Batman's mentality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
We all know he isn't exactly right in the head right? The guy should get himself checked. I mean yeah sure, he lost his parents at a tender age,so sad.But people normally get over that.A normal person would heal after all these years, not cause himself, absolutely self inflicted pain and anguish. Especially after he donned the Bat cowl, after he was exposed to that sort of violence and inhumanity night after night, he should be convinced that yes, what happened to him wasn't fair, and it wasn't his fault. And it was NOT his responsibility to put a stop to it.

So he goes out and saves the world, automatically is labeled a hero. Well, action are judged by intentions. It isn't his intent to help others, it is his intent to rid himself of the incessant self imposed guilt. He is in essance a selfish man, who's crusade on the criminals of Gotham has stemmed from no other fact than his attempt to bring peace to his OWN mind.So in the process, other people sleep peacefully.Yeah Great(applause) buthe doesn't MEAN to do that.

Also, he is big for truth and justice when it comes to others but probably doesn't even notice it when they are cast aside by himself so many times. His playboy 'facade' exploits women. USES them, hurts them. It is sick and sad that the great defender of Gotham resorts to such actions himself and his excuse? His 'facade'. He tricks and manipulates the rich folk of Gotham by day, counting them as his freinds and allies while by night, sneaks up to the same people and terrorises them. Backstabber.

He embezzles so much money generated by all of his worldwide companies and puts it to private use.Problem?It's damn ILLEGAL!

I love my Batman.

Bardock42
Superman is much more selfish than Batman.

Bat Dude
Superman is better liked than Batman(why is that you ask? The powers)

DarkCrawler
Yeah, he is one sick bastard.

But I am one too, so I guess I can relate to him.

Me like Batman.

vaya_the_elf
Batman is messed up, but i still love him big grin

Bat Dude
This is off topic but have you heard that some guy is beating up burglars, drug dealers, and muggers in New York wearing a Batman costume? I think that's pretty kool. And I have proof of it, too

Red Superfly
It was you wasn't it?

DarkAge
No, it was me. As for selfishness, what about the donations he makes as Bruce Wayne? Even if he does fight crime just to give himself a clear conscience, doesn't that guilt indicate selflessness? He obviously sees himself as someone who has alot of responsibility, otherwise he wouldn't have spent all of those years creating all of his gadgets and studying all those forms of combat. If he was selfish surely he wouldn't be working so hard?

Blind-Enemy
batman is as twisted , sick and f*cked up as his foes ... he's got to be boderline psycho himself! , I mean , he knows how these guys think well enough to turn their logic against them

ash007
http://members.tripod.com/the_twinz/batman.htm

holy crap

DarkCrawler
Cool

Red Superfly
This guy rocks! Go real Batman!

This guy IS Batman!

Gregory
The general consensus among the comics I've read is that this is not correct. In Virtue and Vice, the spirit of wrath is exercised when one of the heroes Batman was beating on correctly identified hope, not wrath, as Batman's real motivation. Of course, what drives Batman varies from author to author.

And DarkAge has a point. For a "selfish" man, Batman spends a heck of a lot of money on the less well-off.

Blind-Enemy, on the other hand, does not, unless he's also willing to write off the entire psychological profession as a bunch of crazies.

wuTa
batman new york is awesome...i want him to train me so i can become robin new york

Blind-Enemy
what i meant was that batman knows his foe's mentality very well

DarkAge
Kicked a gun out of a mugger's hands and rammed him into a tree? That guy kicks ass!

Gregory
I don't support vigilantaism, but it's hard to deny the truth of this statement.

Bat Dude
New York Batman: The only Batman(if you don't count Bruce Wayne) this guy is slick. He can knock out almost any criminal easily and the batsuit probably looks kool

Punkyhermy
He is my new HERO!

Bat Dude
Ok, whatever.

Jackie Malfoy
Well he became batman so to get his angrer out.But I do think he does need to get some help.He still seened pretty distrubed to me.JM

miahera
The cape crusader posing as Batman must be a woman on PMS!

Nathaniel Grey
Batman without a doubt is suffering from mental instabilities. But that's the over all appeal of the character. He's in essence like stated a selfish individual who's only concern is perpetuating his own delusions and feeding the insecurities that he holds about himself. But if you're going to be labeled a vigilante and you're going to nurse your psychosis why not go all the way? ( ie; The Punisher ) Batman has been winding down an apparent self destructive path since the day of his dark conception. Why does he still cling to the notion that his vigils are noble? Yes, they do aid those around him and have allowed people the luxury of safety that would otherwise be capsized but why? Also he's involved people into his delusions more than often getting them killed or otherwise entrapped with his sense of justice. ( ie; Grayson, Todd, Drake, Gordon etc. ) But you have to give it to the man. He's out there fighting a battle that most couldn't handle. I suppose in a way his mental illness has allowed him to accept most situations that normal people would break down over. ::Raises his glass.:: Cheers to the Batman!

Punkyhermy
*does a dance* GO BATSY!GO BATSY! wink

Bat Dude
What? Has anyone in these forums been in New York and heard about this guy?

Nathaniel Grey
I confess. I am the NYC Batman. I hang from the rafters at night waiting in the deepest, darkest and most dangerous parts of the city to fight injustice...and pay the expensive bill my shrink gives me. I'm not ashamed of what I do... I'M NOT! I want my Mommy! sad

Paola
laughing out loud

Joker1237
I dont think there is a guy dress like a Bat in new york fighting crime lol.

If that was so, I would head to New York dress like a clown to trap the Bat lol.

Punkyhermy
LOL!Go Joker!
And I'll dress like Catwoman and head to NY!!!!!

Nathaniel Grey
I'm already in N.Y. Batcostume and all. I even have Bat-Boxers. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.