power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SK88728
i think people abuse their power way to much.... teachers do, managers do, monators do, presidents do, and even third grade line leaders do ( laughing out loud ) Who else? and how?

HockeyHorror
power can make anyone do anything...so its their nature to abuse it or want even more power.

Ushgarak
It is worth noting that, as most complainants about this sort of thing have no power of themselves- often, this is a good thing- I am rarely impressed by such complaints. Yes, power can corrupt, but actually most of the time it is wielded by people trying to do the best they can do- and normal people tend to resent them for it.

HockeyHorror
ush> very true

SK88728
i know, like if you say one thing to a monator that they dont like. they will try to destroy what you want. Like a new poll, they will say like that it's already been made or same with threads, but some are cool. like Raz and Kes. those are the onlt ones i know, i know of some others but i dont ever 'come in contact' with them.

SK88728
sounds like your trying to direct that to someone Ush.

Ushgarak
Nope, simply stating an opinion.

yerssot
"There is no knowledge that is not power"

lil bitchiness
Not everyone abuses power. Power is safest in the hands of those who dont want it.

shaber
It's safer not to have a high concentration of it in any one place.

SK88728
indeed

rusky
Here, at my highschool, where I go with Fitch, we are the network admins, and practically handle all computer-related stuff in the school, and as such, we get a lot of credit from the teachers (like, we can skip classes without much concern wink).

So I assume we DO abuse this power, by skipping quite a lot of classes, the reaon why some of our coleagues and even some teachers think we're scum, but then again, they don't have to come to school in the weekends if the local server is down, or stay on after school, or visit school during holidays, or for that matter, bother to do crappy maintenance on over 100 pc's..

Xena fan
Of course Power brings corruption. Politicians love power more than anybody. The idea is to learn to control power NOT let power control us.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.