Supposed ROTS novelization SPOILER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
posted by someone at TFN that supposedly has novelization notes. It's validity is still being checked out. Unfortunately someone gave me the link and I clicked on it before I knew what it was. This was one spoiler I didnt want to know if it turns out to be true. TO that end, I've tagged it to save others the same fate as me. messed

Toward he end of the duel, Anakin becomes worn out by his initial and relentless aggression. Obi wan the ever professional Jedi has begun beating Anakin back while simultaneously begging him to see his mistakes, that he was not betrayed and to give himself up. Obi-wan is clever. He begins to talk about padme, his mother, his unborn child. Anakin, wounded and almost unable to fight shuts down his sabre. Obi wan reciprocates. The volatile surroundings of Mustafar shake the very ground they stand on, yet between the two old friends there is a calm. "come with me..." Obi wan reaches out his hand to Anakin. Anakin, consumed by the conflict of emotion looks down at the void below him. One final look at Obi wan and he steps back and falls. Obi wan instinctively tries to catch him but it is too late.

( slightly abridged)

Sith Master X
Hmm...I'm debating whether or not I should read this.

Jedi Priestess
Dont DO it Sith!! It's about the end of "the duel" If it turns out to be legit Imma cry cause I read it. laughing out loud

Sith Master X
Alright then. If it's really that awesome, I'd rather save it for the movie. Thanks for the heads up. stick out tongue

Sith Master X
EDIT

Jedi Priestess
BTW peeps, when discussing this in this thread please use the spoiler tags for those who dont want to know it all. smile

Sith Master X
Damn. Have you any idea what I'm going through right now? Trying to resist the temptation of reading that spoiler, it's rather difficult you know. I must prevail. stick out tongue

darktim1
I can't see the duel end that way but won't say for now out.

LandoSpeeder
OMG! If that is true I might kill my self! Why did I ever read that?!

Jedi Priestess
I told you not to read it! hysterical

LandoSpeeder
Well the bad thing is I highlighted and read before I looked at your post. I'm such a retard!

Xanatos
JP how could youcry

If only I would have read from bottom up.

BAILY
If it turns out to be true. I dont know if I like it..... Time will tell

LandoSpeeder
I think it would be like another "I am your father" thing. Just the exact opposite of what we were thinking. It's perfect. I really wish I hadn't read it. sad

BAILY
It is a pretty big spoiler, I will give you that. Thanks for censoring it JP. I am still glad I read it though. Now I have thought about it. I like it. I recommend that no one reads it though. Let this one be a surprise. Bc, trust me, it will be worth the wait, if it is true after all.

Jedi Priestess
I know Baily, I feel the same way, if it turns out to be true it would have been one of those "OH WOW" moments for me. sad

Cheesiness
edit.

Anakin2Vader
I hope this isnt it... it makes anakin look like a quiter and vader weak from the get-go

Jedi Priestess
We do have a policy for this type of stuff and you've just shown your complete disregard for people by doing this. Requested a delete.

cornponious
um, cheesiness, there's a reason we have spoiler tags.

Do you understand?

corn

Cheesiness
Sorry, but my religious preferance strictly forbids the use of spoiler tags.

You're not bigoted are you?

Jedi Priestess
Reported the post.... hopefully BF will get it deleted soon folks.

In the meantime Cheese you might want to read Raz's rules regarding spoilers like this here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2954

BackFire
Chees, do not purposely spoil something for people of this magnitude. Do it again and your banned. **** your religion. Use spoiler tags from now on.

bilbofett
only againist the inanely idiotic.... and i do believe you fit the bill.

cornponious
Cheesiness:

The purpose of spoiler tags is CLEARLY DEFINED in the spoiler sticky thread by Raz. Failure to follow this rule could result in very bad things happening to your account, being that Raz is in control of everything here.

You need to follow the rules.

corn

Cheesiness
Well, Raz did say "please put the word 'spoiler' somewhere in your title" and not "YOU MUST the word 'spoiler' somewhere in your title"

cornponious
ok, that's that.

corn

cornponious
nothing to see here, move along.

corn

Cheesiness
All aboard the fruitloop express.

