I was just thinking...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I just thought of this because of the Goth thread and D-Double's post the other day about his dreadlocks.

If people get offended by people's comments when they dress weird, why do they dress weird?

For years I thought that goths and people with other unusual looks dressed the way they did and weren't bothered by people pointing them out (and I'm talking about nice comments btw).
Last year I was a Freshman in college and started doing a lot of weird things with my hair. Our school president is the nicest guy and he' will come and talk to everybody in the most friendly way. To me, he often tells me how fun it is to see me because every week for a couple months it seemed that I had a different hair style. At lunch one day, I just happened to be sitting at a table with a bunch of people and this girl across the table always has weird punk like hair. The president came up to me and said, "I like your hair today. It excites me everytime I see something different on you." There was no sarcasm, the guy was simply being nice as always. Once he left, the girl said, "Don't you hate that" in a bitchy voice. I asked her "What?" and she told me "When people say something about our hair because it looks different."

This threw me off because I have no problem doing weird things for fun because it doesn't bug me when people approach me. Yet this girl apparently gets offended everytime she gets a compliment about her hair because she knows the only reason it was complimented was because it was different. So why does she do it? Why does anybody who gets offended by things like this do odd things with their looks? It is stupid. Somebody help me out here.

Filth
It is simple he over steped he boundres, it may seem like a compliment be it is making you the center of attention you mayaswell walk round with a sign on your head saying look at my hair because thats what is happening.

Myth
But if I couldn't take the attention, why would I draw it to myself by doing something out of the ordinary? That would be just stupid. I think this girl is an ideot if she draws attention to herself knowingly yet gets offended when she receives attention.

Arsenal
I know what you mean Myth. Alot of Goths I know don't like being looked at.

Myth
Some are even more different (like this girl). I understand in some situations. Many goths dress the way they do to fit in with a group, not to be weird, but to be normal to their groups. The girl I'm talking about hangs out with normal looking people so I she doesn't do it to fit in. Yet she is offended by the attention. It is retarded.

Filth
Tell me do you like being looked at i mean realy staired at, i get this all the time i walk through town and people are looking at me saying stuff about me, this girl was being very ignorant tho

Myth
I understand that people don't like being looked at like freaks. Nobody likes that (well, some). But yeah, even when its a compliment she is offended. People who dress differently should be able to take some of the unusual looks (not excessive).

Arsenal
I second that.

BakaXero
thinking is trouble...
i wish i never have to think...
at least i cant go insane if i dont think...

Arsenal
I've always been crazy but it kept me from going insane.

BakaXero
think too much and i promise you my friend you'll get there

Arsenal
Teach me the ways of the Sith.

BakaXero
WOW!!! thats too advance for me...

Arsenal
In that case, I have surpassed you and become the master.

BakaXero
um... if you say so...huh

shifty

Arsenal
Don't make me destroy you with my lightsaber you little insect!

BakaXero
ok wateva you say
your the boss

Arsenal
Don't you forget it (puts away lightsaber)

BakaXero
shifty

Arsenal
blink

Myth
STOP STARING JUST BECAUSE I LOOK DIFFERENT!!! mad

Jackie Malfoy
It does not brother me at all.If someone calls my sister goth because of what she wears and what she belives in then that is fine.She told me just because someone says you are something does not mean that they are right.
So that is what I thought when I read the gothic thread or was libeled as a punk rocker.Which btw I am not.I am a free spirt through.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.