Is zombies a fair statement for 28 days later?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McBane
Many people (myself included) refer to the creatures in 28 days later.
When thinking about this, is that a fair statement.
I zombie is classicaly known as the living dead whereas in 28 days later they are only filled with rage. they could be classed as dead in the way that they probably would never be bought back to their own self.

BackFire
I call them zombies, technically they aren't, but their formula is so zombie like that I can't help but just call them zombies.

dean7879
they aint technically zombies cos zombies are dead and the ones in 28 days later are alive...similar to zombies but ...are not zombies

Cinemaddiction
I got the 3rd degree for calling them zombies, so I call them by their scripted term; "infected".

Havoc470
yeah, they arent zombies, but theres no big deal in calling them zombies...they did all die at the end of hunger so the scripted term would be the right one

i dont care though, they're zombies

MildPossession
Not zombies or a zombie sub genre film, but I don't care if people call them zombies.

I saw 28 Days Later at screening here when it was released in England and Boyle was there answering questions at the end, he said himself they were not zombies.

forumcrew
they are raged humans

tabby999
question answered, backfire, close this sucker down.....(this is me pretending to have some kind of power)

Evil Dead
I just call them "the infected".........because that's what they are .......and that's what they are referred to as in the film.

SlipknoT
They arnt zombies, but thats what reffer to them as.

Wolfie
I call them zombies even though they're still alive. They're the same thing as zombies basically.

dean7879
not really....thats like me calling a dog, a cat....both similar....4 legs, eat shit and sleep...but they aint the same technically...so no i dont agree with callin em zombies...but thats just me Happy Dance

Darth_Big_Boy
The "Infected" sounds good to me.

Major Knight
I call them zombies to(even though i know there not).

Cinemaddiction
If I ever saw a dog or cat eating shit, I'd die.. laughing

roundisfunny
Dogs sometimes do eat their own feces (Vincent Vega says so).

Major Knight
All animals usually do when they are small (sometimes old), but only if the feces is small enough, but thats usually rabbits.

Scarpa
They arent really zombies But I Call um zombies

dean7879
why call em something that there not
i know..i'll call freddy kruger a zombie

eggmayo
I just call them zombies, I dont care for the technical side, its a movie dammit.

PissedOffGoalie
i wouln't call them zombies..more like crazy cannibalistic humans

Cinemaddiction
They don't eat flesh, their main purpose is to only spread the virus.

The Tired Hiker
Yeah, I think they qualify as zombies.

tabby999
look, the infected in 28 Days Later ARNT'T zombies. i understand somepeople call them that but realise they arn't, but for those of you who think they ARE zombies, they are NOT ZOMBIES! they are people infected by the rage virus. if they are killed by the infected, thats it, its all over, but it they intake blood/dna, they become infected. they arn't dead, but infected. get it?

MildPossession
My dog doesn't eat shit, he just sticks his nose in it.

eggmayo
I just cant be bothered to use any technical terms.

T.M
the "zombies" in resedent evil are just people infected with a virus also the didn't die.

did they? messed

Evil Dead
no.......the guys in R.E. are dead...........it's some sort of virus that reanimates dead cells.......which was originally inteded for use in some sort of age defying cream I believe. These people have already died.......and their cells are reanimated by this virus.

eggmayo
You actually see them die in Resident Evil. When they pump Halon Gas into the place near the elevator, and when the 3 people drown in that tank.

T.M
oh yeah i remember now my mistake embarrasment

dean7879
am i the only one that hates resident evil?

DaneBramage
I would refer to them as "the infected".

Napalm
Why does everybody have to be so picky? Its a movie for hells sake!

MildPossession
Dean sorry, I liked parts of Resident Evil...smile

Cinemaddiction
Because we're nerds, and we all have to be right.

eggmayo
I love Resident Evil, dunno why.

Mane
Resident Evil was really good

Cinemaddiction
Ditto. yes

McBane
i didnt realise this post would cause so much arguement lol
Carry on!

dean7879
resident evil is crap..why cant u get it into your thick skulls...ay!?
u sick sons a bitches!
lol just kiddin
i like your sig c-dic..id like u to tell me how u did it now! or all hell will break loose lol

Cinemaddiction
1) I took the "SOTD" logo, which was black on white, made it a negative image. It was stacked, so I broke the words up and placed them horizontally. I then took the "D", edited it into a "C", took the "H", edited it into a "I", and took the "N" and "E" and made it read "CINE".

2) For the image, I had my girlfriend photo me infront of a white sheet. I took an old shirt, used red food coloring and splattered my shirt, making it gleefully gory! Looks real, eh?

3) The blood splatter in the background was from a forensics website, lol. I lightened it, and layered it in the background.

Original signature:
http://www.corsicas.com/corys/shaunsig.jpg

New signature:
http://www.corsicas.com/corys/cinesig.jpg

Mane
YOU'RE GOOD! eek!

MornGlory
HOW MANY 28 days later THREADS ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tabby999
i agree, c-dic has flair, thanks once again for my sig cory

dean7879
cool..nice on thumb up....im crap at photoshop so i wont bother to attempt it lol

eggmayo
Yeah, that sig is hella cool.

Cinemaddiction
/austinpowers

A-thank you..a-thank you..

/endaustinpowers

..oh, and there are a few 28DL threads, but they generally go un-active. This one is specific, and so we'll let it be.

Napalm

ironmovies
They arent proper zombies but theyre runnin on 1 instinct and feelin and don care who or wat they kill but zombies CANT RUN if they cn theyre not zombies hello dawn of the dead remake

Cinemaddiction
They never died.

eggmayo
I thought an automaton was someone who did things on impulse, IE, Romero thought of the idea for Dawn Of The Dead whilst in a mall, he felt surrounded by these zombie-like creatures, being drawn to the mall.

Cinemaddiction
Not so much impulse, but by learned instinct, but you are correct. The practical definition of being automated doesn't necessarily apply to the deceased, as that's covered under re-animation.

Boy. Dr. Herbert West would have a field day with this thread. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.