Anakin's Choice - How it will look on film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

davesmolo
I'm all for similarities between ROTS and ROTJ. One in particular I'm looking forward to is when Anakin truly lets the Dark Side consume him. We all know it will happen when Sidious is taking on Mace. Since it's been all but confirmed that Sidious will use lightning during the battle I can imagine the camera shot on Anakin being exactly like it was on Vader in ROTJ.

You'll see the light from the lightning reflecting off Anakin's face as he looks back and forth between Mace and Sidious (very similar to when he's watching the lightning from Sidious onto Luke).

Only this time we won't see the choice be made to destroy the emperor and he will attack Mace from behind. It will make that scene in ROTJ come full circle.

What do you think>

dmndleader
That would be awesome if the shot showed him "officially" turning to the dark side, just as it showed him turn back.

kremzike
Hmmmmm, that would be cool, and it'd make an already powerful OT moment have more meaning.

Stunrun
That would be awesome dave!wink

Morridini
Hmm, I like it. Let's just hope GL does it.

eXSBass
Great idea. I'm pretty sure this is what happends judging by the spoilers.

Darth_Nefarus
I think it would be even sweeter if Anakin and Palpatine roasted Mace Windu with force lightning, their powers combined. Mace blocks the lightning and rushes Palpatine with his last efforts, then Anakin slices him in half.

XX Emperor XX
That would be ultra cool darth nefarus.

Well it's said that Mace doesn't go out like a punk so it's gonna be a hell of a battle. I believe Sidious will injure Mace during their Battle Sidious will then back off. Sidious will then tell Anakin to finish Mace off. At which point we see Anakin struggle with what decision to make as Mace will try to talk Anakin into helping him, while Sidious will continue corrupting Anakin with his words. But of course we all know what he chooses making his dark side transformation complete.

Morridini
I think I read somewhere that Mace is winning the battle until Anakin finishes him off.

Stunrun
I believe all of this will happen inside Palps office, but Mace is later finished off outside on the balcony, but i do love your idea davewink

Jedi Priestess
Nice thought Dave thumbsup

Darth Subjekt
hmmm, really? Well it kinda makes you wonder how strong Mace is. If Palps can beat Yoda, but Mace can beat him.....hmmmm. I always thought that Yoda was the top dog, and Mace was kinda like 2nd in command. That should be a helluva damn good fight.....too....many....good....fights.....which will........be ....the ...best?

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! I CANT TAKE THIS WAIT.........very good idea though Dave. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

darthbrowneye
Dave, damn fine idea, that rock's!!! rock rock rock

Batman316
*falls to his knees and prays to the almight GL, please oh lord let it be so

Lyn
Nice idea Dave! thumb uphappy

mtryder
Wouldn't Mace getting zapped to death by Palpatine without even getting a real chance to fight back, to the point where his life was really Anakin's to save, kind of go against the whole 'he won't go out like a punk' thing?

Not to say that it's not a great idea- it's the best I've heard by far. But the fact that his ideas don't do nearly as good a job creating continuity and dramatic affect as they could doesn't seem to deter Lucas. Hell, I always assumed that Anakin used Force lightning to kill Padme, since that would explain why he never used force lightning himself, and why the sight of Luke getting electrocuted put him over the edge. And, completely separately, I always figured that he never got into Force choking until he was in the suit, whereupon it became a projection of his own inability to breathe upon others. But yeah, George blew two great opportunities at once by sticking in a random, not very well thought out idea that made little sense, unfortunately. And, also unfortunately, I think he'll do the same here.

theshakl
heeey..what is the big deal..i had posted a well thought out comment on this thread and its not here anymore......

(oh well...i'm too lazy to retype it)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.