What impact will Episode III have on I and II?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eXSBass
I was watching TPM today and thought it was fantastic. I always thought it was fantastic but liked it better due to the fact of knowing what's next! (The Clones and fall of Anakin)

So, how do you think Episode III will impact I and II?

BAILY
It will make Episode I look like a joke and it will far exceed AOTC has the best of the prequels....

But as a matter of record I love TPM too. It was a fun movie... I think the reason why people didnt respond to it was because they were expecting the OT, in terms of story and characters. PT is far different in scope and everything. I enjoy the prequels more than the OT actually. But still the best SW movie by far is ESB. ROTS will be a close second to me.

NoFate007
I think people will respect the first two more. Granted, Episode I will still have its great flaws of the stupid jokes and the Wee line, Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar Binks...but in the grand scheme of things, I think Episode I will be perceived as better than it has been. Episode II I think everyone will love if they haven't already.

AntniEllison
How can you say that ROTS will be a close second to you? You havent even seen the movie yet soo it might surpass ESB.

BAILY
ESB will always have a special place in my heart. It will prolly tie for first place with ESB. I really loved ESB. And I really love ROTS.... even though I havent seen it, and it does have potential to pass ESB as my fav, only time will tell and also how good the GG vs Obi duel is. I am a little worried about how the GG battle is gonna turn out. Leaving it until the last on ILM's part better not be a mistake. I dont want to see a rushed animated job on this. If the battle surpasses what I am expecting. Then ROTS will be my fav, then ESB a close second.

Xam
First off i aint going to respond to the question of this thread mainly because WE HAVENT seen it yet!!!you cant judge a movie by the traile!!Episode 1,the trailer was the best,the battle droids looked like terminators and they actually acted worst than JAR JAR!!!

eXSBass
For crying out loud, the question is answerable. Because we have alot of facts.
And the actual question is
What impact will Episode III have on I and II?
It's not What impact did Episode III have on I and II?

Sadako of Girth
The first meeting of Anakin and Padme in Watto's Junkshop has already gained 3000% percent more poigniance and depth than it ever had initially, now being clued-up as to Padme's fate, and that despite Anakin's dream of freeing all the slaves, it never happened and worse still he himself remained a slave(At least to his own fears, and then to the darkside and Palpatine) until moments before his death....
This retro-tragedy should be enough in itself to do the job on viewings of TPM when we've actually seen ROTS.

The seemingly small progressive steps taken by Palpatine over TPM and AOTC will also doubtlessly carry more impact....

Sadako of Girth
....But Jar-Jar will have to have to be sooooo badly beaten to death or killed in some unflinching evil way to squeeze one ounce of forgiveness from me for having been created...

The only point of his role that I could see of any relevance, was that his overall brainlessness combined with a child-like trusting nature became pivotal to Palps getting his emergency powers given to him....

...But man, it still hurts as a longtime SW fan to see those painfully contrived slapstick routines. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.