Raising Helen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scott hiwersh
Anyone know anything about this one? I am guessing it will be a rather quality film, it does have Joan Cusack... Probably a good date film.

Kes
Trailer

Holcomb
I saw it last weekend and I found the movie to be very light-hearted and funny. I'm a fan of Kate Hudson too, so I enjoyed watching her on the big screen.

kali99
Looks cute to me.. I'm a huge romantic comedy sucker, so I've been looking forward to this for a while. Plus Joan Cusack is always hilarious.

caballera
the movie posters are so vague. everybody around school has been calling it "kate hudson wears uggs: the movie." what is it actually about?

kali99
From the trailer.. it's about Helen (kate hudson) who's this big fashion exec ... and suddenly inherits her sister's kids, after her sister dies in a car accident. So now she has to raise her sister's kids and try to juggle her own life.

scott hiwersh
That is hilarious... I am impressed with the cast... beinf a Northern Exposure fan, I am also glad to see Corbett in this one. I think Hudson is adorable...

Holcomb
"kate hudson wears uggs: the movie."

Are they referring to the poster.. just curious?

cermiestar
oh i saw this movie as part of a test audience, it's alright as far as rom coms go, fluffy, predictable and with a happy ending, the best things about it are the kid's turtle and the next door neighbour

Holcomb
i really enjoyed the ending too. I thought Joan Cusack did an excellent job also.. as well as Corbett. What were your thoughts on the characters?

scott hiwersh
I thought they were done very well... Hudson is so darn cute, but she proves that she can play a drama based character as well, during certain parts of this... Also, Corbett is great. He does a great job in this one...

silver_tears
Gag me with a spoon messed

I can't stand Kate Hudson stick out tongue
And I have yet to be impressed by one of her movies erm
Most are soppy little romantic comedies no expression

Holcomb
yeah but those sloppy little romantic comedies are sometimes great movies that "get you"..if you know what I mean..and plus gary marshal produced it..

scott hiwersh
I agree, and after seeing a number of movies this weekend, I would say Raising Helen is the best out there... Regardless of whether you like Kate Hudson or not...

babygurl1853
I haven't seen the film yet (It's not out here until the 27th) but I'm going to see it, just because of Hayden Panettiere

raising_kimmi
Does anyone think that there should be a Raising Helen 2? I think there should be just because it ended kind of funny ... just a thought and if you would like to know about this as well, respond back please!!!

raising_kimmi
what's the matter with you? don't you remember what it's like to be young? of course i do, it was last wednesday!!!!

botankus
Wow, you really got some major feedback for your marketing firm or whoever you work for.

If the sequel was called Killing Helen, I might see it. But only if you starred in it.

Aku
No

Cinemaddiction
I hate vague subject titles.

Imperial_Samura
Never saw the first one, and don't really have a desire to, unless someone pops up and says it is a must see thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.