USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Change to Episode Schedule- all players please read!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
As some of you might have been aware of me moaning about, the current Star Wars episode is way over schedule. The Episodes used to take about six months each. This one has taken seven so far and we are only at the halfway point. Parts 3 and 4 are meant to be smaller than the first two... well, part 3 is, anyway. But even so, it's getting rather silly now.

In that case, I am taking drastic action- well, drastic from a Gamesmaster's point of view anyway.

Once everyone is done in their respective threads- that's the Coruscant crew for the Lightside, and the escape from Cynelline for the Dark Side, I shall be terminating Episode I there and then.

Episode II, made up of the original Episode I parts 3 and 4, will start very shortly thereafter. Between that time:

1. Everyone who has not converted their characters to the new rulkes must do so. Clarion and Gundy are already done, btw.

2. Experience points will be allocated and spending allowed

3. A new set of predictive powers rolls will be made. Apologies to those who passed rolls before and did not use them as the game was still going on. Anyone who rolled a successful non-Instincts predictive power for the last game (that is Baylin only!) gets an automatic pass for the new one as well. Everyone else, may roll again.

-

The division does make a certain plot sense. Parts 3 and 4 diverge significantly from where you currently are- the Dark Siders will have escaped the Bureau (I hope!) and can get down to finding out what it is they are MEANT to be doing, and the Light Siders will have finished off the damn trial and can get away from the Viceroy and get going on their own initiative to investigate the perpetators of the various crimes they have discovered. So the plot potential for dividing these things up into seperate episodes is there.

However, it does make these two episodes the most closely linked yet. For a start, the first Episode for both sides was meant to be a kind of taster, and in the case of the Dark Siders, a direct prequel to their intended starting situation for this campaign. For the Light Siders, the Sith link is also a 'distraction', giving them the opportunity to get involved with the plot of the films before Obi-Wan takes over again- obviously, you guys can't always be chasing the Sith as that is not your main plot. For both sides, the actual genuine plot of the campaign is yet to materialise.

And so now that will be stretched out over TWO episodes. The Light Siders will still be investigating the Techno-Union (as should be clear by now, you have all been looking at different parts of the same case). The Dark Side prequel is now simply being split into two episodes- pre- and post-Bureau. So their actual plot won't start until Episode III, and the full impact of Galactic events won't hit the Light Siders until then either. There is also no propsect of either side meeting in the new Episode II, just as there was not in I in its original configuration.

Episode II will continual the thematic similarity between the two sides though. In Episode I, both of you were continually reacting to events. n Episode II, both of you will be taking the initiative, as Doon proxies Kuylen's plan to the Dark Siders, and the Light Siders go looking for answers as a full strength team. Doon, of course, gives the Dark Siders the intellectual and knowledge back-up they used to get from Kuylen without being double hard enough to destroy everything they meet.

Episode II will most likely be shorter than one- as explained, the parts 3 and 4 were not as big, and part 3 for the Light Siders in particular will have to be extended to keep pace, as that was far shorter than what has come before. I absolutely want the Epsiode finished by the time ROTS comes out- and preferably significantly before, because I want the new plotline running by then as well!

So, good news for all of you currently stuck waiting- fresh experience is coming for you guys to improve yourselves. Any questions, feel free to ask. And with any luck, the Dark Siders can banish Episode I to the dark recesses of their brains forever, to always serve as a dire warning...

Silver Stardust
I think that's the bit I like the best.........I'd sure like to forget about this little disaster...

Fire
good more xp would be handy big grin

Dexx
oh...then...i'll find some time to do my character in the next days or so..

Silver Stardust
I'm thinking that I might make some changes to Rianna before we finish this up...ever the indecisive one, I am...

Ushgarak
Or are you?

Silver Stardust
The fact that I'm indecisive is one of the few things that I'm decisive about.

...wow, I need sleep.

Ushgarak
(provides Dark Side bed)

Silver Stardust
Uhh...yeah...something would probably kill me while I was taking a nap.

Ushgarak
The Dark Side Bed 4000 is fully armed against all intruders.

Fire
any thoughts on how much XP we would be getting stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
XP!!!!!!
yay!
I need a predictive power...

<Tidus>
Ya!!!! Vlad needs XP!

Captain REX
I could use some myself...to become more scarier...

Silver Stardust
XP is good...

Captain REX
Yup.

Galder's To-Get-with-XP List:

Increase Pilot Skills
Increase Gun Skills
Intrusion Skills
Gun Tricks
Combat Tricks
Force Powers

I'll probably get Intrusion and Gun Skills/Tricks...

<Tidus>
Ill get a major LIghtsaber boost!

Captain REX
No...no you won't. Ush has to approve it.

<Tidus>
Thats why Ill ask him! My lightsaber skill sucks big time!

Captain REX
And what did he say?

<Tidus>
I didnt ask him yet because I dont even know how much XP I got!

Captain REX
And I doubt it will be enough to improve the lightsaber skills. It took bout 30 points to increase my skills, leaving me with little more than 15. And those 45 were from 2 years of playing.

<Tidus>
Well then ILl add Gun Skills

Captain REX
Not possible with an Athlete...

<Tidus>
Pilot Skills then!

Ushgarak
It's not going to reach double figures for anyone.

<Tidus>
dougle figures??

Tptmanno1
as in more than 10

Trickster
Or 10. stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Specifics.....

Fire
hehe yea Tidus don't get your hopes up, I'll prolly save my xp if I'm correct I still have like 7 xp in the bank if I add those together I come closer to the 25 or so I need for my Lightsabre skill upgrade smile

or if it is possible I can buy extra sabre tricks tho I need a lot cause sabremaster costs double smile

<Tidus>
Yeah... Ill probably add a sabre trick... Maybe some too Fix IT?

Ushgarak
Do be careful of the so-called 'shiny' syndrome, Tidus- where you chase after something you think you need (the 'shiny' object) and end up not getting something else it turns out you need later. This time it was Fix-it, but don't blame me if you buy Fix-it and next time it is Observation you need.

Fire
good point ush

Captain REX
Just get fix-it, Tidus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.