Torik_Shai
If this spoiler is as surprising as you guys say it is, then I refuse to read it. (That's a first for me smile )

Jedi Priestess
Im wondering if this could be the big surprise if it turns out to be true....supposedly it's validity will be confirmed or denied sometime this weekend via the spoiler leakers. smile

lucasfilm
DAMN AM I AN IDIOT! that better not be true! dammit!

Cheesiness
True. yes

mtryder
Wow.... that changes everything. Absolutely amazing. On one hand, I don't want Anakin to be redeemable, and to that end, I don't like it. On the other hand, I think it's perfect. It means that Anakin didn't choose the dark side, but rather that he realized that he was too far gone for the light, and chose death. That changes the course of everything that he does thereafter, and opens up whole new questions as to his telling Luke that he cannot disobey Palpatine, for he *must* obey him. If Palpatine doesn't have Anakin as a willing apprentice, then how does he make him do his bidding? Damn, I actually kinda hope this is it now, because it leaves so many questions that, presumably, will be answered.

Thanks JP for passing that along. That's huge.

EDIT: Accidentally closed that paragraph with a tag, then when I went back to make sure that I had done it correctly, started freaking out cause I had screwed it up somehow. Took me way longer than it should have ot realize that I'm simply too stupid to use basic tags.

mtryder
And as a note, if you haven't read it already, I'd suggest that you don't. I don't regret it, but I can see why people would, and might as well play it safe. If that one comes along and hits you without having any prior knowledge of it... yeah, it'll be pretty awesome.

BAILY
I again state...... Do Not Read The Spoiler!!!! THis is something you really dont want to know going into ROTS! THis is the ultimate spoiler.... forget Grievous or Yoda vs Sidious. This is the big one. Do not read. I now wish I hadnt. It has changed my view of ROTS.... I wish I didnt know it now. Maybe it isnt true or an early draft of the script.... still, you dont wanna read it

Cheesiness
As BAILY says, don't read it, because it's something about the Anakin Vs. Obi duel and Anakin drops into the lava by his own will after Obi tries to convince him.

So don't read it!

Lowbacca
That would be a graet conclusion of the duel. I just wish I never read it... sad

Sadako of Girth
Cheesiness. Thanks a f**king bunch....
You've been told more than once....
You clearly are are bell-end of only the most mediocre order....
and in case you actually think it a good idea to persist with your self-supposed-witty-posts, particularly flamey ones, you should consider that in a battle of wits you are unarmed.

Good day to you sir.....

Darth Surgent
I've decided that I'm not going to read it, but it better not be a "If you read this, then it was all a hoax! There is no spoiler, but keep the act going" kind of thing.

BTW, if I go to TFN will I be immediately spoiled? What I mean is, are there any thread titles over there that give it away?

An........ti..........ci.........pa..........tion..........

Cheesiness
Sadako of Girth, I said, don't read it.

You have only yourself to blame.

Sadako of Girth
I read your last post that was enough, I dont need anymore resolution than that mate.

Cheesiness
Well Mr. Girth, I would rather have my sigmoid colon being blasted apart with Semtex than to listen to one of your inane replies.

Sadako of Girth
....Well, heres another for you, so don't let me stop you..... smile

Cheesiness
Yes, I knew only someone only as dim-witted as yourself wouldn't know the definition of inane.

Say, Girth ... do you have an intelligent brother?

If you do, please get him to sign on because you're obviously as thick as two short planks. Your posts only make you look dim. try some subjects where you do have some understanding. So far you're batting zero!

Sadako of Girth
Yawwwwwwwnnnn...... I see my "Battle of wits..." evaluation is accurate.... Can't be bothered to dignify this or you with anymore posts... If being you is the crime, then being you must also be the punishment.... See ya... wink

Cheesiness
Battle of the wits?

