappers just dont care to tell you how much money they got or how many hoes they had. Most of there music is the result of a drug and alchohol enduced night at the club. In rock and roll and most other genre's in the mainstream ear the artists are materialistic and egotistical. They just dont sing about it, they endulge in themselves off stage and outside of thier music. I am not saying this makes them any less of a person, because alot of us are like that, fame and wealth have ways of intensifying it.

Darth Subjekt
Granted Ice T and Cube were known for their lyrics, but not lyrical genius. They were the first ones to come out and say "F*UCK YOU", but seriously, do you think they can hand hang lyrically with him? There's this one cat named Qwel who rolls with Typical Cats----boy is a mastermind. His voice is suspect to some, but check out the track "Cliche". He thinks of shit i never would....a taste....."doper emcees non existent like RuPaul's clit is, cant tell if you d*ck or p*ssy like topless infants..."...and some more....."and leave you scared to drop shit like school stalls with no doors." I think that shits dope, especially from a white dude. But you're right that the underground cats are still ill with their shit cause they haven't sold out "yet". And I'm not saying necessarily that Em's the best ever.....but he is the best "commercial" emcee out...and he did pay his dues in the underground circuit. Personally id rather have a Reflection Eternal (Common, Mos Def, Talib, etc) in my stereo, rather than someone talking shit thru the whole song i.e. Benzino......btw...that was the WORST excuse of trying to be a "real deep" emcee i think Ive ever scene....he needs to stick to running a so-so magazine and being the butt of peoples jokes.....

hh?
what do u mean by Qwels voice is suspect to some?

Atomic Rico
Whoah rap fans, dont bust a cap in me!
I didnt say rap was crap(Me made a rhyme!)
Cmon, you gotta admit they are materialistic, theres no denying it

Dr. Strangelove
Question Atomic Rico. Have you heard of any of these artists?

MF Doom
Blackalicious
De La Soul
Oliver Hart
Sage Francis
Mos Def

Atomic Rico
Actually yeah, yeah I have
the only one I like from that list is Mos Def

hh?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Afro Cheese
You can dislike them all you want.. none of those artists are materialistic.

koolruningz
I cant imagine anyone not liking Blackalicious. Especially if you think hip hop artists are materialistic, they would be a breath of fresh air.

Darth Subjekt
by suspect i mean, that a lot of supposed hip hop "fans" who dont appreciate it in its true form, hear his voice and notice that is very different from what we hear on radio and Mtv....which i cant stand anyway. I like his voice because its different, but they hear that its higher pitched and not like a Meth type voice or deep voice with a heavy accent. I wasnt dissin him at all. I think he's ahead of his time really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.