DVD Review Thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
After toying around on TheDigitalBits.com, I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a DVD review thread? Simply put, it would break down all the aspects of a particular release, and kind of help you to decide weither or not it's worth the purchase or not?

Answer accordingly, and I'll leave it open for a week in which we could decide. smile

Mane
This could be good. thumb up

Dr. Strangelove
I'm all for it. thumb up

dean7879
thumb up thumb up

Cinemaddiction
Nice. I threw up a sample "Shaun of the Dead" DVD review. You guys can either LMK either here or in that thread what else you'd like to see included.

Dr. Strangelove
I would like to see a Napoleon Dynamite review. I'll probably buy the DVD weither the DVD is good or not but I would like to know if the disk is good.

Just one question Cin...is it okay to write a review of a DVD that has already been released a couple of months ago or does it have to be a new release?

Cinemaddiction
I'll definately do a Napoleon DVD review, probably this Sunday, when I buy it, though.

As for older DVDs being reviewed, be my guest. You guys are more than welcome to submit reviews, just try and follow my same formula. I trust, you especially, know how to break down a DVD's features. So, yes, go right ahead. I just wanna build the DVD forum up, it's my passion.

dean7879

dean7879
is this ok?
i didnt know how to get the dawn of the dead cover like u had it with your shaun of the dead cover on the other thread c-dic

Cinemaddiction
Right on. You could post that seperately if you want, but that's as basic a review as people would need. I'd like to see someones review of the 4 disc DOTD set. I'm buying it, regardless, but would like to hear others input.

dean7879
so when u post reviews do we use this thread or create a seperate thread
what would u suggest?

Mane
Separate thread.

dean7879
i think we should put em all in one thread..thats my opinion

Mane
But Cory said he wants to build up the DVD forum. I think he means he want more people and more threads active in it.

Cinemaddiction
I say seperate. I wanted to beef up the forums, with seperate threads. If we have one thread where we review a bunch of different movies, nobody will know what's being reviewed, when it was reviewed, etc.

If I want a "Anchorman" DVD review, I'm not going to know to look in a generic "DVD Review" thread. I'm a lazy American, and if I wanna read about THAT DVD, I'd want it to be in its own thread, where we can specifically talk about THAT movie.

The DVD forums, as they are, just aren't so busy that a single thread for each DVD will hurt it. It will only make it better, IMO. Speaking of which, I should have a Napoleon Dynamite review up later tonight.

dean7879
ok then
but we should so a sepearate thread with a sort of a contents page which tell u what reviews are available within the forum..ask the mod to make it a sticky thread

or maybe im just talkin out of my ass eek!

the dvds i will be reviewing soon:

texas chainsaw massacre special edition
hellraiser collection
little britain series 1

Mane
"Flippin' sweet!"

dean7879
i might do a review of 'the office boxset' which i bought today
does anyone watch the office?

Mane
I want Cory to do a review of Resident Evil: Deluxe Edition.

Cinemaddiction
Cory will do it. thumb up

I appreciate everyones help in rebuilding these forums. You'll notice the MASSIVE change in traffic as of late. Keep up the good work, and I'd appreciate any and all contributions you guys can muster.

Thanks again, gang.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.