Sadako of Girth
Annnnnnyyyyyyywwwaaaaayyyyyyyyyssss.....

Back to the subject at hand, WITHOUT spoiling the spoiler, which indeed had to be the biggest spoiler of all, I definitely wish i hadn't had that knowledge forced on me, so avoid PAGE2 of this thread if you've started on this page and DON'T want to know the biggest twist of the movie...
It COULD ruin your day to have read this prematurely....
Peace.... smile

smoker4
Oh no weak! Totally! hope its not true sad

bilbofett
I hear ya Smoker... But i'll bet its on the money. Maybe by May I can accept it....maybe

Jedi Priestess
notified Raz of the situation. Bad form cheese, bad form. nono

Sith Master X
JP, I know you said this was a bigtime spoiler, but did you like it, or not really? Is it good for the movie?

peluffo
The spoiler makes some things to fit. Good info.

Stunrun
if it is legit, im gonna cry cause thats a beutiful scene love stick out tongue

Morridini
I'm getting tempted to read it, would it ruin much?

Raz
I've placed the spoiler tag around Cheesiness's post. Please do this yourself in future!

Jedi Priestess
Actually I like this spoiler alot, wish I hadnt read it, but I do like it. But I'd say if you are trying to avoid "spoiling" things for yourself dont read it. Because for me, it would have been a moment where I went "Oh WOW!" but now I know it's coming. sad and Thanks Razmataz.

vader519
I think that would be a pretty good way to end the duel. Only time will tell if it is true.

Ushgarak
May I remind people that if a thread is labelled as a spoiler, tags in that thread are not actually essential. Anyone who comes into a thread clearly marked as a spoiler one does so at his own risk.

Jedi Priestess
With something of this magnitude they dont hurt tho IMHO.

Ushgarak
They certainly don't, but it's not worth executing anyone for not doing so in a clearly marked spoiler thread.

Jedi Priestess
Oh I dont think that was the problem, I think what people were upset about was the attitude that displayed that individuals glee at ruining it for others.

Sadako of Girth
Good point. Taken on board Ush....! smile
JP has just made the point I was about to make though, which was that the individual's motives seemed real malicious, and that WAS what got my goat as I would have highlighted the spoiler after being warned of its magnitude if I wanted to know of info that everyone was saying was so potentially damaging to the enjoyment of ROTS. I didnt though and chose not to know, only to be told by someone anyway.
Still I hear what you're saying though and I do apologise for being a bit over-the-top... Sorry about that. sad

Raz
Yup, Ush is right. My mistake.

Jedi Priestess
I think the title of the thread is something along the lines of Anakin is almost redeemed, and yes it's the very first post, so it was quite a shock when I read it.

waynerobsonuk
JP thanks for passing what if true is the biggest spoiler of them all. I sat for ages debating with myself whether to read it or not. But at the end of the day I thought as I've read everything else then why not laughing out loud
So here's my reaction to it:

The only problem I see with Anakin volunteering to jump to his 'apparent death (in that he thinks it willl kill him) is the line from ROTJ
"obi wan once thought as you do..."

This would indicate that Anakin turned his back on Obi wan and it was his choice to turn to the dark side. But if he's tried to commit suicide this would explain the reason for the much earlier spoiler about the walls of the chamber where Vader is born 'buckling' with the dark side of the force. I suppose you could say Anakin would be P*ssed off at having failed something simple as topping himself.
Actually this spoiler makes me want to see this scene even more now to see Hayden pull this off acting wise. I can just hear John Williams music at the point of the jump. For some reason I think it will be the force theme.....well a variation on it.

Well there you go thats my reaction to this spoiler. I can only reiterate what others have said. Unless your a real spoiler addict of the highest order avoid reading it like the plague.

Wayne...

Stunrun
Im not bothered to read all these spoilers. Sure i get excited as hell! but as long as i dont see much of these scenes until may, im happywink

Mempho76
My reaction : Didn't GL say something how we would feel sorry for Anakin after all is said and done? We would view him in a differ way in the OT. This spoiler gives credit to the idea of it being "Frankenstein-esque. Everyone ends up feeling sorry for the monster created. I like the scenario.

smoker4
I dont like it but i can see it happening,it would make me look at a character differently in the OT.

