Why do girls mature faster then boys do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
It seens to me that we girls intended to mature faster then some boys do!
Does anyone argee or disargee with this?
See you around!JM confused rolling on floor laughing

frodo34x
I agree. Girls mature physically, and mentally quicker. This is why teenage girls prefer older boys.

Bardock42
^What is so great ab oot maturity anyway. But yes Girls mature faster physically if mentally I don't know.

dave123
yeah, the hormones are released a bit sooner in girls than boys

Clovie
hormones.

also a bit of tradition, girls usually are being supposed to be more responsible erm

and a little different construction of menthality

Bardock42
Girls more responsible? Hows that? Like in wanting them to not do as much shit?

Clovie
in comprahansion to boys thier age.
the didference is esy to notice

take for example ten year olds stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
Difference in maturity is even greater in teenage years...look at high schoolers. A 16 year old girl will act much more like an adult that a 16 year old boy.

And I have a nearly 16 year old brother, so I see this every damn day roll eyes (sarcastic)

KharmaDog
I work at a highshool a couple of days a week and I can tell you that there is no maturity difference between teen age boys and teenage girls.

Howvever JM, there is a physiological difference, girls do physically mature faster than boys. That is an evolutionary thing though, and I know that you don't believe in evolution.

Jedi Priestess
And I teach at a high school and can back that up. Physically girls are ahead of boys during junior high and most of high school, but mentally....thats a draw as they are both silly. stick out tongue

Thorondor
"Why do some girls mature faster than boys"

stick out tongue

Clovie
you have a point stick out tongue

shaber
Because puberty starts earlier for females... What the f**k? daft question!

JKozzy
Some may mature faster, yes, however some boys do mature quicker. It's a generalization, doesn't apply to everyone or every region.

Afro Cheese
Girls are just as immature as guys. They are just less obvious about it.

Bardock42
ANd they look better while being it

BackFire
Poopies.

Dazzler619
I guess it's b/c of their hormones but there are some girls who are just as immature as boys

phinney6
Girls mess with your mind more then guys, being more mentally mature lets them play some really sick jokes on other girls, us guys just do it out in front of everyone, girls are muhc mroe twisted.

rajah kalantiaw
because girls don't stare at other girl's boobs when talking... well, some of them.

Emma718
i am 16 and i still act younger sometimes

manjaro
its been said, it's a physiological thing. why, just recently a 10 yr old in Mexico gave birth. Why? it turns out to be the Super steroids they were feeding the chickens over there in Mejico that expidiated her puberty. Also, SOMETIMES it depends and Ethnicity. recent studies show that minorties, namley hispanics, mature(physically) faster than girls of other races

botankus
I assume by mature you mean physically. In that case, yes, girls do mature faster because of puberty. Mentally, however, they need to check back when they're 22, regardless of being male or female, for any relevance.

Jerico
Physically mature maybe, mentally mature, no way.

Silver_Blaze
Well alot do mature faster then some guys exspecially the guys what act like real jerks who doesn't seem to ever mature... :/

But well all know that some girls are just as bad and mature the same or even slower then some guys, It all comes down the each indervidual person really. confused

Loving_Daniel11
Im nearly 16..But I act whatever age I feel like acting.
There's really no way to explain why girls mature faster, its just the way we were created. and sometimes guys mature faster then ladies.

powerfulone1987
The FACT that girls mature faster than boys is a FACT. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, because it has been scientifically proven.

Bardock42
yes physically

Rosen Amernans
Heheh, course they do. Guys have a lower level to reach so they mature slower than girls so they reach the limit at the same time...stick out tongue

j/k. Don't hurt me! lookaround

Linkalicious
younger girls go for older guys because it makes them feel more mature.

What really happens.

Older guys go for younger girls because they are much more easily manipulated.

The worst you treat a younger girl, the more they will cling on to you. If they call the older male, and he doesn't pick up the phone, they will most likely call back in 5 minutes and leave a message just to know if the male is angry at her or not.

It's sad....the worst you treat them, the faster they come back for more.

Syren
Everyone ignored this post. Why? It was ever so poignant. Blinkers, you're all wearing blinkers cry

Syren
This is irrelevant to the thread point.

Linkalicious
and what exactly is a thread point?

