Whats your escape?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I was just sitting here being frustrated with the tribulations of life, blatantly overlooking the gift that life is. I have been stewing in all my trivial complaints and grievencances. Looking towords the future, dwelling on the past, and realizing the present, not being content with the outcome of decesions and becomming enraged about things that hold no bearing what so ever in my life. I know there are more important things that demand my time and thought, but i cant help but become lost in despair and anger from time to time. Even when i am fully aware of my current perspective, i stay in a distant haze from all society and just life in general.

When times like these occur, it seems as if i need an escape from my forced escape. Myself, there are not many things that i can turn to that rejuvenate the spirits of determination, and motivation. One thing that always seems to prevail for me is listening to Mozart's Pachabel in d major. I can sit alone for hours, just listening to that peice. Afterwards, i feel like a complete new person. Like a flower feeling the sun after long rain.

So, i ask you, what is your escape when life becomes to much, what re-aligns your wheels back on the track? I am just curious, because i know for me, just a simple five minute peice of music can change my entire perception and set the wrong things right. So what gets you through?

Scarpa
For me listing to a good rock or metal cd seem to make the world go away especially when ive got it at full blast

finti
dont need none

mechmoggy
1. Spending quality time with the wife
2. Having a good old drinking session
3. Watching football (+ soccer a.m., which cracks me up)
4. Visiting this website

Dazzler619
Watching a funny movie or listening to music

Prodigy
Day dreaming, writing, or something else artistic. Even if you stink at writing, just write what you feel like. This is one of the biggest helpers for me.
Take a walk. Enjoy the outdoors.
Listenening to music can help, but make sure it won't get you more depressed/frustrated.
Do something that will make you laugh!
Talk with someone you really like and care about, and who cares about you, as well.They can help you get straightened out.

KidRock
masturbating.. sleeping

hezzy_baby
it used to be dancing until i had to quit sad day dreaming, talking to somebody, listening to music or writing in my journal always makes me feel better smile

Capt_Fantastic
WELL SAID!

Darth Revan
A Perfect Circle

The Tired Hiker
Excercise; a long jog or bike ride seems to always help.

Linkalicious
hanging out with some chums and a bottle of rum. wink

Jackie Malfoy
I would say going to my room puting on some music and writting in my dairy.That calms me down most of the time or talking to my boyfriend on the phone.JM

Linkalicious
I don't smoke anymore, but a good old bong rip could turn you from fuming mad into a pretty mellow person.

All that really does is push away whatever you're trying to escape from....it doesn't solve the problem just delays it...

Silver Stardust
When I'm really upset, the only thing that'll calm me down is a good cry...

Most of the time, listening to music (APC in particular is good at calming me down when I'm in a bad mood), writing, and drawing.

wuTa
meditaion..weights...basketball...music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.