Mempho i agree with you!

Sith Master X
I know I said I wouldn't read this, but now it's back the debating process. lol I still haven't read it, but I'm tempted.

smoker4
Use your aggressive readings, give in to the spoiler!

Morridini
I finally read it, and it sounds fake. So I hope it doesn't turn out like that.

Sith Master X
I don't know. Looks like the majority of peeps who read the spoiler are now regreting that they did.

Morridini
I don't regret reading it, because I ain't buying that idea.

smoker4
You are correct! Dont read it! I hope its not true! Sorry for tempting you with its power embarrasment smokin'

Stunrun
whats wrong with the idea?confused

Morridini
It just doesn't sound right why would Vader hate Ben if Vader made the injuries to himself?

Stunrun
umm....very good point Morridiniwink

LandoSpeeder
Maybe he's still mad at obi the way he was in AOTC with the holding him back deal and the other stuff.

Morridini
He didn't sound very mad in that spoiler.

LandoSpeeder
Well their are allot of things wrong in star wars.

tpaquin
I hope it's not true, not because I read it, but because it's the most anticlimactic and illogical-sounding thing that I have ever read. If he was missing some limbs before that point, then, okay, but as a full person hopping into lava....it feels like a three stooges episode.

BAILY
In the original spoiler quoted by JP, it says that Anakin is wounded. I assume that maybe Obi-Wan cuts off Anakin's arm or both of them (even the mechanical one) Leaving him defenseless without the use of his lightsaber. Anakin sees that he has done bad, and his hatred for himself for what he has done is such a strong force, he kills himself by falling down into or near the lava. I think his legs will land in the lava and the rest of him will be porched on a rock. And this is how Palpy's minions find him. Of course the intense heat burns his skin and the fall prolly injures his head, knocking him unconscious, so the burning lava isnt affecting him on a conscious level. Hence the big gash on the back of his head in the OT.

LandoSpeeder
That makes allot of good sense BAILY. I like that theory.

LandoSpeeder
But I don't get what you mean by his legs will land in lava.

BAILY
I mean he will fall and land on a ledge, but his legs will be in the lava, but the rest of him will be on the ledge. Thanks LandoSpeeder, I was only trying to incorporate that spoiler into the movie the best way I could think of

Morridini
If he is that close to the lava his body would burst into flames.

BAILY
how so Morridini?? He has to be close to that lava. How else does he get burned as bad as he does??

Morridini
But being that close would have burnt him a lot worse then he is. If not Palps was standing there and managed to get him away from the lava in less then a second.

BAILY
Maybe those crab thingies from the trailer, get him away from the lava quickly??? I dunno.

Morridini
Well, perhaps u are right. This is Star wars after all, the laws of physic doesn't rule here.

smoker4
I like Bailys idea on this!

but i still think its lame and i hope its just a fake rumour

Darth_Decimator
i was disapointed with myself for giving in so damn quickly i wish i could erase that spoiler from my mind , i dont think it will ruin the movie tho & i think that itll be kickass if indeed it is legit , great way to end the duel i cant wait 150 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Surgent
From what you guys have said, I think that I've pretty much figured out what the spoiler is, and.... I was kinda expecting this to happen.

I'm still not going to read it, though...

Sith Master X
^ Same here. Infact, I was just getting ready to post exactly what you said.

Jedi Priestess
See I dont buy the whole Anakin loses a bunch of limbs theory. I think maybe an arm but thats about it IMHO.

BAILY
I agree with ya JP. He just loses his ability to use lightsabers with his hands, hence my theory

JKozzy
Yeah.... I doubt Obi-wan would really make him a torso, they were still friends, after all...

Jedi Priestess
Well, it's Saturday night and we are still awaiting some kind of denial or confirmation on this spoiler. I hope it comes soon.

