MAce Windu vs. Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Yep, that's right, another "SnakeEyes Duel Thread"

I was trying to think of a good match between 2 sub-characters, both good this time, and for some reason this one came to mind.

Kyp Durron is from the EU and is in the NJO series as well as some before it. He is young (in his twenties maybe) and very powerful. Became a Jedi MASTER at a very young age, and has power that rivals Luke.

Mace on the other hand is one bad mutha... I have read comics, books and seen some Clone Wars episodes and he seems only second to Yoda (out of the Jedi of his time). He killed Jango without that much of a fight... but could he do the same to Durron!

Vote and Discuss wink

Master Kadub
This is not a serious discussion is it........

Mace Windu hands down.....

SnakeEyes
Why would u say that?

chilled monkey
Mace definately. He became a member of the Council when he was in his teens after all. He's got more experience, he's very powerful (watch Clone Wars for example). Plus, in lightsabre combat, his Form 7 style will slice Kyp into pieces.

Darth_Nefarus
On the Star Wars website, under the character databank it claims Windu invented his style of lightsabre combat. More imporantly he did it at the age of 12.
F*CK Kyp Durron, Windu's purple lightsabre would destroy him.

SnakeEyes
Do any of u guys actually no who Kyp is? He somewhat reminds me of an Episode Three Anakin, except a little less angry and just as agressive. He is very powerful and became a Jedi Master really young. He rivals Luke and, on many occassions, argues with him like Obi-wan and Anakin.

chilled monkey
Yes I do know who Kyp is. I still say he's no match for Mace.

Kyp has power, but little experience. Mace has the power and the experience.

Secondly, Mace is a much better swordsman. If it came down to lightsabres, Kyp'll get sliced & diced.

Thirdly, I don't think Kyp was THAT powerful. He just seemed that way because Exar Kun was helping him out.

SnakeEyes
Okay point taken...

SOOOOO, who would be a good match for Mace then? (from any time period EU or from the movies)

Delfedd
hm... tsavong lah would be an interesting duel. perhaps the sarlac smile

chilled monkey
General Grievous vs Mace Windu would be a great fight.

Possibly Darth Maul. He'd lose, but he'd put up a good fight.

Delfedd
Um... that would be cool, Maul Vs. Mace. *goes off and makes a video game*

chilled monkey
Exar Kun would also be a good match. He was the first Sith to use a double-bladed lightsabre.

For a Jedi vs Jedi battle, maybe Vodo-Siosk Bas?

Delfedd
twould be weird

maifoshis
you all forget that kyp durron is much more powerful in the force than master skywalker

SnakeEyes
i didn't, but they did not listen to me so i humbly gave up

JediJim
Kyp Durron is powerful. I agree with you there. But, much like an episode 3 Anakin, being powerful and strong in the force does not necessarily equate to being a good duelist. And, again like Anakin, Kyp's power is raw and lacks experience. I would have to say Mace Windu, hands down! IMHO anyway.

smile

chilled monkey
Don't get me wrong. I don't think Kyp would be a pushover. He'd put up a fight for sure, but Mace Windu is very powerful too. He's Yoda's right-hand man, after all. And he's much more experienced.

Let's say you have a very strong person who has little training, and someone who is let's say three-quarters as strong and is incredibly well-trained. Who wins?

Plus, Mace is a much better swordsman, one of the best the Jedi have ever had.

jedimaster2000
This fight won't be too bad. Kyp would probably put up a good fight, but because of the reasons mentioned earlier, Mace would come out on top.

Mace Skywalker
In few aspects, not all.

Darth_Janus
Mace wins this one. Experience and skill win the day when raw potential makes its play.

Darth_Nefarus
I think it's extremely silly when people try to say anyone is more powerful than Luke. Thw Will of the Force empowers him and elevates him to a status unknown to all. Well, Anakin could have made it to that level.

SnakeEyes
Ben Skywalker has the potential to be more powerful than Luke

Darth_Nefarus
I stand corrected. Ben Skywalker could possibly become as and/or more powerful as Luke. What I really should have said is only another "Son of Skywalker" could take the throne from him.

SnakeEyes
Do you think they will even bother telling any stories of Ben Skywalker?

Darth_Nefarus
They should, I would love to see tv or movies about Luke and Ben and their adventures.

jackstain
maul would not lose against mace

SnakeEyes
Yeah he would... But that is not the topic though

Darth_Nefarus
yeah, what does that have to do with this?

Darth_Janus
Just a Maul fanboy trying to show his colors...

Darth_Nefarus
Maul is good, but Mace is better.

jedimaster2000
Agreed, Maul was talented, but he was only an apprentice. Mace would waste him after a good battle, though.

Darth_Nefarus
If Mace can fend off Palpatine and possibly have him beat, then he would waste Maul.
However this is irrelevant if Sidious allows Mace to win.

Rayvann Sadow
bump from the grave...

Darth_Janus
Half of these people aren't here anymore.

Darth Faunus
Another redo of your last sig?

Darth_Janus
Yep.

Darth Faunus
Nice. Excellent job with the layers, by the way. You explained that to me last time.

Darth_Janus
Thanks... Highlight effects and shadows help blur where I did a rough job.

Darth Sparhawk
Mace is stronger, but I voted for Kyp Durron because I really, really, REALLY don't like Master Windu.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk
Mace is stronger, but I voted for Kyp Durron because I really, really, REALLY don't like Master Windu.

That's a stupid reason to vote for someone else.

If you want to peddle bias, the movie forums are just a click away.

Darth Sparhawk
Usually I don't do it. But I just have a this warm feeling about Mace smile

xxxpoppunker182
mace would win he has the experience that kyp lacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.