The battle of Alderaan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
Will there even be one? Alderaan is said to have developed a philosophy of pacifism after the horrors of the Clone Wars. I have not seen spoilers or even any mention of battle on Alderaan. I think this is an iportant piece of history that I hope GL does not leave out.

Any thoughts?

Darth Surgent
There will be no Battle of Alderaan. I'll place a $500 bet on that.

jedijunky1138
explain please.

GCG
is Alderaan 1 of the new planets for the PT ?

.:Space Opera:.
aleraan is leias homeworld

bilbofett
Alderaan has always been peaceful, the clone wars did not begin their pacifism. There has been NO mention of a battle on Alderaan or an a few others as well (Naboo, Tattoine, Dantuine, etc....) There has been NO info leaked from anywhere to suggest a battle will occur on Alderaan.

GCG
i was under the impression that we will not see Alderaan in ROTS

BAILY
I think Alderaan will be in there near the end. But there will be no fighting there

jedijunky1138
I Don't know where you get your facts but you need to find a new source. I know that the guide to the star wars universe may in part be EU but it plainly states that Alderaan became peaceful AFTER the clone wars. Now do not confuse my original post with EU but some of my thoughts came from this book.

Ushgarak
That Alderan became pacifist because of the Clone Wars was a theory that cropped up around the time of the development of TPM, and after. Interesting to see that this fan theory has filtered into EU reference works but at the end of the day no usable comment has ever actually been made on either why Alderan is pacifist, or how long, so anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

Batman316
with so much other stuff going on in the 2hrs 20mins or so I find it highly unlikely Alderaan will have any roll to play. We may see baby Leia and Bail Organa on it but no more than a brief flash

"Clone Wara was a theory that cropped up around the time of the development of TPM, and after"

are you talking about movie life or real life?

Smullie
Alderaan will only be seen at the end of the movie. Bail retreats there with baby Leia, the droids and..... JarJar.....

FLUCK! JAR JAR IS IN THE MOVIE!? I THOUGH HE DIED IN THE CLONE WARS>

Xam
The battle of Alderaan blink

sounds cool to me.

Xam
i say there is no "battle of alderaan",the only great thing that happened there is the DEATH STAR blowing it up big grin

Ushgarak
Real life.

Cipher
I think Bail Organa should terminate Jar Jar because he knows too much......

jedijunky1138
If Alderaan was always pacifist and had no weapons then why in one of the earlier web docs do we see blasters for (and I quote) " The Alderaan crew"? They are supposed to have no weapons. However Ush, this thing about the theory starting during the development of TPM is wrong. This book that I have is copyrighted 1994 this is well before TPM's development. But hey.... It is EU none the less.

ArthasKnight
Maybe Alderaan went all peaceful after the Clone Wars not because of involvement in the Clone Wars themselves but because they'd heard news, after the wars ended, of the devastation caused on other worlds. Maybe this told them that violence and weapons weren't for them and then they went all peaceful after the end of the war.

jedijunky1138
Could be..... So you think the devastation was not on Alderaan but the visuals were enough to convince them to lay down there arms?

eleveninches
"alderaan is a peaceful planet, we have no weapons"

Smullie
They talked about the crew for the Alderaan cruiser, Tantive IV (sounds familiar??). And then it's a whole other story. This shuttle delivers Yoda to Dagobah, Obi to Tatooine and Bail, the twins, the droids and... JarJar(----> hench: we need blasters!!)

Ushgarak
Well that's odd... what with them not knowing what the wars were at the time... well, as a direct spiece of plot speculation it started at the TPM time anyway.

As for them being armed- well, Leia was armed in the OT as well, as was her crew. Pacifist or otherwise, needs must...

"
Real life."

wait im pretty sure that the clone wars idea was thought up before ep.4 i can remember ben talking to luke about the jedi and the clone wars if thats what you ment.

NoFate007
I don't think Leia meant that nobody in the entire planet has any type of guns or weapons, that'd be ridiculous. I'm nearly certain she meant that they don't have an active army, a massive war fund or anything like that. By having no weapons, she means that they are not a planet that goes to war, not that no traces of weapons can be found on the planet.

"The battle of Alderaan..."

.....where padme dies?

Cheesiness
This C + P job is from the Alderaan StarWars Databank expanded universe...

The planet had no weapons or military force, but it wasn't always so. During the Clone Wars, violence and warfare almost destroyed Alderaan. As a result, Viceroy and First Chairman Bail Organa outlawed all weapons, and declared a state of peace. This period of regrowth was spectacular, and Alderaan was renowned for its beauty, hailed as the "Bright Center of the Universe."

So now you know.

ArthasKnight
You'll note the words 'expanded universe' in there....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.