Best band you NEVER hear anyone talk about

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
What do you think are some of the best bands that never get much recognition or play?

Who are some of your favorite unknown talents?

steely balls
maroon 5, they don't get that much talk

Striel
They play Maroon 5 a LOT where I live...

total nettlehead
ive never heard anyone talking about Celtic Frost, Eucharist, Asphyx or Cryptic Slaughter...maybe everyone else just thinks they suck.

Striel
I have never heard of them at all...

total nettlehead
well unless your into black metal, death metal or hardcore speed metal that doesnt surprise me.

steely balls
they play them alot here too but i never here any one talk about them that much

VilleValo462
i never hear anything about Orgy anymroe confused

total nettlehead
no. nobody talks about Orgy anymore. nobody. not me, not nobody.

Striel
Has Orgy even came out with anything new in the last couple of years? I haven't heard a word about them in a long time.

total nettlehead
yep. Punk Statik Paranoia there new album and a while ago they released The Obvious as a single.

VilleValo462
wow .. see i have no clue .. cause no one talks about them ..

total nettlehead
ima go bump the old Orgy thread yes

VilleValo462
thumb up

steely balls
Robert Randolph & the Family Band i just made a thread for this but yeah they are a great band but they don't get enough recognition

VilleValo462
what genre are they ?

steely balls
they are funk

VilleValo462
o

Jeff_Atello
Nobody talks about Maroon 5 because they aren't very talented. Nobody talks about Orgy because they are way past their prime, although I haven't heard Punk Statik Paranoia yet.

lil bitchiness

VilleValo462
i havent heard of mars volta .....

Striel
There was a band called Drain STH that I liked a couple years ago that wasn't bad. I have never heard anyone mention them but I liked a couple of their songs.

lil bitchiness
Have you heard 'At the drive-in'?

Jeff_Atello
At the Drive In and Sparta both suck.

The Mars Volta are pretty damn good.

Boy Sets Fire and Lagwagon are F*CKING awesome.

amlap
all this talk about Mars Volta.... all my friends are saying that i shoud check these guys out! i guess i will now since it seems everyone loves those guys!

some bands that i thinka re awesome but dont get any play are:

-international noise conspiracy
-G love
-Hepcat

and the list could continue...

loserib
in flames
superjoint ritaul
cannibal corpse
glassjaw
sevendust

oh yeah and the very very underated

ALICE AND CHAINS

drain sth was also a great metal band they were also all hot the guitarist is married to tony iomie

lil bitchiness
People talk about Glassjaw...i even made a thread about it on here erm

soccer_qt16
i havent heard much about smile empty soul and their pretty good 4 some songs!! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance beer angel sick laughing thumb up thumb up thumb upIF U CANT BEAT EM JOIN EM LIFE IS A GAME, GET IN IT I LIKE EGGS!!

Striel
Alice in Chains? Dude are you insane? j/k! I LOVE them, I think they are highly respected and I hear a lot about them to this day...

Sevendust... man I haven't heard a word about them in years.

Striel
My husband used to listen to a lot of bands and singers I hadn't heard of til I met him. Some examples:

Cold
Radio Iodine
Imogene (sp?)

total nettlehead
ive been talking about Glassjaw in the other thread for the past couple of days erm

Jeff_Atello
Glassjaw rules.

Smile empty Soul is just a trend. They will be gone in about a year, just like Chevelle.

badkittykitty
omg! I can't believe you brought up Celtic Frost! i used to be so into them! To Mega Therion is the shizzel!( giger's art is on the cover of this album..very hard core!)

total nettlehead
eek! excellent! ive never met anyone else who liked Celtic Frost, i was starting to think they were cursed or something. i love To Mega Therion, Eternal Summer and Usurper...i just love those songs. the lyrics are so fantastical. call me stupid, but ive never really got the cover, is the devil thing using the crucifix as a slingshot or something?

sauron
queen

they are amazing but...freddie died and now not many people talk about them sad

but when queen fans gather *remembers tribute show* aahhhh *is spiritually at peace*

Be@st
I never heard anyone talking about within temptation. They're great.

cgtuna21
Toto
Gilbert O' Sullivan
The Who
Pink Floyd

There never really talked about as much. It makes me sad, there really good

loserib
when i said glassjaw i meant not just hear on this board last year this time glassjaw was everywhere and now you dont hear much from them

Jeff_Atello
Queen was F*N awesome, and Freddie Mercury is a god.

VilleValo462
i havent heard anything of Tool lately ... make that .. a long time ...

wicker_man
The Birthday Massacre
Orgy
Pitchshifter
King Prawn
WW3
Epihet
& Paradise Lost

shortieSarah07
i dont think Yellowcard gets talked about much, they are a good band and i also think think that green day is a good band and doesnt get talked about anymore...

Striel
Greenday should never be talked about unless it is to say how talentless they are...

total metalhead
Greenday arent talentless. i dont like them that much, but i can certainly appreciate them.

samhain
Arthur Lee & Love,
Captain Beefheart,
The La's.

Striel
I can't. I think they are waaaay overplayed and their music is droning B.S. What is there to like about them?

total metalhead
they have a very original sound, the singer has got an above average voice, they're good (acoustic) guitarists, their lyrics arent bad, and they're certainly much better than any of those other pop rock groups.

Jeff_Atello
I agree. Green Day will always be awesome. The only thing they did that as bad was make the album "Warning," but when you think about it, that's what they wanted to play, so it really isn't a bad thing. Anyway, they have a new single out, and it's a cover of The Clash's "I Fought the Law." It's really quite good, and they are in the studio making a new album right now.

total metalhead
yeah ive heard it its not bad, but how come everyone's doing The Clash all of a sudden? even Cypress Hill sample them in their new single.

