i know why ppl dont like harry potter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iluvpippin
ok, firstly i apologise if i say harry potty. i love harry potter, but i call it harry potty, seriously i've read each book 5 times. and im not a reader, i love them and oonce i finish lord of the rings series im gonna read harry potty again! um, ok, anyways i know why people hate harry potter and i hate the reason! it's only because they havn't read the books! like, anyone who says thay hate it havn't read it im like 'seriously guys u should read em theyre the best books ive ever read and theyre 50000000000 times better than the movie' an their like 'im not into wizarding books' an im like 'yeah neither am i but i luv harry potty!' but they just dont trust me. i got my best friend to read harry potty and she's the least person to read at all an she luvs em and is onto the second time of readin them (im very proud of her!)
or the other reason is they start reading the frist chapter and stop coz its so boring. i have to admit, the first 7 times i tried to read harry potty, i hated the first chapter, but now ive read the whole things i LOVE that chapter. anyway, thats why ppl dont like harry potty.

*Danii*
Yeah, I get what you mean. People are all like "Oh my god, you like HARRY POTTER, how sad are you!" and I'm just like "Get a life!".
Its the same for PotC and TLOTR. I get totally slagged for liking them-even by my FRIENDS!!!
Although I don't like the first 2 HP books.

Orlando Bloom03
Sorry I hate Oh I don't want to type it.......

Harry Potter

Jeff_Atello
ah, whatever. What are reasons for not liking it?

I hate LotR, though.

VanHRH
thats soooo true!! i was the same way. I was always confused on why ppl loved HArry Potter and why even grown ups were crazy over the damn stories...........that is untill i read the first book. i didnt want to read it, but i had read everything eles i had and i REALLY wanted to read something becasue i was BORED out of my mind that sunday......and long story short....i became a fannatic by like the 3rd book. Now im just GA-GA over harry pooter. ppl will be like. "wait u like Harry Potter????" and i tell them the same thing......"why dont u give it a try...ill bet u'll be loving HP as much as i do" of course no ones taken my offer yet.....but im close to getting mark to read it....so we'll see....right!!!

elijah_crazy
YEH....I think your rite 2, my friend got me onto harry potter and l8r i finished the whole series and i was obsessed wif hp and den TOTALLY OBSESSED wif daniel radcliffe that went on for like 1 1/2 yrz den my olda bro and my bestest friend got me onto lotr but she dont like reading so she just watches the movies but i loved lotr beta when i read the book. But u cant get her to read for millions!

tigress
anyone who dosent like harry potter is mental its good to escape to harrys world and escape the insanity of our world at least in harrys world theres hope while our world is goin to the ok getting to intense now i know what i mean anyway

azyne
I'm almost done the Hobbit, and my teacher's forcing me to read LotR before watching the movies, but you know Lotr got best picture so that means it's AWESOME so the books will be awesome too. I love HP to death, seriously, and JKR and JRRT are both geniuses.

iluvpippin
i think all the stuff bout lord of the rings, the books are sooooo much different to the movie! i know all books are, but like the movie adds things and makes stuff up and everything and im like 'wait that didnt happen' an i get so confused! yeah, and like tigress said, its sooo good to just like go to hogwarts and remember all the stuff from last year...a bit like starting skool again in our life and seein our friends, but so much better!

Unicor777
Yep... you are right guys about reading the books, but I also thing that another reason is because the HP books speak about some values that the nowadays word has abandoned... I haven't read LOTR but I have seen the movies... I can not read them now, HP I saw the first two movies and then continued reading the books... So ppl don't like HP because they are ashame to admit they respect those values in this hopeless world as some one before said... me no prob to speak loud about those values.. love, friendship, good win... Speaking of which any fresh info when the 6 book will come out?... Even my girlfriend says I'm childish for reading and getting crazy about the HP books..although I'm 25

xoxoheartxoxo
i know what u mean its like only dorks like hp
but i like hp and im not a dork lol well i think im not
but i also love lotr hehehe to me its like the grown up version of hp but i still love it

xoxoheartxoxo
woa 25 lol

Bloom4ever
Well let's see, there's only one safe explanation for this.... stick out tongue
the world is divded into those who appreciate good literature incl. hp and esp. lotr, and those who hate it and i stand strongly that i love both bks

tigress
iam 25 to have read lotr i loved it but felt as though i was cheating on harry oh my god ive got to much time on my hands i love harry potter series if they dont publish book six soon iam going to end up in therapy laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

punkyhermy
I HATE LOTRs!!!i tried reading it,i really didi but i fell asleep in th emiddle of it!
as for harry potter,i think it is underestimted!it is NOT just for kids!!!!!!
and i hate it when ppl give me the "it-is-s0-immature-how-can-u-like-it"
look!!!!!
i am sick and tired of it!!!!!!