Syren
"Why do girls mature faster than boys?" Thread point, the question we are trying to answer. You delved immediately into the sexual side. The relationship aspect. Why?

Linkalicious
Topic sweetie.....topic.

I believe what I pointed out was the popular belief withheld by young females that they are actually more mature (emotionally) than males as a fallacy, and that older men target younger women because they are easier victims.

Physically, it's obvious women are more mature than men. Psychologically they are the same. Well there's that, and girls are complete basket cases.

that and it's quite a bit more interesting to hear girls claim what I said to be untrue, than everyone coming in here to say the exact same thing over and over again.

shellie
leave it to you roll eyes (sarcastic)

like i said...an ass you are but a sexy ass smokin'

happy dont change luv

and just so this post stays semi-on-topic....

it depends on the person not gender as to who matures faster erm

JToTheP
I disagree.

I'm going to compare myself through the years, with my friends now, co-workers and the such.

In 9th grade I was past the stage of "boob obsession" which guys never seem to get over. I won't go into it, because #1, I'll surpass PG-13, and #2, anybody who knows me understands when I say this.

In 9th grade-12th, the girls in my classes and such, still had their little secrets and giggle garbage that I saw in elementary school, so they were still quite immature.

In 10th grade I was able to successfully hold friendships with girls, as well as beginning to be able to conversate more successfully with them more often, and numerously then guys.

By 12th grade, I had a mental toss-up between "Senioridus" and immaturity, but I still had surpassed most of the 11th grade girls in my classes, and almost matched the maturity of my 12th grade girl-friends.

I work with kids ranging from 16-20, and we're all pretty mature about most things. I'm more mature then some of the guys at my job, but that is to be expected since I know how they act, and know them decently well. I usually make wise-ass remarks to whoever is at the service desk with me, guy or girl, and we both get a laugh out of it. I conversate with any of the kids there, and we're all pretty mature, with the exception of a few guys about things.

So, it depends on the people/group/however you want to put it. I myself, and my friends seem to be pretty mature which is nice for me as well as them. So, like shellie said, and numerous others, it's the person, not gender. I can be quite mature or immature depending on the issue/tv show/conversation/you name it, as well as my friends, and who I work with.

dave123
but girls do mature sooner than boys, on average

JToTheP
Well yeah, that's because guys are ****in morons.

BackFire
I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

rolandbishop
girls mature faster than boys, because boys just wanna have fun. not girls. haha. thats why you see girls b***h talking to eachother, but not us guys. ehhehe

Dwarfdude
I think it depends on what stage of life your talking about.

Faster at going from child > Teenage, girl

Going from teenage > adult, guy

But it also depeands on person.

Frosty Beverage
boys have disgusting, sinful, ubseen things to do. Girls, however, can't get involved until they're "a certain age"... to be honest, for the most part, girls are more behaved because the parents keep them in line more then boys. Boys are rebellious, for the most part. (again i'm not making stereotypes)

Icee
Technically because the corpus collosum in men and women tend to differ. It's thicker in women than men which means that women are smarter and tend to take on the role of the "mother hen" wanting to take care of everyone. If you find a women that's stupid... there's always a man more stupid... lol

miahera
girls tend to grow earlier than boys and there's always the lingering maternal instinct. and boys at younger and older ages like to break things. wait a minute. I like to break things big grin as Frosty Beverage said, parents tend to shelter a girl more than they would a boy. this might influence how they behave in most circumstances with Paris Hilton one of many exceptions laughing

Syren
I agree with the fact that older guys target younger girls because they are apparently easier 'victims'....

But, why do you believe females to be more mature physically? It's a scientific fact that puberty can begin in either sex any time from about 11 onwards, usually, but female mentality progresses at a much faster rate than male. It's proven. I'm not simply saying this as a biased female, I grew out of the competition stage some time ago (when Backfire completely demolished my Battle of the Sexes thread), I'm just pointing out scientific fact.

