Am I a Snitch?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyond Image
ok, guys...here's the dinner plate.

today at work i seen a co-worker of mine go and steal two boxes of pottery ( i work in greenware). two boxes filled with pots. i was at the back table pulling the clay out; when from the corner of my eye i seen her place a bag of trash and followed up that process with two boxes near the garage door.

nothing at all, i thought, but later discovered that she snuck them out by trancing for the boss, who was busy talking to a customer. i figured i would let that pass, knowing she might need the money for extra gifts or something.

but, about 30 mins before her shift was up she had the nerve to nit-pick my mistakes from pulling the pots out the molds. i mean complained and took a shit. she dissected my method.

4:00 came and she was gone, about 3 mins later i hear her truck pull into the ally and to get the goods. i m standing there and thinking to myself that i should have said something, anything at all.

now, was my time to get off work. 5:00 and almost everyone had gone. just me, the front desk worker, and the boss, who was accompanied by a friend. i was going to leave, but could not forget the words coming out her mouth as well as the boxes going out, so i ask the boss if he had any time to spare and he said sure.

we go into the office and thats where i tell him what happened and why i had to tell. that if she did not bash me, than i would have understood her thievery.

anyway, am i a snitch?

Afro Cheese
Not unless she was your partner in crime. A snitch is someone who rats out their comrades to get a better deal.

Beyond Image
no, she is no friend of mine.

a better deal? nope, none in store.

Afro Cheese
Congratulations, you're not a snitch.

Imperial_Samura
No, not a snitch, and really, you shouldn't be worried by such things. If she is stealing it is committing a crime, and she deserves to be caught. And besides, its pretty poor form of her to be, maybe, stealing and then bagging out another worker who is doing nothing wrong.

Jackie Malfoy
There was nothering that you did wrong.I would say you did the right thing.Good job you are no snitch!JM

Darth Surgent
You did the "right" thing for the wrong reason. If your first notion was to let it go, then you shouldn't have gone back on it "because she was mean to you."

Your course of action was acceptable, but not the underlying motivation behind your decision. Re-assess yourself.

Realize that she was probably doing that out of desperation, and the fear of being caught might have been the cause of her grouchiness in the first place. Do not be so quick to judge others in the future.

You can't take back what you've done, but perhaps it was good for this to work out the way it did. If you learn to control yourself better due to this, then it's been a good lesson for you, and therefore there is no reason to feel bad about this.

frodo34x
Darth Surgent - great sig!

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that, but who steals pottery out of desperation?

big gay kirk
I can't condemn you... when i was a warehouse manager I sacked one guy for slacking, and another for stealing a lettering machine... theft is theft... but you should have reported it anyway, without waiting for her to annoy you... years ago, I would have said, tell her you saw her steal, and not to do it again... but then the thieves just get uppity and even sneakier....

Beyond Image
darth surgent, it was friday, we always get paid on a friday. she could have paid. money each friday in matter of fact. what she is, is a 35 year old alcoholic and mean person. she sits at the table and smooths out pots and sets them up to sell. i work with 3 other guys who are 10 years or more older than me. people that old should not steal and should not bash a young player, why? because i ve been working there for only one month, two on jan. 5. and i think she dosen't like me, nor do i her. when monday comes i don't know what to expect. see, we both come in at 9:00 am and the boss said he'll have a word with her. i'm expecting a argument and maybe some finger pointing.

Hegemon875
snitch

n : someone acting as an informer or decoy

By definition, yes you are, but were you wrong......Hell no.

Afro Cheese
How is he acting as an informer or decoy? That would mean the boss has him in there to get information on the other employees. He doesn't, he just happen to see something go down and reported it. Usually a snitch is just a criminal that got caught and turned informer to avoid jail time.

Beyond Image
OK, thanks for clarifying that up Hegemon875, the whole issue about snitch.

i was about to use the word: tattletale.

good lookin' out. rock

ragesRemorse
Dude, i think your just a busy body, or a nosey ned. Why the hell were you all up in her business to begin with? Mayybe if you werent so infatuated with her actions, you wouldnt have noticed her stealing. Well , now this woman is going to be out of a job for christmas...nice damn present man. What the hell is the matter with you, your just low man...low.

Naw im playin. With me, i usually let things go all the times at places of work. I see people stealing al the time. Unless it is somthing serious, or somthing that is going to tarnish my work ethic, i let things go, just dont step on my toes. People steal all the time from Sunoco, I had to turn a co- worker in one time, becuase he was stealing all of the lottery tickets and cashing up money orders in their place. this is somthing that hurts the business and the people who work there. As for co-workers stealing shit like food or batteries, i dont care that seems like somthing you need to deal with.good job man, way to stick it to the mean alchoholic bit.ch

hayden's minx
Nah, unless you believe in stealing, I'd say you did the right thing.

Fetcharada
You did the right thing yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.