HULK -- CGI or not CGI?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lukester
Personally I know that Hulk should be GCI, because he's meant to be like 15 foot tall, and green!

He looked fantastic and SO lifelike in the 1st film. and technologies only got betta since then.

TheFilmProphet
In the Mighty Joe Young film they created a 15 foot animatronic gorilla who had millions of individual hairs placed on it.

A 15 foot animatronic Hulk would even easier.

NoFate007
I think The Hulk looked fake in the movie, and that he looked pathetic with Ferigno. I think that comics and cartoons have been the only times he looks ok. Unless they fix the CGI, I think if they make a sequel (which I really hope they don't), it'll bomb.

barand1
I think Hulk looked great. He look 100% 'realistic'. Groundbreaking!
The film was Okay but I thought it was a bit too long. I think of more of a science fiction/ drama. Well directed and acted 4/5. CG Hulk 5/5.

MildPossession
The trailers made the CGI look horrendous, but for most of the movie I was very happy with the CGI, especially the detail on Hulks face.

The dogs looked quite crap though.

barand1
no i think the dogs looked ok. with many CGI work in movies they look average but when you look at them close up they look real. I can't really remember the trailers though.

MildPossession
I found them to look stupid.

Mainstream
the dogs? me too.

ayjay
i heard they planning to make the hulk smaller in the sequal....so he's more relatable to the other characters...wat utter crap...hulk is big...unl;ess they make him grey hulk..he should be massively huge

lukester
The only reason why Hulk looked a little strange in the movie was because he was 15 foot tall and green.

I they were to make him 6' tall and give him human coloured skin then he would look basically just like a real person.

He looked ever so realistic in Hulk, that's why I liked the film so much.

hulksamasks
There is no one massive enough to portray the hulk,To not make the hulk CGI would be depriving the true hulk fans for the sake of others CGI is here to stay,I cannot think of a better use of it except maybe Revenge of the Sith.Animatronics would work for a TV series maybe but i know we are past the point of human actors portraying the HULK

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by hulksamasks
Animatronics would work for a TV series maybe but i know we are past the point of human actors portraying the HULK

I'm not sure a TV series could afford something like that. If mixed with some certain amount of CGI I think Hulk 2 can definitely work with animatronics. Just think about Jurrasic Park 1,2,3, Mighty Joe Young, Mortal Kombat, and Aliens only with a much larger budget and superior technology and techiniques of 2006.

hulksamasks
good point (i was kidding about the tv show)

Zod4Life
A CGI Hulk is the best way to go but Lou Ferrigno did a good job as the Hulk too.

Hulk Power
The only reason they used Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk back in the eighties is because the technology to make a computer animated Hulk didn't exist yet. I think that the Hulk in part two will look better because the first on came out three years ago. Three years is quite an improvement in computer graphics and animation. At least thats why I think that the new Hulk movie will have better graphics than the first one.

Zod4Life
Me too and I hope that the movie will be about 2 hours and 35 minutes so that we get to see alot of goodies.The first Hulk was great and I'm really looking forward to the Hulk 2.

I still think that Lou Ferrigno did a good job as the Hulk.

Freaky Zeeky
Hulk looks good in CGI, if they made him look like Thing it'll annoy alot of fans IMO.
embarrasment

Zod4Life
It sure would annoy me if he looked like the Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.