Linkalicious
Yah, that was just dripping with proven facts....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
Yah, that was just dripping with unnecessary sarcasm. I actually looked around but considering I'm at work I don't have much time to spend hunting down factual evidence just to appease some whiney, bitter guy I used to count amongst my closest friends. Can we finish this here? I'd much rather discuss this with someone I don't dislike intensely.

belly_jeans349
i agree to that, girls try showing off that they can get older guys because it does make them feel more mature. if girls were more mature then guys, then they would understand the concept of older guys trying to just go for them because they are easier targets for sex.bye

Syren
That's true enough, but I was just wondering if people were actually going to answer the thread question? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Linkalicious
I'm sure they'd answer the thread question, except you've already provided scientific proof that women's mentality develops faster than males.

what's there to answer for? are you just hoping someone will quote you and say "i agree"?

I agree with you on this. And you did a great job answering the thread question. Happy now?

It's sad that you dislike me....I'm an attention whore just the same as you. Apparently "this thread ain't big enough for the both of us" or atleast that must be your mentality. It's ok Sy, i never stopped liking you. flowers

Dark princess
girls are just better people

Syren
I did not profess to have provided scientific proof, I simply stated that it has been proved, by others. I couldn't care less if anyone else quotes me and agrees, or doesn't, I'll keep my own opinions unless proved wrong, in which case I will eat my words. Of all people, you should know me to be honest at least.

That was just lousy, patronising and sad. Thankyou for the flowers.

Linkalicious
had you not stated an intense disliking for me. I might....might have made a better attempt to be sincere.

You're welcome for the flowers.

Syren
I was being a brat. Hello? This is Syren, do you read me?

I want more flowers.

vaya_the_elf
I know why..because Male has male body parts. Most males like to only think with them, but not all of them.

belly_jeans349
i dont think with my body parts..i think with my brain....and i got my puberty when i was 11 1/2....

Syren
Are we counting brain cells as body parts? Coz if we are, males are screwed fab

Aku
Males never mature. It's coz we enjoy things that make us laugh. Take a womans magazine for example. Look in it and it has pictures of celebrity fashion, some woman having a transplant, headlines like "Woman chopped her husband up into pieces coz she has the right too" and stuff like this. Look at a guys mag and its like..."180 seaguls killed by flying into a window" WHEY!!!

SaTsuJiN
I feel maturity is subjective to the individual, and also that choosing either gender would be a biased action

Alpha Centauri
"its been said, it's a physiological thing. why, just recently a 10 yr old in Mexico gave birth. Why? it turns out to be the Super steroids they were feeding the chickens over there in Mejico that expidiated her puberty."

Did anyone besides me find this side-splittingly funny?

I don't really care who matures faster or not. I like the mental and physical stage I'm at right now. I believe, as do many others, that I'm mentally matured years beyond the age that I am. I don't believe that there's anything particularly advanced in terms of physicality though.

Or is there....? wink

Seriously though, mental maturity depends on many things. Physical differs.

I know a 16-17 year old girl from the States who looks about 3 years older than I do. American youngsters tend to develop alot faster physically over both genders than most other countries it would seem. I can't back that up with fact, it's from experience.

-AC

Syren
You know, I see what you're saying with this. Although I'd much rather read about the splattered seagulls, and I'm very much a female stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
laughing I'd have to say I'm with Sy on that one.

Okay. I'll be 19 in three weeks, and guess what, I still act like a total brat and a child when I want to. But also, I noticed in high school and now that I'm in college, that many of the guys aren't as mature as the girls. There will always be exceptions, but this is what I see most of the time. I've always said that I don't think I'd be able to handle going out with a guy the same age as me; and I'm also old enough to know if an older guy was just trying to get me for sex. I'd just rather be with someone older and more mature, as opposed to 18-19-20 year olds that still act like they're freshman in high school.

Alpha Centauri
"Males never mature. It's coz we enjoy things that make us laugh."

*Raises Hand*

Hello?....Hello??

Yeah, Hi there. Sorry...aha...umm, couldn't help but notice you use the term "we". I have to st-st-step in and request that you don't generalise me.

You and the rest of the male gender can feel free to indulge in your wacky men's mags and continue to be impressed by exploding seagulls and cars that go vroomm vroomm, it's wacky and I do appreciate it. However, I chose to move on a while ago. Please don't speak for me.

