being banned / forum difficulties

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Decimator
hi guys i belong to another forum on the net and i think that i may have been banned , when i log onto the site all works as it should however when i select a thread it opens up but i cant see any of the threads in there except for the ones that i myself started , if i log out the site works fine , i emailed the administrator and told him my problem and asked him if i had been banned however i recieved no response at all , 3 weeks later someone on the forums started a thread asking if anyone knew where i was or if i had been banned to which the administrator never responded , then last night i emailed him again and very politely drew his attention to the thread about me , asked him if he had any answers about my problem and i also asked if he could drop me a line to atleast let me know if i had been banned , then this morning i still had no reply and upon checking the site logged out i noticed that the thread about me had dissapeared , this makes me wonder if maybe the administrator has it in for me or something , anywayz the reason for this lengthy rant is i was wondering can anyone tell me if what i described above is what happens when one has been banned from a forum site such as this , or if anyone has any words or such that could be useful im open to any ideas and or suggestions , thank you for your time

cheers

Storm
When a member has been banned, they get a message with the reason why they were banned and for how long. They' ll still be able to read the different threads but won' t be able to respond. Instead of a title (Senior Member with you) beneath their username, there will be 'Restricted'.

Jackie Malfoy
Not all the time actlly.I was ban from a site and they gave me no warning I just found out that I could not log in and it said that I was ban.It was a stupid site anyway.
If you don't mind me asking what site did you get ban from?JM

Clovie
imo it is rather some bug than a ban erm

Raz
This doesn't relate to this forum, so is not suitable here.

frodo34x
Portent, the forums where i learned VB code, and still my main forums, despite KMC, has a good banning system.
You get a strike if you do stuff wrong. 3 Strikes and your banned.
They also have custom ranks only for people with 3k+ posts, and certain ranks at certain levels of posts.

I still love KMC cause it has a spamming forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.