damn droids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
Aside from c-3P0 being a whinney little ***** shouldnt of he knew who luke was i mean after all his father did build him.
and the same goes for r2d2 in anh he should of known who obi1 was but instead its like they never knew each other. and obi1 should of known at least who r2d2 was maybe he was getting alzhiemers or something.

yerssot
well,... his FATHER built him, not Luke, so there is no reason he should know Luke.

And R2... well... There can be millions of blue R2-units...

queeq
Oh well, we'll all find out about the memory erasing in the next film, I guess.

ryamathart
his father built him but they both have the same last name so it would be that hard to figure.

Ushgarak
Look, yerss, it TOTALLY defies credibility that Obi-Wan would not know who those droids were; doubly so as his friend Bail Organa sent them. And R2s name is written on the side of him; you telling me Obi-Wan never checked?

ryamathart
i mean his dad built 3p0 so 3p0 should at least know luke was his son.

ToMacco
3PO didn't recogize Luke as Anakin's son, because Episode I II and III wern't made yet.

ryamathart
yeah thats what was thinkin

ToMacco
That's basically the truth of it all. Even though Lucas can come up with some explination later.

yerssot
3PO CAN'T know Luke if he hasn't MET him
that's the idea!
About R2, you don't understand him for starters, and perhaps he felt the information was irrelavent

Ushgarak
Well, maybe he did, but the point is still that Obi-Wan would have recognised him.

yerssot
well, they didn't specificly asked him
and besides, perhaps OB1 didn't want to accept the mission

Bantha Fodder
The droids should have recognized Lars and his farm as well, since they've both been there. And Lars should have recognized the droids in ANH, at least C3P0, who he spent a great deal of time with.

Maybe C3PO gets a memory wipe. I can see R2D2 not getting a memory wipe, that droid seems to know what's going on in ANH, and where to find Ben, etc. But 3PO doesn't know anything.

This seems likely since it appears to be common practice to wipe droid's memory when they switch owners. Plus 3PO's memory may have been wiped for security purposes by those who wanted to hide Luke and Lea from Anakin, or by the rebellion later on.

The part that bugs me is that Lars doesn't recognize the droids. Sure there are plenty of droids around that look like 3PO and R2, but once he heard the names, particularly C3PO, it should have jogged his memory...after all the guy lived with 3PO for nearly a decade prior to AOTC! How could he forget a droid that he lived and worked with for nearly a decade?

Jedi Mercenary
honestly, I thing GL had Anakin build threepio just to fit him in there. Even though it's in the movie, I still don't believe Anakin built him.

TeCk-IcE
But it is still weird........Old ben shoukd have recognised c3po and r2d2.....hmmz...I wonder... confused

yerssot
Well, there is a silver 3PO unit in the opening scene in ANH, there's a silver one in the hangar in ESB...

those just came in my head, so there are a lot of those units

TeCk-IcE
Yeah...but c3po is weird...really weird.....you should recognise a guy like him.

big grin

yerssot
that's the problem, he's a droid not a guy

TeCk-IcE
laughing out loud yeah yeah.... rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.