Maniac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
i liked this movie alot, i picked up the anchor bay dvd off ebay
very gruesome movie with some disturbin moments
some great scenes such as the infamous head exploding scene(effects done by tom savini and it was his head being blown away!)

what are your thoughts on Maniac?

Cinemaddiction
I loved it, personally. Savini's best special effects job next to "Day of the Dead". Great story, great acting, and a really unappreciated flick, IMO.

dean7879
yeah
joe spinelli did a great job as the maniac as well
i really cringed at the scalp scene sick

The Redeemer
Great acting? I thought Caroline Munroe was wasted! roll eyes (sarcastic)

dean7879
the best acting was from joe spinelli

The Redeemer
And the best thing in ROCKY and TAXI DRIVER too!!! raver

dean7879
he was good in rocky but was hardly in taxi driver
to be honest he want in rocky for long

The Redeemer
Even AN APPEARANCE by HIM makes a film SOLID GOLD!!! smokin' A wasted talent, IMO! sad

dean7879
yep but thats life smile

WindDancer
This is a rather hard film to review (that's why I don't review a film like this). I don't know about the acting, but the storyline and the ending are between good and bad. The mannequin (sp?) attack and then the guy is found dead by the police is just hard to followed. It is a psychological killer film. But is just a little odd to understand where is going. The head explosion was great.....but just look closely to the windshield and you might notice a mistake.

dean7879
the mannequin attack was just all in his head...he just killed himself
the head explosion was great...tom savini is superb

Napalm
If its got lots of gore Ill watch it

dean7879
its got quite a bit

DaneBramage
Caroline Munro was the s#!t in her day. Spinelli did a great job on this pic. Still wasn't sick enough for me.

dean7879
i cringe at the scalping scene though

papabeard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The head explosion was great.....but just look closely to the windshield and you might notice a mistake.

Only one hole in wind screen?

I like this film too, very underrated and not as well known as it should be, just wondering if I have the cut version, does anyone know what extra footage is in the uncut version?

cropsy_is_god
I got this film 3 yrs ago at x-mas and wasn't looking forward to it but it's an awsome film.

slayer
Originally posted by Deano
i cringe at the scalping scene though

It's Available on VHS on Amazon.

Zilverz
just watched this tonight.. wow what a f-d up movie .. haha for those that like serial killers .. gesh this guy is sick .. haha and like everyone was stating .. salvini death is insane !!!

2D_MASTER
hahaha yeah I own Maniac. I love it, the fawking scene where good ol' Savini gets his head turned into cranberry sause, is priceless. It's a great horror film, really vulgar and disturbing. But strangely, I also find it funny in some parts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.