Film Studies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
i study film at college and its pretty cool...anyone else do film studies at college??? smile

Bad Boy
I'm a film student at the International Film School of Wales!

dean7879
nice one
how ya liking it?

MildPossession
I did Film Studies at college also, loved it. Had film making in also, we made about six films each.

Bardock42
damit you British people sure do study film, eh

dean7879
why,dont people study film in germany? reading

Bardock42
Well I guess some do but no one seems to say it here

Sith Master X
I'm doing film, but I'm still in High School. We have a vocational program there for that. It's awesome! I love it. I'll definitely be heading to college for this stuff.

Jackie Malfoy
No but it sounds like fun!I might go to a creative writting collage when I gratude becuase I want to be a writter one day.JM

dean7879
ive just finished my 2000 word assignment and i had to write about mise en scene, editing, sound, and cinematography
i had to analyse short extracts from films...i analysed clockwork orange and 2001 space odyseey
i also do photography at college which is really enjoyable

MildPossession
I had to do five 2000 word papers for film studies(got to choose anything to write on), one of those was on the film Carrie, and I also did Photography at college. smile Did Art History as well.

We had to analyse every film and piece of television/art work we were shown, and even the ones we watched at lunch time, had to write a short piece on every film.

The Redeemer
Do a few *mis en scene's* on the works of Italian horror film directors such as Bava, Fucli and Argento, Dean my boy...that should see ya get an A+!!! smokin'

MildPossession
Oo yeah that reminds me, one of my papers was on Italian cinema with a section on Dario Argento.

dean7879
hopefully i will get the chance to do that soon smile

shugie99
That's really cool you have the opportunity to study film in high school. I wasn't able to take any classes until college.

dean7879
unfortunetly i didnt have the opportunity to study film in high school..i had to wait untill college...its quite a hard course...its not all about watching films all the time as some people on my course thought it was

MildPossession
It's not avaliable in any high schools here that I know of, Media Studies is the nearest thing to it.

When I joined most of the people in the class thought it was going to be easy.

I found it quite easy though, but then it is if you enjoy film.

dean7879
i coudnt do media in my high school because not many people wanted to do it
i found media studies quite easy at college...we had to make a film about 7 minutes long...its so crap lol its called the mons hill(my college) massacre!

MildPossession
They didn't even have Media at the school I went to sad but it's piss easy.

Your movie sounds fun lol, did they like it at school?

dean7879
i took media studies at my college
the movie was crap but in a hilarious way, its so funny...continuity is crap...in one shot my mate was wearing a blue shirt..and in the next shot he was wearing a white coat lol
i'll try and put it onto computer so i can send it out to everyone on the web
big grin

*Danii*
Yeah, I'd like to do film or film and media when I leave school.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.