Will there be any surprises left?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
If you've watched Ep. 5 with the cast and crew commentary, you know of what lengths Lucas and crew went to to make sure Luke's parentage was a surprise to us. I dont think I've been hit with a cinematic brick that heavy since, and I probably never will. The Usual Suspects had nothing on that moment. My little 8 year old mind was in as much denial as Luke!

Question is, do you think something like that is possible with Ep.3?

Lucas has two things going against him. First, we all know how the story ends. Second, the internet. Some office assistant hears some rumor and its posted on AICN before Lucas can finish the sentence.

I like to remain positive. I hope that the cast and crew love their art and their audience enough to leave a few nuggets secret. I even hope that some of the "official" info is false, stuff put out to mislead us. Star Wars has to end with a bang, I really hope Lucas has a shocker or two waiting for us.

So, what do you guys think?

BAILY
Sadly I think a lot of the info leaked is true... but I also thought that some of it might have been leaked to mislead us. I guess time will tell. But I went into AOTC and left with only one surprise and it was only that I misunderstood a part of the novel, I thought the Dooku speeder chase was in the arena.... which in theory would have sucked. The rest of the movie I had read already on the net months before hand.... I was originally gonna go into ROTS spoiler free. But once I found out the first spoiler (that there was a huge space battle at the beginning, from Lucas of all people) I just gave in.

Jayd265
i read the "script" that i found somewhere, and it seems like most of it could pass as being true, so i know too much already lol

Jedi Priestess
did someone say "script" blink

BAILY
As long as you didnt go and buy one of those fake scripts off Ebay, you are fine Jayd265.... but you prolly were reading someone's fan made script based on spoilers... there are alot of them out there. As long as it wasnt Supershadows... I think you are good.

bilbofett
JP!!! I thought you didnt wanna know about the script!!!

Jedi Priestess
I dont, but I need a warning when its time to depart...my "going-spoiler-free-after-the-script-leaks" buddy wink

Stunrun
ill try, but ill most probably give in to my will power, as usualsad

I think the reason why the "I am your father" thing was kept such a secret because we had no internet back then

.:Space Opera:.
there will be something revealed in EP. 3 im sure of it. there's so many possiblities. there's alot of mysteries surrounding grevious, and i wouldnt be surprised if something quite interesting was revealed about him.

Mist
how very true. all you have to do is stumble into one thread, and a shocking spoiler is revealed. i had no idea dookus hands were going to be cut off, until i saw the pics by scramba. in one way, it heightens your anticipation for the movie, but another way it spoils all the surprise. the biggest spoiler they should have kept in locked doors should have been sidious vs yoda. sure, fans would have guessed there was going to be a duel against them, but they couldve at least held it until the movie to reveal it.
and that josh guy from tfn, i race to see what new news he has of ep3, but part of me says 'no, resist.you must resist!' i cant help myself. my friend hasnt even seen the teaser yet, he must have GREAT mind control.

Creechuur
I'm not talking about all the internet rumors available. Thats pretty much up to you, whether or not you want to indulge. I'm talking about Lucasfilm purposefully putting out misleading info or making sure some info DOES NOT get leaked.

I guess what I'm wondering is if even an admitted spoiler-hound like myself will have a couple surprises in store.

I do plan on reading the novelization. I'm almost looking more forward to that than the movies release. I'll make sure and tell you all about it when I read it JP!

Jedi Priestess
Oh NO you wont! stick out tongue and you have a pm pal.

Creechuur
Why are there always so many people on during the day? Dont you people have work or school or something to go to? big grin

cornponious
No.

corn

LandoSpeeder
I'm home schooled. stick out tongue

Cowboyography
yeah I am at work, but fortunatley web design allows me to peruse the net all day smile and I say that it is impossible to keep a secret with today internet world, The only way to keep something secret is to make the public not care about it or to not be interested in it, and then spring it upon them, With Star Wars its just not possible!!

Creechuur
I'm tending to agree with you, but I sure hope we're wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.