Tired of telemarkerters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Ran across this today. Unfortunately for us it's going to get worse. You have to call from the number you want to have registered with them. Brought to you from the Kansas Attorney Generals Office. smile

Starting Jan 1, 2005, all cell phone numbers will be made public to
telemarketing firms. This means that as of Jan 1, your cell phone may
start ringing with calls from telemarketers. But unlike your home phone,
most of you pay for your incoming calls. These type of telemarketer calls
will eat up your free minutes and end up costing you money in the long run.

According to the National Do Not Call List, you have until Dec. 15th 2004
to get on the national "Do not call list" for cell phones. You need to call
1-888-382-1222 from the cell phone that you wish to have put on the "do not
call list" to be put on the list. You can also register online at
http://www.donotcall.gov.

Scarpa
I dont have problems with them I just threaten to kill them with a chainsaw if they call back

Silver Stardust
Yeah I saw that....miffed

rwoonacott
Thank God for caller ID

big gay kirk
I got called up the other day... the conversation went something like this...
Telemarketer: I'd like to tell you about our free trial offer
Me: I'm not on trial...
TM: No sir, its about our new product trials
Me: Your product's on trial!? Why, what did it do...??
TM:It didn't do anything...
Me: Then why is it on trial???
TM: I don't think you understand... we're offering you a free trial
Me: But I haven't done anything... why would I want to be on trial??
TM: No, a trial of our product
Me: But I'm not a judge... I can't legally try anyone...
TM: **$$ This (hangs up.)
Me: How rude. (dials 1471and gets number)
Voice: Hello, ********** Marketing...
Me: I'd like to complain about the man who just called. He was very rude, and insisted that I was some sort of criminal....(Voice hangs up...)

I love it when telemarketers ring....

Mane
laughing Nice.

hezzy_baby
is that just in the US??

Capt_Fantastic
I emailed this to my entire department. You have several peoples thanks...

Clovie
i don't watch them big grin

Linkalicious
I had a telemarketer from Carnival Cruises call my cell phone yesterday. That's the first time I've had my cell phone reached by a telemarketer.

I gave that guy so much sh!t I hope he went home and hung himself.

I told him to get a real job and to stop harassing people during their day.

Thanks for the link though...i'll get registered today before it's too late.

Fire
you have to pay to get called?

Linkalicious
incoming and outgoing calls on cellphones cost people money if the call happens during a bad time for their service plan.

My plan gives me free weekends, free nights (after 9 PM until 7 AM), unlimited Walkie-talkie, and 500 anytime minutes.

If i waste those anytime minutes...then calls cost a rate for every minute I exceed the 500.

Jackie Malfoy
I hate when those people call.I just say one second please and hang up the phone.As rude as it sounds it is still fun.JM

Fire
weird in belgium you only pay the calls you make yourself you don't have to pay for ppl who call you

Linkalicious
some phone plans have free incoming calls all the time. And house phones generally get free incoming all the time as well.

Cell phones have so many different service plans, loop holes, and various ways of weasling money out of people.

I get charged 10 cents per text message I recieved....and everytime I get a voicemail my phone automatically sends me a text message. I had an additional $4.50 on my bill just from checking my voicemail...

THAT's weak.

Fire
What kind of schemes are they pulling on you. here you just pay when you call someone or when you text msg someone
receiving is free, paying to check your voice-mail? What the f**k?

only thing receiving you have to pay for are special kinds of text msgs for which you need to enlist yourself.

Silver Stardust
I don't even use my voicemail on my cell...I get charged so much for texts, though, because I always go over my plan on that...need to upgrade my plan I think.

Linkalicious
I upgraded my plan to unlimited text messages...it was only like another $7 a month, but the 10 cent per text message thing didn't get pointed out to me until I talked to the tech support person.

Worst thing is...it takes me like an hour to recieve/send a text message between my company and another cell company.

NexTel sucks...i don't recommend it, unless you use the walkie-talkie a lot.

Fire
still think it's weird here you have about 4 or 5 different plans per operator but I doubt any of them charge you for receiving

Linkalicious
There are like 15 plans for the company I use...NexTel.

If I had gotten the chance to use their service on like a trial membership...then I probably wouldn't have gotten it. Well that and if i didn't have like 20 friends with walkie-talkies.

BackFire
Telemarketers never bothered me, I always turn my phone off when I go to bed and turn it back on when I wake up, so they can't wake meu p anyways. Plus I have caller ID so if I see a number that isn't familiar I just won't pick up.

Silver Stardust
I have Cingular, which is pretty good...I need to upgrade my text plan, though.

Fire
my way is easy, I can't spend more than I have
I just go to a shop buy an amount of "calling value" ranging from 7 to 50 euros at a time and then I can spend it however I want sending txts dling stuff calling ppl.

big gay kirk
I had one of the very first mobile phones in England... all those years ago.... outgoing calls cost 1.50 a minute, incoming calls 1.00 a minute... the six volt lead acid battery was good for about six hours standby and five minutes talk time, and weighed four kilos.... the whole thing was as big as a briefcase... no texts, cos there was no screen... and a rotary dial.... oh, and it only worked if you were within ten miles of a receiving station...of which there were about ten in the whole country....

big gay kirk
if I remember rightly, our Office of Fair Trading decided it was illegal to charge for incoming calls, and that was that....

Dazzler619
Telemarkerters piss me off all the time mad

§pearhead
telemarkets are fun to play games with yes

Imperial_Samura
Ahh, the joys of Australia, no telemarketers. Every body should move to the land down under. Of course if that happens the Telemarketers will follow, so on second thoughts every body shouldn't move down under.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.