oscars tonight!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
yep, all the debatings about to come to an end. for about 3 months :P

Edna Witch
Why what happens in three months?

BackFire349
more movies come out and people will start to argue again.

Dim
The winners:

ACTOR -- LEADING
Denzel Washington
TRAINING DAY

ACTOR -- SUPPORTING
Jim Broadbent
IRIS

ACTRESS -- LEADING
Halle Berry
MONSTERS BALL

ACTRESS -- SUPPORTING
Jennifer Connelly
A BEAUTIFUL MIND

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
SHREK
Aron Warner

ART DIRECTION
MOULIN ROUGE
Catherine Martin (Art Direction) and Brigitte Broch (Set Decoration)

CINEMATOGRAPHY
LORD OF THE RINGS
Andrew Lesnie

COSTUME DESIGN
MOULIN ROUGE
Catherine Martin and Angus Strathie

DIRECTING
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Ron Howard

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
MURDER ON A SUNDAY MORNING
Jean-Xavier de Lestrade
and Denis Poncet

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
THOTH
Sarah Kernochan and Lynn Appelle

FILM EDITING
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Pietro Scalia

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
NO MAN'S LAND
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Directed by Danis Tanovic

MAKEUP
LORD OF THE RINGS
Peter Owen and
Richard Taylor

MUSIC (SCORE)
LORD OF THE RINGS
Howard Shore

MUSIC (SONG)
MONSTERS, INC.
"If I Didn't Have You"
Music and Lyric by Randy Newman

BEST PICTURE
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Brian Grazer and Ron Howard

SHORT FILM -- ANIMATED
FOR THE BIRDS
Ralph Eggleston

SHORT FILM -- LIVE ACTION
THE ACCOUNTANT
Ray McKinnon and Lisa Blount

SOUND
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Michael Minkler, Myron Nettinga and Chris Munro

SOUND EDITING
PEARL HARBOR
George Watters II and Christopher Boyes

VISUAL EFFECTS
THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Jim Rygiel, Randall William Cook, Richard Taylor and Mark Stetson

WRITING (ADAPTED)
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Written by Akiva Goldsman

WRITING (ORIGINAL)
GOSFORD PARK
Written by Julian Fellowes

BackFire349
halley barrey was ridiculous...thats all i have to say.

ToMacco
She gave the best performace in her movie, no question. But I thought Sissy Spacik would win.

BackFire349
im talking about her damn acceptence speech, forcing tears like that. if she's so good at acting then why cant she fake tears properly.

FLIPMODE
These were ToMacco's words to me almost exactly 3 months ago in the thread titled "Oscar Predictions"...*ahem* now you were saying?

I'll take my thousand in small bills please. big grin

WOOHOOO DENZEL WASHINGTON! I told you his performance was the Best. It's just unfortunate many people did'nt see this movie. I'ts really not your AVERAGE undercover cop movie. It's waaay better. The movie is Flawless, and you even catch yourself caring for Denzel's Character, but he's pretty much evil wrapped up in a socially positive package. Best performance of his career next to Malcom X. The DVD came out this Tuesday, I hope all who did'nt see it Pick this DVD up. I can say this, If you bought the Momento DVD, and liked it, then You'll LOVE this movie. Just because it's better than Momento, dont expect to see a backwards movie, just a better one.

BackFire349
im glad he won, he deserved it more then russel crowe anyday.

King Jedi
A.I or Pearl Harbour should have won the visual effects Oscar. They were both much better than LOTR.

Texas
Halle Berry's acceptance speech was the best part of that long ceremony. Very moving and from the heart, I dont know where your getting all this fake tear bull shit from! roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm glad Russel Crowe didn't win, next time he'll think twice before attacking and choking producers and biting chunks out of people's necks! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whoppi Goldberg was hillarious!! rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
It was kind of a boaring show this year, wasn't it? They gave two lifetime awards, or something. *yawn*

BackFire349
thought her speech was laughable, i think she probably had a few tears coming, and just started to force them quite a bit. i mean, she was going crazy.

Texas
She's gonna go down in the history books for being the first African American woman to win an Oscar in a leading role. I think that's a good excuse to go a little crazy.

I wouldn't say it was boaring ToMacco, just way toooo long. I thought it was pretty funny and entertaining actually.

ToMacco
It was the longest in Oscar history.

No, it wasn't boaring, really. It just dragged on FOREVER, like you said.

But I was entertained. Basically everyone who should have won, did win. Accept for Best Actor, but I'm not mad about that.

BackFire349
i think peter jackson shoulda won best director, and monsters in shoulda won best animated. and i wanted lord of the rings to win best movie. but i wasnt surprised that it didnt.

ToMacco
Sorry, man. I gotta disagree with you there.

Monsters Inc. was a little too frightening for little children. Shrek was by far the best animated feature.

Ron Howard and his team undoubtedly was the best crew on the best picture of the year.

My hat is off to the Oscars this year. They did a good job. (minus Crowe) But him losing is understandable.

BackFire349
i think monsters inc is over all a better movie then shrek, its MUCH more creative as far as the story line goes, shrek is good, but its more of a modification on the beauty and the beast story, and peter jackson has one of the most creative styles and distinctive styles of directing, but of course, stanley kubrick never won an oscar and he's one of the most innovative directors ever, so, take that for what you will.

ToMacco
True, true.

But Ron Howard is long overdue to win an Oscar. He's made SOOO many good movies. Paranthood, Backdraft, Apollo 13, Cocoon just to name a few.

BackFire349
yeah, ron howard is a good director, so its cool that he finnaly gets one, i think peter jackson will have other chances anyways.

ToMacco
Of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.