BAILY
Did anyone read that supposed spoiler about Anakin's dream from the novel over on TFN??. I dont buy it. There are too many quacks over there who "have some of the novel" or "know someone who worked at Lucasfilm".... I am not gonna post it bc I dont believe it, but if someone else wants to post it, go ahead...

PhantomMask
I think it's great! Thank you so much for posting this, it has made me want to see it even more.

I really don't get what everyone else's problem is. I think it's great to know this and it doesn't "spoil" anything at all.

BAILY
The dude who talks about that dream of Anakin's is throwing out quotes from the novelization now (prolly the Jr. Novelization). Here are some of them. This one takes place during the "Sleepless Knight", the BTH with Ani and Padme.

"The Jedi are denying me power, power I need, Padme...not just to defend myself but to protect YOU, our children...our future. I have lost any faith that the Jedi can give me that power, Padme. But there might be someone who could."

And another....

"If I leave the Jedi, I can train our son to use the Force my way. I'd give him a lightsaber when he is old enough and teach him to take my place and protect the family when I am gone."

If these are true, they are nice touches to Anakin's personal desires... He wants what is best for his "family", and Palpy has manipulated him. God I really do feel sorry for Ani now. Poor poor Ani.. The galaxy is Mindf***ing him something fierce. Damn you Palpatine, damn you. This movie is getting sadder and darker with every spoiler as we are now connecting the dots. Man I think I will cry when I see this movie... sad

Creechuur
Meh. I guess it sounds ok.

Personally, I would rather see Anakin trick Obi-Wan into thinking he would surrender. As he gets into stricking distance of Obi-Wan (who has let his guard down completely), Anakin's eyes glow and he takes a swing that will surely kill his Master. At the last second, Anakin slips on some loose rock and falls into the lava, as Obi-Wan uselessly reaches for him.

Now that would truly make me feel sorry for Vader. The only thing worse than sacrificing himself would be to attempt to strike down the one who cared for him most, and to have that decision result in his doom.

jedi90
i hope the duel doesn't end that way. it would take away from luke's comment about vader being so full of hate and letting things go.

sorry, jp but anakin is goin to lose more than just a hand GL and obi have both stated that anakin is more machine than man and i could have sworn that it was confirmed that anakin gets his leg cut off by obi during the duel.

ESP07
sounds alright to me, up until the part where he throws himself in. I see it as more of Anakin, in true Sith form, acting like he may surrender to Obi-Wan, but due to the overwelming power of the dark side cannot and takes a last ditch swipe at him thus falling into the pit. Something like that would explaine Vader's "you dont know the power of the dark side" line in RotJ This is Star Wars not T2.

ESP07
Yes, My thoughts exactly. ^^^^^^^^^^^

mtryder
How does that ruin that? That he would rather die than realize the fundamental wrongness of what he has become seems pretty full of hatred and refusal to let go to me.

Jedi Priestess
Well Nick Gilliand just finished up his chat at HS and he plainly states that Anakin goes down swinging instead of resigning himself to death...so I guess that pretty much proves this false. Too bad, I kinda liked it myself.

Ushgarak
Oh well! 'tis the way of the world!

Morridini
Hurraybig grin
I really didn't like that idea. So now it's safe for all of u who haven't dared read the spoiler to read it.

LandoSpeeder
Atleast I don't have to kill my self now.

davesmolo
My question is this...if this spoiler is true...how does he remain so evil for so long after?

Morridini
Didn't u notice the last posts, it's confirmed false.

LandoSpeeder
read before you post.

Sith Master X
What if he's just saying that to throw us off?

smoker4
Hmmm devious the multichinned man is!

Sadako of Girth
A massive sigh of relief.... Man, I was really taken in by that one.....
After the whole tangent of emphasizing the humanitarian/psychological aspects of the characters that GL has taken in the prequel trilogy (Not that I find that a problem or anything..) I thought that was authentic GL for a bit.... But I didn't really like that angle in the spoiler... Thank the maker it's false...!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.