While I'm onna rolla, gonna give a shout out the Silver Stardust who I haven't had the pleasure of saying hello to since my triumphant return.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Hey AC, been a bit since I've seen you around!!! happy

belly_jeans349
girls enjoy things that make them laugh too....but they care too much into what they look like...they scream if a zit comes up on their face when its natural...

belly_jeans349
girls enjoy things that make them laugh too....but they care too much into what they look like...they scream if a zit comes up on their face when its natural...a guy goes "oh look at that"...and im a freshman btw, i hate those immature guys...wish they would all just go away!! but i still see immature girls too!! so dont think you're lucky, theres a lot of immature girls too!

belly_jeans349
HONESTLY I DIDNT POST THAT TWICE

Syren
Welcome back Sir Talkalot wink

Alpha Centauri
Hey there sweetness wink.

"they scream if a zit comes up on their face when its natural..."

I do that. My zits are the ****ing worst, not in appearance though, just swarms. They come, stay, then go. Like most of my girlfriends. I wish I could pop them as easily as my zits...

-AC

JToTheP
It's all a matter of who the male is. Humor will always keep ANYONE young, because that's what it's meant to do. You can't pin the stupid crap in those junk papers on men, it's the publisher's fault for having nothing better to do. I don't see this as a fair example of why men mature slower then women, even though generally they do.

JToTheP
blink Why the HELL are we bringing body parts into this?

JToTheP
No, YOUR screwed. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
"Are we counting brain cells as body parts? Coz if we are, males are screwed"

According to some females our body parts equate to brain cells wink. So if certain body parts on me were brain cells, I'd have enough brain cells to....erm....yeah well you see where I'm going with this.

Joke abandoned.

-AC

JToTheP
To go around? stick out tongue laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
I was going to say take over the world, but to go around (females only) will suffice.

-AC

JToTheP
That works to I suppose. stick out tongue

baracustastic
adult = responsibility
kid = no responsibility

milk the lack of responsibility for all it's worth.

bills/cartoons
job/fart jokes

no contest really

Syren
AC ~ Effort much appreciated darling wink

Baracustastic ~ Do all Scotsmen have an absolute hatred of calling themselves British citizens? My ex even wrote 'Scottish' when asked what nationality he was roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kosta
girls dont mature faster than boys, they just like to think they do wink laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
Lois Griffin: Peter take your blindfold off now, we're almost there!
Peter Griffin: No I don't wanna ruin my surprise.
Lois Griffin: Well then let me drive!
Peter Griffin: Lois you know it's illegal for women to drive. Ehehehe women drivers, that's adorable.

-AC

A4E
LOL!!

Aku
What-everrrrrrrr. Don't go there girlfriend!!

Anyway, moving on girls don't mature they just become annoying and negative. My previous girlfriend was always on my case, always Sam clean up will you, Sam you left your shoes on the carpet!, Sam remember to use tissues when watching those movies!!! ALWAYS on my case! Wether men sit back and enjoy life with TV, pizza, beer and watching adult TV!!! We're happy, easily satisfied wether no one knows what all women want!?
smile

Alpha Centauri
It's so easy to have this gender discussion without generalising so why can't we?

-AC

Aku
Because if you don't generalize then you can't speak for your own gender as you would be speaking as an individual. Savvy? smile

Alpha Centauri
Well then that's better. The thread itself is faulty.

"Why do girls mature faster than boys do?"

Silly question. I have known members of both gender who have matured faster than the other. So the only way to address it unless you have factual information in one area, is individually.

-AC

Aku
True but its a debate between males and females and thats like one of the best arguments ever.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think saying that "we" all enjoy immature humour and car magazines is something that should be placed upon all us males though.

Just me...

-AC

Aku
Yeh but males like this stuff. If a girl came into a room with aload of girls would they just sit there and not talk?

Alpha Centauri
"Yeh but males like this stuff."

See, you're saying that as if it's universal. No wonder it's a sad common perception that it's all the male gender care about.

I have never been fascinated by cars. Young humour and immature humour are two different things. Lastly, mens magazines are for the "men" who don't know how to be a man and therefore need to be told. One of my ex girlfriends dated one of those mens mag reading guys who allegedly knew every sex tip in the book and loved all the humour, she then dated me and told me that in comparison he looked so obsolete it wasn't even funny.

