Older People.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SK88728
I think that its a little wierd that like when you go in some chat rooms there will be like some 50 yr old guy trying to talk to you. Or when you are waiting in line and then some older, like by 15 yrs, will be asking you questions. Or maybe it's just me. Even talking to someone who is like 24 online that i dont know is a little wierd too. (i'm 15 FYI) But there are really cool ones out there. Like some ppl I've met on here. But what always pops in my mind is, what if they are those messed up ppl. Like that guy who kid napped that poor girl in florda. Or those people who will stalk you online. Or WANT really bad to see a pic of you. What do ya think, I my self dont like the idea of most older strangers talking to me.

Ushgarak
Did you ever consider that older people find the younger people creepy also?

HockeyHorror
*applause*

very well said Ush.

SK88728
maybe you should post a thread about that then, and we would be able to see both sides of the story.

yerssot
people talking to me??? laughing out loud

WindDancer
Is good to be cautious when talking to people online. The same outside in the world, you really can't trust no one. I'm an older guy, and I like to talk to people on chat rooms, but I also know to keep certain questions or comments out of the conversation. Honestly I rarely get personal with people on line.

§pearhead
Sk8, I'm sorry but it seems like what you said was very ignorant. I'm only 15 myself, but I find that talking with folks from a different generation can be rather helpful--you realize that if there was no DOB option in the profile that it can be rather difficult to pinpoint someone's age. I have nothing against it at all.

SlayerChick1188
I usually keep personal information to myself when talking to people online, regardless of their age. It's really none of their business.

rusky
I actually enjoy talking to older people..many of those my age are quite the assses...(FYI I'm 17)

Fire
I have tons of friends who are a lot older than me, I don't care heck when I was 16 I hung out with ppl of the age of 24

BackFire
I'd much rather talk to an older person who can create readable and intelegent sentances, as opposed to a little 13 year old spamming a bunch of "l337" terms that can't be understood by anyone without a geek's dictionary.

Talking to kids is annoying for the most part.

iluvpippin
yeah, im 14 and ive got so many 17 year old friends 14 year old (guys) suck, an theres so many 16 and 17 year old guys that i loooove, some i wanna go out wit. i hate guys my age theyre so immture!

mechmoggy
Oldies are boring, thank god I'm still young. whistle

Evy_O
I disagree erm I'm 16 myself, and I think there are old pervs, as there are young pervs as well...
Now, about that guy that kidnaped the girl (haven't heard of the case)... uh well, even if a YOUNG person with a twisted mind wanted to do that... I doubt he/she could actually do it. So it's not the age itself, it's the opprotunities that it offers.

Fire
hehe go evy

Corran
If you don't want to talk to people, young or older then don't. When online how do you know that the person in the chat rooms really is who they say they are. If a young person was to form an online relationship with someone they thought was young and started divulging privte information, that other person could be someone completely different a wierdo or anything, you should ALWAYS be cautious chatting online, even for growed up people this can still be langerous. so if this worries you then do not chat online - quite simple really.

ash007
number 1 lesson-Trust noone

Corran
OK Fox.

Baylin
Yes its important that you are weary about who you chat with and its easy enough to avoid/report people that give you the creeps.

Yes believe it or not older people can be interested in having a laugh without being some wierdo pervert.

But saying that I am surprised that older people would even consider pis**ng about, playing games and having a laugh online!
I mean, imagine it. Here I am nearly 30 years old and I could end up chatting to someone who's like 40 or something... It's obscene! stick out tongue stick out tongue

Striel
I'll have to remember not to reply to anymore of your posts.

I'm 24.

SK88728
I honestly dont mean to insult any one older then me... sry if i do

Fëanor
one day when you're 30 or 40 yrs old...you'll look at kids your age then and think...what dorks...and those kids will look at you and think...dude, you're ancient...

for some who are older...they're not always pervs lookin' to score with some young righteous babe...or even cyberstalkers...they're havin' fun just like the rest of us...that have no life... stick out tongue

Linkalicious
I always tried to get along with older people and in most cases i succeed. If age is going to be the deciding factor in regards to having a conversation with me or not...then i probably don't want to talk to you anyways.

Gundark
What Corran said.

I never use chat rooms. Not when I have all these hunky Brits here on my msn..... wink

Baylin
I dont chat with anyone I just make pointless inane comments...

Corran
Oo oo add me, add me.

Gundark
Well.....I'll think about it. wink

keokiswahine
eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! GUNDYYYYYYYYY. YOU'RE HOME. smokin' Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

*BIGGEEEEEE HUG*

mechmoggy
I'm always up for hugs too. big grin

Fire
hehe mechy you dog stick out tongue

ash007
mmmm i am 19 nearly 20 and i think i am older then half the people here.

Also lesson number 1 never ever give out personall information ok guys good.

If you remember this you can have fun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.