Weezer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

***S***
I ran a search, so close this if there is a thread already... but NO WEEZER thread?

Wow...

Gotta love Weezer. The Blue Album, Pinkerton... great albums. Green Album was a bust, but had its moments.

Who else likes Weezer?

Silver Stardust
Love Weezer....ever since I was a kid yes

Deathblow
Overrated.

Cinemaddiction
They brought surf rock back to the forefront with the "Blue" album, but now they've spawned a trend that will forever plague society in one instance or another.

Ronny
i love them love i love the sweater song laughing out loud so funny

Shadow_King
i like some of their songs

SeptemberRain
Wow, there really wasnt a Weezer thread? thats insane.

I loved Weezer since i was a kid. Pinkerton is their best album to date. I read in a magazine article that Rivers dose not like to play many songs from Pinkerton at concerts because that was a really hard time in his life an he does not like to think about it. But when i saw them in concert ( i think it was 3 years ago), they played 10 songs from that album.

My friends and I played hacky sac at that concert with some guy we met their while Dashboard Confessional was playing their set. We didnt really fell like watching DC. But when Weezer came on we were sucked into the performance.

tabby999
i dont mind some of their stuff, love the song Suzane, some of it is mediocore

Silver Stardust
If you want to destroy my sweater....pull this thread as I walk away....watch me unravel, I'll soon be naked.....lying on the floor, I've come undone....

laughing

Weezer's another of those groups that I've listened to for ages, and more or less grew up listening to yes

***S***
I know. Me too.

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

Solo
Love Weezer, Blue Album/Pinkerton are classics. They should've just released the 5th Unreleased album instead of Make Believe.

The 5th Unreleased album could've been their comeback.

Alpha Centauri
Make Believe is absolutely excellent. People who dislike it are just fans who can't handle that Weezer are, you know, creative. Wanted to evolve their sound and all that.

Don't see how they're overrated considering Rivers is possibly the greatest songwriter ever. Possibly.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by SeptemberRain
But when i saw them in concert ( i think it was 3 years ago), they played 10 songs from that album.

So that would be the whole album, then?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Weeee-Ewwwwwww, I-liked-em when they sang 'Buddy Holly'. Oh-oh, now I like them even more. I don't care what you say about them anyway. I don't care about that.

I don't think 'Make Believe' has a bad song...'Hold Me' and 'We Are All On Drugs' are especially excellent.

My favorite Weezer track, in the world, ever? Dunno, I like 'em all in special ways.

Great band, great songs, great times.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Deathblow
Overrated.

Koala MeatPie

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Weeee-Ewwwwwww, I-liked-em when they sang 'Buddy Holly'. Oh-oh, now I like them even more. I don't care what you say about them anyway. I don't care about that.

I don't think 'Make Believe' has a bad song...'Hold Me' and 'We Are All On Drugs' are especially excellent.

My favorite Weezer track, in the world, ever? Dunno, I like 'em all in special ways.

Great band, great songs, great times.

While I don't dislike it, We Are All on Drugs is my least favourite of theirs. Seemed a bit lazy for someone of Rivers' ability.

Lana
Freak Me Out amuses me to no end, I love that song.

Beverly Hills is one of those songs that's excellent to play really loudly when you're driving someone.

I think my favorite song off that album is Perfect Situation.

Afro Cheese
I haven't really listened to their music at all so I won't comment on them as a band but that "Beverly Hills" song is really annoying.. and so is "Island On A Sun" to a lesser extent.

Phat J
weezer one of those bands my brother got me into when i was a kid and never really stopped listening to. the blue albums the best IMO, but thats probably just because of the sentimental value. the green album was just as good, but when i listen to blue i just wanna break out the guitar and play the sweater song.

SleaterKinney32
I looove Weezer. I'm thinking they're one of those bands I could never get sick of, same goes for the Pixies.

But on to Weezer.. the Blue Album and Pinkerton are my favorite, which seems like a typical answer. I didn't mind the Green album at all, I just felt it could have been better, same goes for Maladroit. When Make Believe first came out, I loved every single song, but the more I listened to it, the less I liked it. I still really like Perfect Situation and Peace, but I think I'll be sticking to their older stuff.

Deathcow
I fuccken love Maladroit...followed by the Blue Album.

I hate the Green Album and I hate 90% of Make Believe...

And Pinkerton would be just below the Blue Album for me.

Victor Von Doom
The Green Album is quite misunderstood. It can seem like it blows past without much happening, but it is quite possibly one of the most perfectly conceived albums ever.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
While I don't dislike it, We Are All on Drugs is my least favourite of theirs. Seemed a bit lazy for someone of Rivers' ability.

I think my enjoyment of it is two-fold: a) I like to sing "We are all on drugs!" as I drive, and b) I enjoy the contrast of a pseudo-anthemic sounding song, that is coulpled with lyrics that are almost the anitihesis - "And the best of your days/Will all vanish into haze when you're/On drugs".

So, what are your favorites?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think my enjoyment of it is two-fold: a) I like to sing "We are all on drugs!" as I drive, and b) I enjoy the contrast of a pseudo-anthemic sounding song, that is coulpled with lyrics that are almost the anitihesis - "And the best of your days/Will all vanish into haze when you're/On drugs".

So, what are your favorites?

I don't really have any particular favourites with Weezer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.