Not blowing my own horn but I'm better for not being a...well...shit representative of my genre. Not that I am anyway, I represent me.

No one else. By referring to males as WE you are including me.

-AC

Aku
Your a girl arnt you

Alpha Centauri
No I'm not.

-AC

Linkalicious
somebody fights for the pink team. shifty

Alpha Centauri
I fight for my own team, as stated.

I know immature guys and girls. I don't see how not being generalised makes me pro-girl and anti-guy all of a sudden.

If you like all that typical male stuff, fine. I don't, so don't speak for me. If typical male stuff happened to be worth reading, I would read it. Yet the fact that I don't feel the need to read magazines about cars and how to impress females somehow makes me fight for the pink team.

Strange.

-AC

belly_jeans349
i dont get what that conversation was about...

MornGlory
I always date younger guys cause Im immatuer for my age

belly_jeans349
say what?

Afro Cheese
Yeah AC is right there are immature members of both genders. I just think they show it differently. Guys act mature by making crude jokes and blowing stuff up.. girls act immature by talking behind people's backs and gossiping. Now of course you get guys that gossip and girls that blow stuff up.. but that's a different subject altogether.

And I don't see what's immature about being into cars...

Alpha Centauri
Nothing is immature about being into cars like mechanically and stuff. If you genuinely know what you are dealing with.

I can't stand those car "fanatics" who go to see movies like "The Fast and The Furious" and get all excited over them. People who are just impressed by a car that looks good and goes fast. That aspect of cars never did or never will impress me, nor do I see why it would impress anyone.

The one thing about female gossipers that bothers me is that they are, from my experience, almost always the type of women who don't wanna be stereotyped. Yet they lay it upon themselves. There are no soap operas called "Desperate Husbands" are there? I had an argument about that with a girl today. She said "Yeah but it's showing that women can have power over men." "How? They get ****ed by some man, then screw him over. The men are mostly morons who only want the sex anyway so I don't see the triumphant victory here."

Strange.

-AC

Syren
And once again with the amazingly intellectual posts roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
"And once again with the amazingly intellectual posts"

See. Syren doesn't hate me.

*Cute lovable rascal face*

-AC

JToTheP
This is getting completely ridiculous. If we were going to start a gender war, then it would probably be like this. The girls would spend hours typing out paragraph long posts, some guys would reply, with small jokes inbetween, and some guys like me would rave on and on just to not be completely buried by the girls' posts. So let's not go that far.

Syren
John, sometimes, just sometimes, you should allow things to pan out, this is the general discussion forum.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah and besides, if it comes down to essay Vs essay, are there many posters here who can go word to word with me?

-AC

JToTheP
I don't think Raz would allow a vs essay to go on past a few posts anyway, and I'm sure if some of us took this seriously, instead of having fun with it, a few of us could go word for word with you AC.

JToTheP
But if you give some users an inch of space to pan out, before you know it will be a gender war, then Raz and the Moderators will have to come in, and it will get even worse. It just isn't worth it.

Alpha Centauri
"a few of us could go word for word with you AC."

In length maybe.

-AC

Aku
Nah face it AC you are a girl. You don't act like a boy so you are a girl, in not your gay. (no offence to people of a homosexual nature)

JToTheP
No, actually I DID mean word-for-word. Arrogance will get you nowhere in life, as well as doing nothing will.

Alpha Centauri
"Nah face it AC you are a girl. You don't act like a boy so you are a girl, in not your gay."

Oh yeah well I guess you got me then. I guess now, I am a girl because you said to face it. Well, I guess that's all wrapped up, all wrapped up good.

That really says it all doesn't it? "You don't act like a boy." I think, type coherently and understand females, is that what you mean? Coz I swear that's what females find more attractive.

Bye.

-AC

Aku
Well how can we debate this topic if we don't generalize our races? How many advantages can you list of women?

Alpha Centauri
"Arrogance will get you nowhere in life, as well as doing nothing will."

Neither will playing yourself down. I know I'm smart, I say it.

Recognise the line between self-belief and arrogance. Also the difference between arrogance and being cocky.

Then we can talk.

-AC

JToTheP
Races? You do mean gender I hope.

Aku
Yeh that was the word. Thanks

belly_jeans349
this is getting no where >.>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.