It's been a year...and a month.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Silver Stardust
Meant to post this a month ago, on my actual 1 year anniversary...but whatever stick out tongue was busy.

So, exactly 13 months ago today, I found KMC. I, like many of the people who joined in Novermber of 2003 found this site by searching for the Matrix on google. In fact, the very first thread I posted in here (besides opening up an introduction thread) was an argument in the Matrix forum laughing out loud

I had joined with the username Trinity_Matrix, due to my love of the Matrix and the fact that my favorite character was Trinity...duh. Heh. I was immediately given the nicknames Trin and TM...which I'm still called on occasion. For the first two months or so that I posted on KMC I more or less stayed in the RPG and Matrix forums, occasionally venturing out into the GDF...until I found the OTF. And it sucked me in.

A lot has changed in a bit over a year, myself included. I've become much more social than I was when I first joined. I changed my name to Silver Stardust back in July, and now nearly everyone calls me by my real name, Alana. I've posted in just about every forum on the boards. I watched - and was part of - the rise and fall of Hiker's Pad. I watched as my beloved Matrix forum, the reason I joined KMC to begin with, slowly ground to a halt (Korri, you and I MUST revive it somehow!) I saw the creation of the Anime/Artwork forums, which later split into Anime/Manga and Artwork, and the creation of the Signature forum, where I'm often called upon with my skills with Photoshop. I saw the creation of the Philosophy forum and the GDF turn more serious, where I often enjoy a good debate, and the recent creation of the Religion Forum. I'm one of the key posters that keeps the General Fiction section alive (and yes, I will post more in there over break). And, of course, I still am active in the RPG forums, and practically live in the OTF.

The most important thing to me here, is the people. I've met so many friends on KMC that I'm not even going to try and list you all as I KNOW I will forgot people and then get complained at stick out tongue all of you, you know who you are. Some in particular - Rex, Tpt, and Syren - I consider very close friends of mine...others I don't know half as well as I'd like to yet. And of course, there is the one special person that I met, befriended, developed a crush on, and then fell in love with...Ush. I can honestly say that if not for you, Mike, I probably wouldn't have actually stayed here this long. I know that I can come to you for anything, whether I'm upset or if I'm just bored and need someone to talk to. Thanks so much for everything, and I love you.

Well, it certainly was a whirlwind year...and I wouldn't change any of it. Thanks to everyone that made me feel welcome here 13 months ago!

SlipknoT
I'm listening to Led Zeppelin

Dr. Strangelove
Congrats Silver...I think I have about six or seven months to go before it will be my 1 year anniversary. I remember joining when the NBA finals started and in my first posts I got into a argument with Linkalicious. laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
Congratulations ALANA! toot

Ronny
happybdayhug YAAAAAAAAAAAY

Silver Stardust
Slipknot...you're weird stick out tongue

Thanks guys group

.::Levi@than::.
Congrats Alana hug balloon

Silver Stardust
Thanks Nisha-chan hug

Wow, you've been here a year too!

TheFilmProphet
I've been here 5 months and 3 days smokin'

silver_tears
We love you Laner droolio

Silver Stardust
I lover you too Ireney iheartyou

silver_tears
Mhm mhm *snap snap* diva

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

Silver Stardust
queen yeah babeh.

silver_tears
now about that plan to harass Nivek naughty I say we plot....

Silver Stardust
Sounds like a plan to me....naughty

TheFilmProphet
Can I be part of this mistery plot too? big grin

silver_tears
If you wanna join in on stripping a guy, sure wink

Silver Stardust
laughing shifty

Oh Nivek....where are you....Irene and I want to 'talk' to you....

silver_tears
yes, "talk" whistle

TheFilmProphet
Nevermind then wink

silver_tears
oh darn stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
Happy annerversiry

*Thinks of way to bring back Matrix forum*

Silver Stardust
Ahh yes...the Matrix forum...sad I loved that place so...we have to somehow bring it back to life....

hmm *thinks* nope, I got nothing sad Though I do remember the more lively days, although I barely used to post there.

Silver Stardust
*sighs*

I joined right in the middle of its hey-day...when threads would get lost pages back in a day...I miss those days.

We should set up a mission to bring it back, since it's christmas break, people will probably be online more often.

Silver Stardust
I've been on a (mostly unsuccessful) mission to bring it back since April...hopefully once Matrix Online comes out it'll pick up again.

Speaking of which...there's a thread over there that I have to go and revive.

TheFilmProphet
Actually me and vvvrulz are planning to do the same with the forgotten Terminator forum.

Perhaps we can make the mission into one and bring back both?

That way we can all help eachother's causes.

Silver Stardust
There's a Terminator forum?

Wow, I feel dumb...embarrasment

***S***
Happy Aniversary, Alana!

Jackie Malfoy
Wow that been along time.I been here since october so it been three mouths for me.I am going to try for a year!Keep the years going!JM

Silver Stardust
Thanks guys!

Oh, there're no plans of me going anywhere....I'm here to stay! big grin

***S***
Somebody to keep me company. (Has thread idea.)

Silver Stardust
Heehee big grin

Clovie
CONGRATS!! clap

Silver Stardust
I can't believe it's been this long. I never stick around a message board this long, let alone remain active and be one of the more active members. I'm amazed.

And I love it big grin

***S***
It surprised me, too. I usually hate message boards... but I am here.

And I dont think I am going anywhere.

Canadian Moose
Oh yes you are!
*kidnaps him and takes him to their lovenest*

Silver Stardust
Oh, I love message boards...most generally don't hold my interest very long, though.

Most also don't usually have such a great group of people, though, too yes

Canadian Moose
I agree. Everywhere else was so cliquey(sp?) and I only spoke to those who were in my 'group', here I talk to everyone who isn't an idiot.

ClaraG
Happy anniversary, silver!

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud so very true!!!

Thanks Clara happy

Thael
I found KMC over a year ago for a similar reason, I was looking for secrets on "Enter The Matrix" and had an argument with a guy called "The Architect" who claimed to know all this stuff about it, but was just leaving bogus "clues"...ranting

Silver Stardust
Heh heh...I was looking for pics from Revo so I could make a desktop, and KMC came up on google...and then I wound up getting in an argument with someone immediately over whether or not Bane had a head after Neo smashed him with the pipe laughing out loud

English Moosette
Lana, I am so touched you would mention me as one of your closest friends. I feel exactly the same girl hug We started off as 'twins' due to our having so much in common, but now we've become true buddies and I am so happy you're still here. Stay forever hunny cry I lover you happy

Thael
But Bane did still have his head tho. stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
Well, I couldn't forget Kerry, now could I? winkiss

English Moosette
no2 Nuh-uh. I don't think I'll ever forget certain people here, including you dear hug

Thael
What about me? cry

Silver Stardust
I still wub you hug

Thael
Who me? embarrasment

Silver Stardust
I love all my friends group You guys all rock.

Tptmanno1
Yay, I feel special! (but unloved, thanks Lana and ST.... sadwalk)
Congrats though!

Silver Stardust
We've been plotting against Nivek for a while...do you REALLY want us after you, Stefan?

And I said that you were one of my closest friends on here...how can you feel unloved? Dork stick out tongue hug

Drifter101
although it was yesterday..... what album

Royal Knight
Congrats

Tptmanno1
shifty maybe......

I said I felt special,

Silver Stardust
roll eyes (sarcastic)

*pokes Stefan*

And do you know what our plot against Nivek consists of? naughty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.