Jeff_Atello
You know, I really couldn't tell you. Everybody is starting to get into The Clash again, and I don't understand it. I never did like them, but I like what they did.

Kaleanae
Death Cab for Cutie
Rainer Maria
Weezer big grin

Corlindel
TMetalhead: Sorry but Orgy and Celtic Frost are weel know bands. I saw Celtic Frost in concert some years ago.

LiLBitch: I saw Mars Volta in Concert in Lisbon/November 2003. Very weel know new band.

Loserib: I saw Paradise Lost about ten years ago here in Portugal too. Very weel know band too.

People are is saying that no one talks about The Who, Clash, Toto, PF..etcetera (???) Strange blink

Capt. Spaulding
Yes they are!

Also a couple of bands that dont get much attention i think are: Modest Mouse, Death cab for cutie, Postal service and Murder by death. laughing

loserib
Corlindel wrote

sorry i did not say anything about paridise lost

machinehead is a killer band that no one evertalks about as well as anthraxand profeshional murder music

Corlindel
ooops...it was wickerman

But I can say the same about cannibal corpse smile

total metalhead
yes but thats not what this thread is about

jonas_weez
cat power she may be a girl but she kicks ass and I think alanis morissette, fiona apple pilfered here thunder oh and I like cannibal corpse and weezerrockon

jonas_weez
pokey

big gay kirk
YO LA TENGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Revan
Los Gobernantes!! raver

realworlddreams
iron maiden...coheed n cambria...alice in chains....

ElectricBugaloo
From looking over this thread, i have these impressions:

Maroon 5: they are on MTV. end of story.
Orgy: haven't been good in forever
Mars Volta: Awesome, opening for APC on tour
Glassjaw: Saw w/ Sparta, kinda sucked, but i like their music
Sevendust: Hear their stuff all the time
Alice in Chains: Seriously. and they just jumped on the 'grunge' bandwagon.
Queen, The Who, Pink Floyd: Played every hour on the classic rock stations
Weezer: This may just be because i frequent the weezer boards, but i hear about 'em all the time; Just released DVD and blue album special edition last week

Mine:
Karate--Jazz Rock
The Mountain Goats--Extremely lo fi indie folk rock
Sly & The Family Stone--great band
The Ohio Players--Great funk band

Berlin
Iron Maiden and MotorHead

Hottie and the Blowfish (am I the only one that likes them? messed)
The Smashing Pumpkins
HIM
^^^Mars Volta is really, really good

total metalhead
theres plenty of talk about HIM, Maiden and The Pumpkins, but Motorhead often get forgotten when people talk about classic metal bands, which is a real shame cos they were great.

ElectricBugaloo
There's a reason no one talks about Hootie and the Blowfish anymore...

Kinky
Elliot Smith

VilleValo462
HIM .... a lot of people talk about HIM ..... just watch viva la bam or sumthin .... ha ... many HIM thingies around there

Berlin
Viva la Bam? messed
Bam Margera? messed

SnakeEyes
The National
Helios

§P0oONY
Tool

wicker_man
Bands I LIKE that get very little coverage:

Dark Tranquility - Melodic death metal, far superior to In Flames in my opinion.

The Diablo Swing Orchestra - Avante-garde metal is a loose term at best for this fantastic musical ensemble.

Panic Cell - A British hard rock band who've released two cracking albums.

Akercocke - The finest British extreme metal band of the last ten years.

Onslaught - British thrash metal whose last album (Killing Peace) was far superior then Metallica's Death Magnetic and Megadeth's United Abominations.

Kelly_Bean
Type O Negative.
Even got a tattoo of their symbol on my chest.

Doctor-Alvis
I listen to a lot of metal so I rarely near the bands I listen to talked about. I say rarely because occasionally I hear or see a quick reference on Metalocalypse.

Darth Jello
The Sundays and Strobe Talbot

occultdestroyer
Skindred

bogen
Eh lets see.
Tool, they dropped off the map in 06.
Opeth, i want more info sad
Yellowcard, they deserve to disapear.
Blink 182, are they getting back together?
Cannibal corpse
Job for a cowboy
Isis
Lamb of God
Someone mentioned HIM?
Gomez
Avenged sevenfold
Atreyu
Stereophonics
APC

teamB_macro
coheed and cambria

occultdestroyer
Sonic Syndicate
Scar Symmetry
Deadlock

I mean, seriously.. these bands are amongst the best out there, yet a lot of peeps haven't even heard of them.

Myth
Bobaflex
Dope
Drowning Pool since they got the lead sing from Soil
Helloween
Indorphine
Lollipop Lust Kill

D00m
I haven't heard anyone talk about Deerhunter yet. For why?

Scythe
Balzac
GWAR
Skindred
Streetlight Manifesto
Catch 22
Mealticket
Metro Stylee
Warsaw
X-Cops

AverageSavage
The Chameleons

jhonemendis
Hi..
Mine favorite is back street boys and linkin park..

AsbestosFlaygon
Dredg

Zolof The Rock & Roll Destroyer
(can't believe most people don't even know this is Anthony Green's first band)

Scarling

...and most Metal bands

Blinky
The Mercury Program

Kento
Nothingface.

Mudbug
The Unthanks

Previously called Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, they are an English folk group from the North East of England.

http://www.myspace.com/rachelunthank

JacopeX
Xiu Xiu.

That ACDC Chick
Geordie

yesac2015
I DONT HEAR THAT MANYPEOPLE TALK ABOUT WARRANT BESIDES CHERRY PIE THEY HAVE EVEN BETTER STUFF OUT THERE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.