The meaning of Life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
On the time scale of the history of the Earth or the universe, an individual human lifetime is a mere blink of an eye. A drop of water in an endless sea.

It makes every minute of our little lifes meaningless and pointless, all our petty problems, wars, posessions and fears are nothing if you think about it...

We're born, we live, we breathe, we eat, we love, get sick and we die.

What is the point of living?
If we're all going to be dead in the end anyway, what difference does it make what we do with our lives? Does the finality of death make life meaningless?

If there is an All-wise Creator why did he put humans on this earth? Is there a meaning to human life, unrealized by most people?

What is our destination? What is our origin? Evolution? That's just a theory of how life started.

Not an answer to everything we see around us.
Not an answer to why atoms react, how the universe came
to be...
Not an answer to why you're sitting behind your PC breathing, thinking and reading this..

Is it all a bad joke; that we're able to ask ourselves the question why? but we'll never understand the answer... isnt that a cruel, heartless thing?

When I die, I'll probably see my creator, if ask It, Why? why all the years suffering? Will it answer; "Aaah come on dude, I waz bored, it's was all just a little cynical joke!"

Does anything exist beyond our own consciousness?

There are many bright people visiting these forums, And I would like to read your philosophies on this topic.

And people lets respect each others opinion, beliefs and religions!

KidRock
I try not to think of these things.. becuase by the time you find an answer your life is over

Adam_PoE
There is no purpose.

Pragmatically speaking, it makes as much or as little difference as it relates to your experience.

No.

No.

No.

There is no destination.

What difference does it make?

Conceivably.

No.

Upon death, you will cease to exist and therefore, will not have such an opportunity.

Cosmic_Beings
Damn it, I know what you mean! When you die, you cease to exist, and it will be like you never even existed. It won't even be black, because black won't exist; nothing will. Not even thought. It's times like this when I get motivated to do something with my pathetic time-wasting life, but they never last very long at all, and I get back to wasting time again....

finti
meaning of life is to live it

Vampy
Meaning of life?

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth

Grim Reaper: You are all dead. I am Death.
Host: Well, that's cast rather a gloom over the evening, hasn't it?

there.

Storm
What Is The Meaning Of Life?

I think that each person creates meaning that is specific to their own life. Someone may find meaning in helping to end poverty while another finds their meaning in the development of their mind. Both of these pursuits would be considered very noble but neither answer the underlying desire for ultimate meaning or purpose beyond this life. Whatever meaning a person created would be limited to the few short years of their life.

Jackie Malfoy
This thread is kind of making me depress.But look on the brigher side of things.We will not know the meaning of life until we are dead I think.In the meanwhile I am going to keep on living my life as if it is the end!JM

Arachnoidfreak
Already a thread like this, and the meaning of life is to live. Finti has the right idea.

PissedOffGoalie
Life's a *****, then you die

Evy_O
... so *something something* and let's get high no expression
that's the complete version stick out tongue

WindDancer
Meaning of life is simple....meet someone you like....have sex....and bring new life into the world. If you can't bring new life just adopt. It really is that simple...

frodo34x

Raz
Please use the topic located here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f75/t295605.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.