tigress
I agree with the fact that hp is not just for the kids. as i said b4 iam 25 iam trying to get my other half to read them but he wont yet every time harrys in divination iam howling laughing read it to him and he enjoys the bits i read to him he thinks iam sad but i think he may be a closet potter reader i might be getting through to him i'll have to keep trying

weegie
I have four close friends. Me and weasel (hi weasel, if your reading this) are mad about HP and we are constantly talking about it in school and out of school, and, well, all the time. Another of my friends has recently started reading HP as well (for the second time but it was a long time ago) and now shes always reading it, and has started being as mad about it as me and Weasel. But our other friend hates it, she moans and moans when we start talking about it and tells us (me in particular) to grow up. She hasn't read the books and i don't think shes seen the films. But you all have made me decide to force her into reading the books. I don't think it will be easy but i am going to make sure she likes it, lol.
reading

Unicor777
yep..... ones just needs to take the first step and read the books and then his comments can be consider , I really don't understand how can ppl coment about something they have no clue about

iluvpippin
exactly! and i prefer harry potter to lotr coz lotr is so hard to read coz tha writin is sooo small and half the time, ill read a paragraph and realise i didnt take in one word of it! however in harry potter i love every single word of it!

Aldaron
Both LOTR and Harry Potter are great. Rowling probably got the idea for Dementors from the Ringwraiths.

shaber
The Dementors are "depression personified," but yes, that Grim Reaper Image is used alot in fantasy - Tolkein certainly didn't make it up!

big gay kirk
Some people don't like Harry Potter for the same reason that some don't like cumberland sausage...

big gay kirk
Its because they have no taste...

steely balls
i didn't like the first 2 books either i didn't like the first book at all, so i idn't finish it then, i read the second one a couple months later and then the third one got me hooked. i used to call people who read harry potter witches and made fun of them, i was a new person after i read harry potter.

Unicor777
ok...JK might have taken the idea from there , but also might have not.... all those creatures are part of mythology ... and mythology belongs to no one... neither to JK nor to Tolkin... ok !

tigress
i totally agree with that

Orlando Bloom03
I know why I hate it.... I luv to read but the (Sorry I had to count which book it waz) fith book is too long!!!

tigress
go a chapter at a time then thats what i did but let yourself get carried away if you need a break pause after each chapter youll find that if you do youll end up reading 3-5 chapters at a time before needing a break

Joy2dWorld
Those who say they hate / dont like LOTR - count me in! never read the books & dont intend to - watched all 3 movies - it's over-rated. simple plot, too much ado.

nobody here says the HP book readers are immature - they understand that a book of 800+ pages CANT be for kids only.

BTW, i dont think JKR copied the ringwraiths - Dementors dont ride horses & carry swords or any weapon. Dementors are waaay cooler - they kiss!

Kitoky
The thing is alot of people are Christian so they might not be allowed to read Harry Potter and I think Lord of the Rings is best suited for their rules, it's not always in the matter of what is better it's in the matter of the person.

If there is an arguement about if JKR copied Tolkien or not let me tell you this now.

She did not copy, she was influenced by Tolkien's writing, she even said it herself.

And if another argument about how JKR copied Tolkien or not, I'll have Phoe close this thread.

rachy_rooxxxxxx
Hi Weegie, no u aint gonna go me reading hp EVER!!!!!!! im sorry but if i dnt like it then i dnt like it big deal! u cant force sum1 to like it!!! n i neva told u 2 grow uP!! i only moan cuz u talk bout it 24/7 and dnt talk bout normal things!!! lol bye rach xxx

rachy_rooxxxxxx
gonna get me****

wen i say normal i mean other lol!
wys ur name iluvpippin?? hav u got n e other names part from those 2??? rach

tigress
at the end of the day its down to the individual if ppl dont like it its up to them its their choice, no point giving ppl grief over it .

weegie

Unicor777
In fact I don't agree with this. Although my personal opinion goes in line that JK didn't copy anyone, but on another hand if ppl think oposite they should be able to say it, if they think so. And Whats this bullsh.. about closing the thread, I'm afraid that thats too much. What u think?

rachy_rooxxxxxx
Hi weegie, i dnt like harry potter cuz i aint into that kind of stuff. if u were in my place and ur 3 bst m8s was constantly talkin bout HP then wouldnt u feel left out and not included?????

uve got to c it from my point of view rach xx

rachy_rooxxxxxx
tigress was ur comment made at me or weegie?

tigress
no one loads of people i know away from the chat room agrue bout stuff i like harmony i dont comment bout anyony soz if you thought it was embarrasment smileno offence was meant honestly

tigress
i only think people should agree to disagree its down to personal choice everybodys different my familys split into over it iam stuck in the middle coz i like both though i must admit for me i do prefer hp but arguments arnt worth it lifes to short

Kitoky
If someone thinks that JKR copied off of LotR it's wrong, and if there's a big breakout of that, I'll have Phoe close this.

Unicor777
close it then!

xNataliex
I'm too lazy to read Lord of the Rings... the only thing I read from JR Tolkien was the Hobbit.. or something like that, & it was one of my choices to read for an english assignment. It was pretty short, & had pictures smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.